You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham

Stouffer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Nando coming good at last - looks like his confidence and match fitness are finally getting there - now if he could put away one or two of those sitters he keeps missing...

Credit to Rafa for trying something different today - looks like a best formation is starting to take emerge. Sounds like a real captains performance today too.

Play your best players, 442, good attacking full backs, ans excellent midfield players. Normal 2-0 win over West Ham just like the old days.

Agreed - although I'm intrigued by your description of Riise in the light of your other comments about him of late.

Great to see Nando coming good at last - looks like his confidence and match fitness are finally getting there - now if he could put away one or two of those sitters he keeps missing...

Credit to Rafa for trying something different today - looks like a best formation is starting to take emerge. Sounds like a real captains performance today too.

Isn't that a bit optimistic/naive after one home game against West Ham?

He's been absolutely useless for the rest of the time he's been here. Err I mean Nando BTW, not Rafa. ;)

Nando was shit in my opinion, as was Cisse.

Better midfield display and looked a lot more balanced with stevie out wide.

Happy with the result and hope after a few more workmanlike performances we can start adding some quality again. :yes:

'Optimistic/naive' to say that he's finally coming good ? - not at all - he's shown more quality touches in the last couple of games than in the previous eight months. Granted its only two games, but as someone who was sceptical about buying him in the first place, he's starting to show what he can do for the team. Can't you see the difference ?

Not really. As I said on another thread I only saw the first half and the last 20 minutes of the second but he didn't play a blinder. He was no more than average, for me.

He's clever and knows what to do; he just doesn't seem to have the physical attributes or the aggression to make it happen.

Nanda was better today, looks like hopefully he is finding his feet after his injuries and actually did enough to get a decent ovation from the kop today. Some of his touches and quality were there to show today and he just needs to finish a couple.

Heres hoping he stears clear of injury and continues this upward trend

But Crouch only came on as sub.

I wouldn't call Crouch clever.

Noticed as soon as he came on today he got the piss ripped out of him by the West Ham fans and no doubt all his worshippers will be on here later saying what an atrocity it is.

Before he played for us though; did any of our fans ever take the piss out of him when he played against us? Come on now, be honest!

I'd struggle to believe we didn't because everyone knows how scouse football fans like to have a laugh and are always quick to notice an opportunity to take the piss.

I wouldn't call Crouch clever.

Noticed as soon as he came on today he got the piss ripped out of him by the West Ham fans and no doubt all his worshippers will be on here later saying what an atrocity it is.

Before he played for us though; did any of our fans ever take the piss out of him when he played against us? Come on now, be honest!

I'd struggle to believe we didn't because everyone knows how scouse football fans like to have a laugh and are always quick to notice an opportunity to take the piss.

I've seen him against us in the past and thought he was a freak. But I did notice his good first touch as it surprised me. Overall though, he is very slow, doesn't score many goals and isn't all that of a link man. However, the fans abusing him is a disgrace, as rapists and cheats get less these days.

You either know nothing about football or weren't watching. Nando was outstanding today. Probably my man of the match, although he was pushed for that by Alonso and Garcia.

And no, I'm not spanish!

Nope I know lots about football and had a perfect view thanks ;)

He certainly has an excellent football brain which Cisse could only dream of, unfortunately his legs are a long way behind it.

Simply not enough pace. Some excellent little through balls from Gerrard and co that should have been gobbled up. His finishing also leaves a lot to be desired for someone famed for their aerial prowess.

Not writing him off as he may come good but in my opinion was shit today.

I've seen him against us in the past and thought he was a freak. But I did notice his good first touch as it surprised me. Overall though, he is very slow, doesn't score many goals and isn't all that of a link man. However, the fans abusing him is a disgrace, as rapists and cheats get less these days.

I don't disagree; he can't help being tall and skinny. If here were being attacked for not being white then something'd be done about it.

That wasn't my point though really. I just wondered if our fans used to do it to him before he joined us. Did he get stick before he joined us or is it just because he's got a higher profile now?

Simply not enough pace.

He's never had pace though.

Some excellent little through balls from Gerrard and co that should have been gobbled up. His finishing also leaves a lot to be desired for someone famed for their aerial prowess.

The two occassions that spring to mind, Gerrard overhit the through ball & the header that he should really have scored (I'll give you that one). He was excellent today though and apart from missing the header I think he did little wrong!

Guest Brian Stewart

Wasn't impressed with Nando in the first half, but he looked good in the second. Seemed a bit slow at times though, but it may be that he's finally getting to grips with the English game. Hope so...

Cisse really pissed me of in the first half with his moaning (particularly to Garcia) when he didn't get the balls he expected. Particularly pissed me off coz he made a hash of most things he tried.

Particularly impressed with Garcia. He does give the ball away more than he should, but he wins it a lot, he takes on players and beats them, makes chances. But above all, and this is his best quality, he never gives up. He runs, he chases, he defends. If everyone worked as hard as he did, we'd be far better off.

A lot of plusses in the game, quite a few minuses, but one of our best performances of the season. Sadly, that doesn't mean we were particularly good, but it was a major improvement. Lets hope it continues....

Guest glen buck

What happens to Crouch is down to certain scum bag journos who made it quite clear they didn't fancy him playing for their precious England before that recent game at OT, ignoring the fact he'd done quite well in his previous game. The fans picked up on this and before the end of the 1st game were on his back. When he came on for the 2nd game, they took it a stage further and booed him on, again ignoring the fact he did quite well just a few days before.

Since then everyone has followed suit, like the brainless sheep they are.

Saddest part is, it DOES seem to have affected his confidence.

If he isn't strong enough to snap out of it, they might eventually be proved right.

Which is yet another reason to dislike Ingurlund, and HATE the scum bags in the press.

:wallbutt: