Sign in to follow this  
Gav

Paul Weller's New Album

Not heard it all the way through yet but what I have sounds great. Was reading a interview with him about The Jam reforming and he said it was a possibility but only if they wrote new material. He said there was no way they could just go out and play the old stuff for easy money.

Was reading a interview with him about The Jam reforming and he said it was a possibility but only if they wrote new material. .

That's a surprise as I thought Weller had grown to hate the other two and there's been a few terse words down the years. I could imagine him singing Start or That's Entertainment but a 40-something performing Eton Rifles and Down in a Tube Station might jar.

Theres definately been talks between all of them about reforming but reading betwen the lines there were still a few fairly major hurdles to overcome before anything happened.

I don't care how old Weller gets That's Entertainment will always be a quality record.

Do any of you know the name of the drummer he uses? I think he's the older brother of the lad who used to play for Oasis.

Theres definately been talks between all of them about reforming but reading betwen the lines there were still a few fairly major hurdles to overcome before anything happened.

I don't care how old Weller gets That's Entertainment will always be a quality record.

Do any of you know the name of the drummer he uses? I think he's the older brother of the lad who used to play for Oasis.

Steve White I think, always has done. He usually has Craddock and Minchella from OCS on guitars too.

Steve White I think, always has done. He usually has Craddock and Minchella from OCS on guitars too.

I saw weller at V2000 and the drummer was outstanding, he did a solo bit towards then end that went on for ages, every time you thought he was going to stop he carried on again, really loved it.

The first five tracks are excellent but after that only Floorboards and Savages are up to the required standard. Illumination for me was his best since Stanley Road.