You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why are we so bad?

ScouseAndy

Serious question as im struggling to find the reasons at the moment.

Quality of players, bad tactics, motivation etc. etc. have all been touted.

But these reasons shouldn't apply to a team with some world class players and a highly successful manager who have recently been crowned champions of europe.

Don't understand where its all going wrong. :no

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain it like this:

You can put the best rugby union team in the world up against a shit rugby league side, and they'll still lose.

Similarly, you can put one of the top exponents of European-style football up against a workmanlike side playing English-style football, and the result will be the same.

That's it.

Let me explain it like this:

You can put the best rugby union team in the world up against a shit rugby league side, and they'll still lose.

Similarly, you can put one of the top exponents of European-style football up against a workmanlike side playing English-style football, and the result will be the same.

That's it.

Thats a damn good analogy that.

Guest Gazmo25

I have put this in other posts in the past but I think the players attitude is at fault here. I honestly think that some of the players in the team switch off whenever we play a team that we should be beating. I have thought about it for a while and whenever we play teams who are better than us we always put a good performance in and at times outplay them. Prime example of thinking that teams are beneath us and we will stroll to victory is Burnley last year. Traore would never have done what he did in a league game and the likes of Biscan and Nunez couldn't have made it clearer that they thought they were too good to be involved in a game like that. It's happening too often to be a coincidenence and the question is what can Rafa do about that?

Guest Gazmo25
I think the answer is new players, so we are fucked until January. How we need an Owen now.

Rash you need to let this Owen thing go mate. I have put posts on giving Parry stick recently but agreed 100 percent with not going up to what Real wanted (and besides, don't think we have the money to either)

I think the answer is new players, so we are fucked until January. How we need an Owen now.

The answer is you play to your strengths and stick at it until you're forced to make a change. I think Rafa has got to question his rotation policy. If you play in a team that is winning you don't get tired or injured. Fact.........

Maybe we need to augment our Spanish coaching staff with some coaches who understand the English game inside-out? It's worth noting that our domestic form has suffered significantly since Sammy Lee left.

Whatever team Sammy coaches seems to play a dog of war style football. I'd love to see Roy Evans back.

The failure to address the obvious shortcomings in our squad over the summer has to be a major factor. The lack of a goal scorer has to affect the rest of the teams confidence as some decent performances earlier on in the season could of seen us go on a decent run if we could converted some of the chances we were creating.

Guest Gazmo25
Maybe we need to augment our Spanish coaching staff with some coaches who understand the English game inside-out? It's worth noting that our domestic form has suffered significantly since Sammy Lee left.

To be fair though Strontium, he was there for all of Evans and Houllier and in all that time we only looked like winning a couple of times. And we had shocking results under both Evans and Houllier.

I reckon Strontium Dog might be onto something with the rugby league / union analogy - maybe we could try putting 13 men out? *

As for what we need at the moment, I reckon some bollocks would be a start.

* Although if "the league team would win" I suppose we should start with nine...

Just posted this the other thread before I saw this one:

Whilst I'm not arsed about us going out of a competition like the Carling Cup, I am very much arsed about the way our club is perceived and the way our players go about representing the club on the pitch. Tonight was a truly dire performance from a bunch of players who just didn't have the balls for the fight, and that is simply not acceptable for Liverpool Football Club. We are a shambles right now, and certain players really need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask some serious questions about their "performance" on the pitch.

Here is what needs to be addressed, in my opinion.

1) Passing. Our passing is woeful. Nobody in the side bar Gerrard uses the ball well, and that isn't helped by a consistent lack of movement in the final third.

2) Attitude. I don't just mean the fact that certain players are going through the motions and failing to contribute, I mean the attitude that they are sent out onto the pitch with. They need motivating, BADLY. You can have all the tactical instructions in the world, but if you don't actually start playing until you're a goal down what the fuck use are they?

3) Does anybody know the Spanish for "shooting practice".

That's all I've got to say.