You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You have got to be frickin JOKING

RedinSweden

Look at the BBC player ratings here

Djimi Traore - 5:

Troubled by Duff when he swapped flanks and also by high balls. An unconvincing performance at left-back.

Xabi Alonso - 6:

The least effective member of the midfield triumvirate spraying a few too many passes astray.

--------------------------------------

Ricardo Carvalho - 7:

Unfussy, combative and - in tandem with Terry - kept Crouch very quiet.

Michael Essien - 7:

Strong in the tackle, superb ball retention and a lone creative probe for his side.

DT was man of the match for me. He had Biscans euro touch, boys class!

Oh, get this too

Rafael Benitez - 6:

Went with a more attacking game plan than usual, but his side failed to match his adventure at home.

Jose Mourinho - 7:

Tactics designed to avoid defeat rather than achieve victory - so in that sense, a job well done.

Read it vefore I came on here and assumed that they were refering to a different match, I thought Didi was weakest of our midfielders, thought DT was class, thought that Jose played the usual Chelsea way, but just wasn't let get away with it by a team well prepped and drilled by Rafa, thought that Carvalho was just average, and I cannot remember Essien, or any Chelsea midfielder, Robben's shot aside, doing anything.

If you had written the script before the game then it would have been exactly as it turned out. Very tight, few chances and too many fouls to allow the game to flow. Chelsea very rarely take teams apart but they are very organised and difficult to break down, same again on Sunday I think.