You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ingerlund...

Kopite

Oh yes, didn't we all laugh when Germany got tonked 5-1 by England in the last World Cup qualifiers.

But which one of those two teams made it all the way to the fucking final?

Also, can anyone tell me what the difference is between Northern Ireland "fans" booing Wayne Rooney because of his Irish Catholic background, and Spanish "fans" booing black players because of their African background? Double standards or what?

Also, can anyone tell me what the difference is between Northern Ireland "fans" booing Wayne Rooney because of his Irish Catholic background, and Spanish "fans" booing black players because of their African background? Double standards or what?

:tease: A load of absolute SHITE :tease:

I was at the game and Rooney was indeed booed........so was Beckham, Lampard, Cole....... little Northern Ireland were getting behind their team and barracking the opposition.

Your quote suggests to me that it is you with the problem O_o

I was at the game and Rooney was indeed booed........so was Beckham, Lampard, Cole....... little Northern Ireland were getting behind their team and barracking the opposition.

Sorry, yes, the Northern Ireland fans have no history of anti-Catholic bias. Just ask Neil Lennon :D

Rooney was the only player who was booed every time he touched the ball; I can't think of anyone else who was booed at all, in the first half at least. I find it hard to believe that I'm suffering from selective hearing, or that the pitchside microphones were suffering from some mechanical fault which only picked up the jeers against one player.

I didn't realise why Rooney was getting booed at first, and only him, and then I figured it out, and then you could understand why he totally lost control at the end of the first half.

Sorry, yes, the Northern Ireland fans have no history of anti-Catholic bias. Just ask Neil Lennon :D

Rooney was the only player who was booed every time he touched the ball; I can't think of anyone else who was booed at all, in the first half at least. I find it hard to believe that I'm suffering from selective hearing, or that the pitchside microphones were suffering from some mechanical fault which only picked up the jeers against one player.

I didn't realise why Rooney was getting booed at first, and only him, and then I figured it out, and then you could understand why he totally lost control at the end of the first half.

I was at the game and witnessed the whole thing first hand. Your view of the booing of Rooney is totally wrong. I'm watching the rerun on BBCNI now and Beckham is booed every time he goes near the ball!

Yes there was a problem with a section of the crowd and Neil Lennon some years ago. There were also bombs going off & people getting murdered. People in NI have moved on (admittedly there is still the odd nutcase still on the go - thanks to the government letting them all out of jail). The crowds back in the Lennon years for NI games were about 5,000. Recently they're up to almost capacity (14,000). The atmosphere tonight was superb.

Move on with the rest of us!

I havent seen the match, so i have no idea...but could`nt it be that they know Rooney have an extremely short fuse, and with his reputation they knew he my very well lose his temper??...I think Rooney is bound to be subject of provocation, because he is known to lose it....

just a thought.

Anyone who boos Rooney's alright by me, except those unionist cunts who I'd have incinerated by a fusion bomb given half the chance. I'm atheist as they come, and catholics can fuck off too (any religious twunts for that matter), but fuck me, unionists and their orangemen bollockarse marches, grrrrr!!!

Or you could talk about the reception that Peter Lovenkrands and Barry Ferguson received playing for their respective countries at Lansdowne Road.

Must have been your television because it sounded to me that Rooney didn't get any worse reception than Beckham, Lampard or Gerrard apart from when he started rising to it.

I havent seen the match, so i have no idea...but could`nt it be that they know Rooney have an extremely short fuse, and with his reputation they knew he my very well lose his temper??...I think Rooney is bound to be subject of provocation, because he is known to lose it....

just a thought.

Exactly Kurt.

Depends what you are booing for fella. E.g. What if we only booed black players and not the rest?

Racism is wrong no matter what, but come on, Racist chanting is much worse than booing a player because he is black which is in turn worse than just simply not liking people because they are black but not expressing it, its all racism, its all wrong but it exists and lets take one step at a time. You would never be able to prove a reason why supporters boo anyone!

Racism is wrong no matter what, but come on, Racist chanting is much worse than booing a player because he is black which is in turn worse than just simply not liking people because they are black but not expressing it, its all racism, its all wrong but it exists and lets take one step at a time. You would never be able to prove a reason why supporters boo anyone!

screw you honky.

Racism don't bother me at all, it don't effect me so long as the person giving it can take it back when the chips are down. However what you are saying there is damn silly. Booing a player cos he is black is disgraceful.

Racism don't bother me at all, it don't effect me so long as the person giving it can take it back when the chips are down. However what you are saying there is damn silly. Booing a player cos he is black is disgraceful.

Where did I condone it? Once again, you read what you wanna read Rash. I said it was racism and wrong but how can you prove any booing is racially motivated? Monkey chants you can. I am CoE, if I boo Wayne Rooney at the a game is it because he is a Catholic or I think he is a pr*ck? How do you know either way?