You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match?

Stouffer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC website gave DT 5/10, saying:

Troubled by Duff when he swapped flanks and also by high balls. An unconvincing performance at left-back.

What game were they watching.

They made Didi MOM.

I just started a thread about that, sorry. I am a bit thread happy tonight. Blame the wine.

Xabi was slightly better than he has been recently, but he was still our third best central midfielder. Gerrard and Hamann were both excellent.

MoM was clearly Djimi - fucking immense performance from him barring a couple of pieces of dodgy positional play that he recovered from well.

Oh, and once again, the less said about Garcia's atrocious display, the better.

Fucking hell - I completely forgot they had SWP. I was so far away when he came on that, after seeing the complete ease with which my man Djimbo handled him, I just assumed it was Geremi. Djimi Traore is the best left back we've had in fucking years - and I don't even think it'll ultimately prove to be his best position. He'll do a Carra and switch to the middle eventually, becoming twice the player he is now for his experience on the flank.

I thought Finnan was fine, but I was screaming at him to get forward in the last 20 mins or so. He had acres of room and no-one to mark. Sami worried me a couple of times, but his dominance in the air is a huge asset for us. Carra was just Carra - as usual. As for Reina, one flap aside, I was impressed - especially by his reactions off his line which will allow us to defend further up the pitch.

In midfield, I thought Didi showed his usual big game class and temperament, Gerrard was disciplined and aggressive, and Xabi was conducting the play - as he should have been allowed to do at Birmingham.

I've mentioned Crouch elsewhere (class but needs more around him), but I felt sorry for Cisse and Lil' Luis. His Lordship clearly needs to feel loved and spending his days on the bench and then only being trusted to start on the right is not helping him. As for Luis, I think the fans are too ready to groan when he gives the ball away. He never once put us in danger as he was high up the pitch, and he really scares opponents because he's so tricky. I think he's quality.

Man of the match has to be Djimbo, though. A quality defender who has now handled every big name winger he's faced with ease.*

*I'll let him off with Joaquin because he was only beaten twice and it was his first start after injury.

Fucking hell - I completely forgot they had SWP. I was so far away when he came on that, after seeing the complete ease with which my man Djimbo handled him, I just assumed it was Geremi. Djimi Traore is the best left back we've had in fucking years - and I don't even think it'll ultimately prove to be his best position. He'll do a Carra and switch to the middle eventually, becoming twice the player he is now for his experience on the flank.

Paul, I thought Djimi was superb yesterday, and almost flawless in his marshalling of their sixty-seven hundred million billion pound wingers, but do you still think his best position is centre-back? He was beaten twice in the air by SWP in the second-half and misjudged two pretty easy headers in the first. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and still think he's our no.1 left-back and was one of the stand-outs from a match where no Liverpool player performed badly - I just really can't see him being a dominant force at centre-half.

Traore was excellent. Was a bit annoyed at a couple of blokes behind me in the Upper Cent, who were having a go at him because he didn't win a couple of headers. They thought he'd misjudged the ball, but I thought he'd just realised he wasn't going to get it, so he didn't committ himself, but waited for the ball to hit the floor before tackling. Idiots.

Am i the only one who doesnt think he was "amazing"? Played well yes, and showed lampard up for the over rated shite he is but still think there is more to come from him, as for the first few games, he seemed to be having a bit of the old second season syndrome.

see the "quarter of a bla bla"-thread