You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Palace thread...

Nunavut Patrick

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Stewart

Away from home, no Sky, just a very distorted signal on Radio 5. Probably just as well. After the euphoria of last May, we seemed to have returned to the pathetic form and performances of those last two ghastly years of Houllier's reign. Beaten by the might of Crystal Palace.

Back home at the weekend and Saturday afternoon at Anfield. Surely it can't get any worse.......

Did anybody else have that wierd dream on May 25th? Can't have been true....

No telly for me here. I just checked the lineups and there is no fucking way we can lose to a team that has a trackie goalie and two players with first names Fitz and Dougie.

No possible way. Even if the trackie goalie is starting on the bench, his replacement is Speroni.

Speroni. Sounds like Italian for "I fucked a SE Asian lady boy and had a spot of chicken curry and now I've got Speroni".

Oh, we're going to twat these bastards.

Oh, dear.

We're turning into a shambles. I don't know what the answers are and I don't want to get caught in internet sniping but it's simply not good enough, Carling Cup or not. I'm fed up of watching toothless, lacklustre, spiritless, disjointed football.

Before the hysteria kicks in.

You can make as many excuses as you like, that was not good enough!! Not by any standards. I am sick of seeing us create chances and not make them pay.

3 or 4 players are not putting the required effort in or are just simply not up to it.

Away from home, no Sky, just a very distorted signal on Radio 5. Probably just as well. After the euphoria of last May, we seemed to have returned to the pathetic form and performances of those last two ghastly years of Houllier's reign. Beaten by the might of Crystal Palace.

Dont want to get more flack, but I have said this before - it is not just the last 2 years of Houllier, it was last season as well (when we also lost to Palace away by the way). The Champions League was the exception last year, not the rule!!

Guest Brian Stewart
Dont want to get more flack, but I have said this before - it is not just the last 2 years of Houllier, it was last season as well (when we also lost to Palace away by the way). The Champions League was the exception last year, not the rule!!

I know you're right, but I was trying not to depress myself too much. Thinking of that little bit of happiness last May......

Thanks pal - really fed up now!

Our two most threatening players were Kewell and Morientes and he took them off.

I thought Kewell looked quite good although I missed the first half an hour due to football training. I might have missed our best spell of the game and am therefore going overboard but that was an absolute shambles.

There was no passion, no fight and a painful lack of quality. I don't even know if it was that bad under GH.*

*It was worse but i'm fed up

I know you're right, but I was trying not to depress myself too much. Thinking of that little bit of happiness last May......

Thanks pal - really fed up now!

Sorry mate, wasnt the intention. But the we have played disjointedly and wiithout passion for about the last 4 years (since the treble year or the season after when we were second), and there is something fundamentally wrong there.

could it be that kewell was a wee bit tired considering the amount of time he has been out, and rafa didn't want to take any chances with him?

he played the kids, the kids weren't up to it. it looked like zak could have done better on their first goal, and it also looked like warnock had fallen asleep at left back in the second half, which led to their second goal

I don't want to blame the kids though, we should have killedthat game off in the first half