You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are We Everton in Disguise

Red Nick

sorry if i sound ignorant as i have had one or two problems and am currently in Roses but WTF happened to our transfer dealings etc.

The Sambrosa transfer is mind blowing to say the least, it looks to me that we only bid what we did once the owen transfer was called off, there was no need to leave it to the last day, we could have kicked Owen out of the water a lot earlier and tried for Sambrosa and at least then we could have identified targets that we could have pursued

What about the CB its like were Everton making bids but not actually trying to bring them to conclusion.

I havent been upto date on things so if this is a knee jerk reaction i appologise in advance.

First of all were European Champions and clubs are looking for silly money

what could we do about Figo's decision - nothing

Milito stated a desire to move Zaragoza dug their heels in and in the end looked for silly money so the player had no choice but to resign

our number one targets for the last two pieces Rafa wanted stregthning we couldint get, other clubs get wind of these and look for silly money when we approach them cause they know were desperate and have money

id rather we be patient and get the right players at the right price

Nick, probably best to read through the old threads mate, not sure if people are gonna particularly want to go through it all again. that opinion has been given by some people before though.

Cheers mate i´ll catch up with everything next week, in the meantime we have what we have now until Jan

Cheers lads

We were only willing to pay around £10m for Owen, Madrid were always gonna stretch it to the last day to try and get more elsewhere. I still believe that if Michael had called their bluff at the last minute and turned Newcastle down then they'd have sold to us but it had to happen at the last minute. That basically fcuked up our last two weeks cause we didn't know how much we had to spend!

We were only willing to pay around £10m for Owen, Madrid were always gonna stretch it to the last day to try and get more elsewhere. I still believe that if Michael had called their bluff at the last minute and turned Newcastle down then they'd have sold to us but it had to happen at the last minute. That basically fcuked up our last two weeks cause we didn't know how much we had to spend!

Id go with that, I think Benitez and Parry also wanted some indication of Owens desire. Had he shown as much balls as he did in fluffing us around last season, he'd be in red by now. He didnt. And its his loss not ours. I also see ingerlund are to play a 4-5-1, can you see Owen being the 1 ? I cant, even if he plays every game and gets 20 in the prem for the Barcodes.

sorry if i sound ignorant as i have had one or two problems and am currently in Roses but WTF happened to our transfer dealings etc.

The Sambrosa transfer is mind blowing to say the least,

Wait... are you saying that you're a member of Guns 'N' Roses and you're upset because they want to replace you with the guy from Bon Jovi?