You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He's gone to the Geordies!!!!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"In a twist, Owen's Newcastle deal has a get-out clause for £12m next summer, which could result in him belatedly returning to Anfield in a year"

Are Newcastle effing stupid?

We would be if we ever went near the player again. He's not ambitious enough to play for Liverpool.

There seems to be a lot of hysteria on here.

I'd have welcomed him back, but not at the expense of Cisse. Quite frankly, Original 202 wins the award for most sensible level-headed post on here. One player can't rescue a club with a perpetual soft underbelly, and if he doesn't start scoring quickly he'll become a scapegoat, and confidence is already in very short supply there.

So other sets of fans are laughing at us? Who cares - even if we could afford £16 mill we were right to tell Madrid to fuck themselves. Yes, and they were having a laugh at us in the CL - until we won it. I suspect the fans of most other clubs aren't going to be laughing at us come the end of the season, because with the team we already have, and players to come back from injury and suspension, we have a pretty formidable team. Nobody can match us in the centre of the park, and our defence is one of the strongest around. Yes, the forward line needs some improvement, but Crouch and Cisse were developing a nice little understanding before the lanky one's injury.

So, we've got Zenden on a free and are bidding £1.5 mill for Solano. Poor little us.

So let's get a bit of perspective. Zenden has been signed as cover for the left wing and can do a job in the centre if necessary. Kewell is likely to start on the left if fully-fit, and if he gets motivated is an excellent player (although I'd have shipped him out the manager clearly has some faith in him). We HAD secured Gonzales until the DOE intervened, and we are likely to secure his signing next year.

We have made a number of substantial bids for central defenders, which have been rejected, and we tried to sign Figo, but greed overcame him. Solano may only be a temporary measure, but he will improve the squad at RM as he's better in that position than any player we already have, and it means that we will retain our money for when a better player becomes available (as there isn't anyone at the moment - and anyone saying Andy VdM will be taken outside and executed).

So, frustrating -yes, disaster - no. We are in good shape, and if we all just lay off the hysteria and let things unfold I believe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

:party:

I can imagine our great captain will start whining after this

Well thats the great unspoken worry. That Gerrard will now see it as us not fulfilling his ambition.

For all reasons why Im not botheres, the press are going to have a field day with erports like that 05 Milan. Just what we need to whip Rash up into a frenzy.

Prasied be to my god that i am a Liverpool fan

those toon army fans going nuts over a player who basically has told them there his second choice

the pictures are unbelievable how could so many of them be so stupid and thick.

So lets get a grip and never end up being idiots like them

There seems to be a lot of hysteria on here.

I'd have welcomed him back, but not at the expense of Cisse. Quite frankly, Original 202 wins the award for most sensible level-headed post on here. One player can't rescue a club with a perpetual soft underbelly, and if he doesn't start scoring quickly he'll become a scapegoat, and confidence is already in very short supply there.

So other sets of fans are laughing at us? Who cares - even if we could afford £16 mill we were right to tell Madrid to fuck themselves. Yes, and they were having a laugh at us in the CL - until we won it. I suspect the fans of most other clubs aren't going to be laughing at us come the end of the season, because with the team we already have, and players to come back from injury and suspension, we have a pretty formidable team. Nobody can match us in the centre of the park, and our defence is one of the strongest around. Yes, the forward line needs some improvement, but Crouch and Cisse were developing a nice little understanding before the lanky one's injury.

So, we've got Zenden on a free and are bidding £1.5 mill for Solano. Poor little us.

So let's get a bit of perspective. Zenden has been signed as cover for the left wing and can do a job in the centre if necessary. Kewell is likely to start on the left if fully-fit, and if he gets motivated is an excellent player (although I'd have shipped him out the manager clearly has some faith in him). We HAD secured Gonzales until the DOE intervened, and we are likely to secure his signing next year.

We have made a number of substantial bids for central defenders, which have been rejected, and we tried to sign Figo, but greed overcame him. Solano may only be a temporary measure, but he will improve the squad at RM as he's better in that position than any player we already have, and it means that we will retain our money for when a better player becomes available (as there isn't anyone at the moment - and anyone saying Andy VdM will be taken outside and executed).

So, frustrating -yes, disaster - no. We are in good shape, and if we all just lay off the hysteria and let things unfold I believe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

:party:

finally, some sense. after years of being ripped off & squandering the family silver, we've had a summer where we haven't been taken for a ride, haven't spent stupidly, and consequently we've got money in the bank for when someone great becomes available. I'm disappointed too, like many on here, but we do need to get a bit of perspective lads.

Newcastle to finish mid-table and england not to qualify for the world cup, how funny would that be?!!

put aside all the hysteria etc what it comes down is that Owen placed his England ambitions over a move to Liverpool, simple as that really, if he wanted to come to us he could have held out told Madrid he was only coming to us, at worse he would have had to wait until January. Does he want to play for Liverpool? no, do i want him then? no thanks.

I think he was so desperate that he would have picked any Premiership club. Serves him right for going in the first place. Why did he go to Madrid? Did he honestly think he would get in ahead of Raul and Ronaldo. He was at least 3rd choice when he arrived. He'll be gone from Newcastle by the end of the season.

Rafa's going to be for it when Gerrard gets back from England duty next week.

I've no doubt Stevie will call Rafa into his office straight away and give him a right dressing down.

I mean, Stevie left his transfer targets with Rafa when he went off to England and he couldn't even sort them......

It'll be book-down-the-back-of-your-pants time for Rafa!

finally, some sense. after years of being ripped off & squandering the family silver, we've had a summer where we haven't been taken for a ride, haven't spent stupidly, and consequently we've got money in the bank for when someone great becomes available. I'm disappointed too, like many on here, but we do need to get a bit of perspective lads.

Well said. A sane voice amidst lunacy. Jeez, talk about overreaction.