You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carlos Tevez

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard all sorts of explanations for the "RIP Fergie" sign. The most plausible one is not that he wants Ferguson dead, but that after Tevez left Utd, Ferguson said that City would take 100 years and never get to their level (of success) - ergo, in his lifetime.

Edit - dang! I'm so slow.

The iron cross has far wider connotations than the nazis (much like the swastika), they appropriated it as a symbol because of it's deep heritage in European culture. It's often used on memorials.

This is true.

In this case, however, its because Ginsoak is a massive nazi.

Guest davelfc

I can hear the call to the burns unit now, "yes, an old man you say, scalded with hot coffee, yes bring him in straight away"

I believe is is reference to Ferguson saying City would never be top dogs in his lifetime.

EDIT: Dave beat me to it, just!

That explains the now-innocent sign, but I was also referring to posts on here wishing him dead.

Even though his return coincided with their late revival and push for the title

Had he not gone AWOL for majority of the season maybe instead of the " late revival" he could have made sure City wrapped the league up well before the final day of the season.

Guest davelfc
The act it self is classless (but at the same time funny) , but the reaction it has invoked is priceless.

He could have referenced the comments in a few ways, I agree this was not the most classy way. But then it's been a footballer that's come up with that.

Something like "Not in your lifetime, over to you!" Would have been better, but we are talking about mancs here.

But I'll admit it's funny and if it further annoys the shithouse mancs then great, I feel they are in for a long long summer.

He could have referenced the comments in a few ways, I agree this was not the most classy way. But then it's been a footballer that's come up with that.

Something like "Not in your lifetime, over to you!" Would have been better, but we are talking about mancs here.

But I'll admit it's funny and if it further annoys the shithouse mancs then great, I feel they are in for a long long summer.

Nah, he wants him dead!! :whistle:

The iron cross has far wider connotations than the nazis (much like the swastika), they appropriated it as a symbol because of it's deep heritage in European culture. It's often used on memorials.

Thought so.