You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa's Wrong on This One

Red Nick

"You do not see this at Liverpool. Our fans stayed to sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. That meant a lot to me, the club and players because it showed they knew the score did not reflect the game.

Well personally i didnt sing YNWA for the reasons Rafa gave but for the love of my club

Also lots of people left when the 4th goal went in

Why not? I did. Some people need to look up the word SUPPORTER in the dictionary. :wallbutt:

Does supporter mean blind devotion? There's a massive difference between not applauding and booing. Booing is wrong but I think not applauding is fair enough.

Does supporter mean blind devotion? There's a massive difference between not applauding and booing. Booing is wrong but I think not applauding is fair enough.

It's got nothing to do with blind devotion, the players gave there all on Sunday and were unlucky to lose so heavily and I'll always applaud them off in such circumstances.

Apologies to Terry Mac, I thought you meant us.

It's got nothing to do with blind devotion, the players gave there all on Sunday and were unlucky to lose so heavily and I'll always applaud them off in such circumstances.

Apologies to Terry Mac, I thought you meant us.

I agree the players worked hard and I wasn't saying that I wouldn't have clapped them off. I was making the point that just because a fan feels they don't want to clap their team off doesn't make them any less of a supporter. Not clapping is a neutral action, imo, whereas booing isn't.

Fcukin hell, can't believe people are talking about "not applauding" or "booing" after that game, 4-1 was not a reflection of the game, we played very well in patches, to even consider booing is a fcukin disgrace! :no

Blame me on the thread going this direction...I originally meant its sad to see empty seats near the end ( i dont agree leaving early no matter the score) but jokingly added that they didint want to stay to applaud chelsea off (as if)...just some people took me up wrong

Fcukin hell, can't believe people are talking about "not applauding" or "booing" after that game, 4-1 was not a reflection of the game, we played very well in patches, to even consider booing is a fcukin disgrace! :no

I don't think you read it very well Matt and took the wrong end of the stick. I said that not applauding makes you no less of a fan as it is a neutral act that doesn't have the same implications as booing; which is always wrong.