You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The absolutely dejected thread

Rashid

:wallbutt:

Sad, deflated, pissed off, I don't know what to think or feel. It's 1st September and my wedding anniversary and I can barely manage a smile.

Fuck this shit, back to the real fucking world. Parry and Moores - take a bow lads. The morning papers will be a nightmare.... Only our club can let us down like this after such a high.

:(

Sad, deflated, pissed off, I don't know what to think or feel. It's 1st September and my wedding anniversary and I can barely manage a smile.

Fuck this shit, back to the real fucking world. Parry and Moores - take a bow lads. The morning papers will be a nightmare.... Only our club can let us down like this after such a high.

FFS- you tool.

Try for once to be a bit positive about the situation. We will have money to spend in January, we haven't made any panic buys, we have a squad to challenge for all competitions and you might have sex today- things could be worse.

FFS- you tool.

Try for once to be a bit positive about the situation. We will have money to spend in January, we haven't made any panic buys, we have a squad to challenge for all competitions and you might have sex today- things could be worse.

I am off now mate.

Guest Brian Stewart

Not as bad as all that, Rash - we should get 4th place. But imho we have screwed up totally over the transfer window, and we will struggle to break into the top three. And first is where we want to be.

We'll do better than Newcastle, though. :whistle:

Portsmouth beat the deadline by only an hour to make their 4th signing in 2 days taking Senegal midfielder Salif Diao on loan from liverpool on a season long loan deal.

Big cheese Peter Storris said "Salif is a competetive midfield man and with his addition we now have a very competetive midfield".

Get real! I'm dissapointed by the clubs transfer acivity, but lets get a grip. Lets get behind the team and supoort LFC and not trophy players. You never win anything in the transfer window. Rafa, The Team & The Board are all accountable, but only at the end of the season, not now! so get behind the team and stop all this negativity bullshit!

Comparing the squad from last season to this season

We've shipped out

-Igor

-Vladdi

-Kirky (on loan, I know)

-Milan

-Pelle (hardly a regular last season)

-Nunez (Not quite our favourite)

-TLT (again hardly a regular last season)

We've got (apart from the youngsters)

-Momo

-Bolo

-Pepe

-Crouch

I think the first 3 are improvements. Crouch VS Baros....Well if you trust in Rafa's system then you'll have to see it as an improvement as well. We may be deflated because we haven't strengthen the most needed areas as we all know (CB and RM) but let's look at the positives and afterall I think we have improved our squad. :party:

Happy aniversary mate.

Cheers fella, going out tonight with the missus, I'll be a great laugh. Funny how footy takes over our lives...

You have to learn to take time out Rash. You seem to get seriously worked up over things, more so than anyone on this forum and anyone I know. At this rate you'll be keeling over at your keyboard in a couple of years. Try and chill a bit, and don't let it get to you so much.

Take up golf, or fishing, anything to give you a distraction and keep you sane!

And no footy talk whilst you're out with the missus, ok! Its yer anniversary, give the poor girl a break. She's already had to put up with a broken shed!

You have to learn to take time out Rash. You seem to get seriously worked up over things, more so than anyone on this forum and anyone I know. At this rate you'll be keeling over at your keyboard in a couple of years. Try and chill a bit, and don't let it get to you so much.

Take up golf, or fishing, anything to give you a distraction and keep you sane!

And no footy talk whilst you're out with the missus, ok! Its yer anniversary, give the poor girl a break. She's already had to put up with a broken shed!

Uncle Dave U.

I think that says more about your feelings toward your 'fit bird' wife and your priorities in life than anything.

Its footie Rashid, not life. The real world is families and wedding anniversaries, not trying to sign new footballers.

I think that says more about your feelings toward your 'fit bird' wife and your priorities in life than anything.

Its footie Rashid, not life. The real world is families and wedding anniversaries, not trying to sign new footballers.

Yeah I know all that fella.... just been engrossed with footy lately and signings.

Yeah I know all that fella.... just been engrossed with footy lately and signings.

Well like Ive always said Rash , I know your heart is is the right place.

But its just the end of our opportunity to get someone for a few months. The world isnt ending, and we've still added to the squad.

Chill out Rash, you've started some weird threads lately "I feel like topping myself" etc. Football is a massive part of my life, im obsessed with it, im not afraid to say that but bloody hell calm down. We're still here and we are still European Champions with a lot of things going for us. There are clubs around the country literally scraping pennies off the floor to pay a players wage while we are moaning that we wouldnt increased a £12m bid to £13.6m. Although we might not of had the summer we would of liked we are still moving in the right direction with a pretty good young team, Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso, Cisse, Crouch (Yes Crouch), Reina, Gonzalez hopefully soon and we've got the young veterans like Finnan, Carra, etc and lets not forget the manager. We'll be fine.

Jeez, the signing of Harry Kewell made everyone ecstatic only two years ago, has that signing lived up to its billing? We have improved the team from last season and we are European Champions, why the misery? I have seriously never been happier as a Liverpool fan, I can't explain how great it is to go to matches and sing with joy again rather than as a chore, fcukin brilliant it is!

Under Houllier so many people were slagging him for sticking to his sh*t buys like Cheyrou rather than give the kids a go. Rafa comes in and the cry is for some new faces cause the kids aren't good enough........get real, is making no signings in the last few weeks of the window that bad? Is not signing Michael Owen who quite clearly doesn't love our club that bad? No, it isn't, we are moving forward under Rafa, get behind him, the team and lets enjoy this season, we have so much to look forward to.

As for Dave's advice, he is spot on Rash, chill out. I stopped getting p*ssed off as much as you are when I was 17! Thats not a dig, just that I realised no matter how much I love Liverpool Fc, football is only a game and is not worth affecting my moods and relationships with the people around me.