You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would A Rafa Benitez Newcastle

Red Nick

wipe the floor with Liverpool FC

Just thinking about that today

----------------GIVEN-----------------

CARR------BOOMSONG--------TAYLOR-----BABA

-----------PARKER----------EMRE---------------

MILNER/BOWYER------DYER---------------LUQUE

---------------------SHEARER-------------------

Theres a lot to be said that there squad is on a par with ours, probably cant match us in the defensive stakes though

Theres a lot to be said that there squad is on a par with ours, probably cant match us in the defensive stakes though

Nick, are you suggesting Parker, Dyer and Emre are as good as Alonso, Gerrard and Momo? They have Luque and Shearer who would get into our side. The rest would struggle to start for Liverpool.

I think Newcastle are woeful, really woeful.

Given hasnt looked as good in the last year or so, still good though.

Carr is fat and a shadow of what he was about 5 years ago

Boumsong proved today he isnt a top level centre back.

Taylor looks a very good prospect

Babayaro is utter shit

Bowyer or Milner are both cack

Parker looks great

Emre is no better than decent imo

Dyer is never fit

Luque will struggle in England imo

Most Geordies are already saying Shearer is finished.

Luque maybe, the rest nah. Including Shearer, he's past it and wouldn't get away with half of the elbows etc playing for us.

Besides, Emre is a circus midget and should be getting shot out of a cannon not playing footy.

Newcastle aren't a bad side on paper. Their problem is that they've had a succession of managers who, for one reason or another, just can't get the best out of them.

The premise of this thread is a bit demented though, I have to say.

What about this line then then?

Point taken but i dont think there players are as bad as some of you think, i just think there badly coached they certainly shouldnt be 19th in the prem.

lets put it another way if Souness coached the Liverpool team id put my house on Rafa's newcastle

I think a rafa newcastle would beat the shit out of a souness liverpool without a doubt. Souness just seems to enjoy imposing himself on a club, demotivating players, causing in fighting, buying shit and selling quality (if they have the slightest attitute problem).

If rafa was in charge of both clubs liverpool would win hands down, we have way too much quality (unless josemi is in the team, we'd be guaranteed to lose at least one goal).

Thats a point, anyone know how many clean sheets we've kept when he's been playing to how many when he's not?