You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lord Frodsham

Rashid

To the people saying that we should trust in Rafa's "plan", please give me one reason why Morientes deserves to be here and Cisse doesn't?

It looks to me like Rafa playing favourites, and I don't like it.

The one good reason is that despite his form he is a player Rafa has chosen and one whose profile fits what Rafa wants. Whether Cisse does time will tell.

Also to those who keep going on about the games Cisse has had to prove himself this isn't the only area on which decisions are made - Rafa sees him every day in training so will know better than anyone Cisses attributes.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so should we sack him and let the fans pick the team?

Well I don't think its Rafa that wants MO - seems he doesn't want Cisse either, its the inconsistency thats pissing me off.

Still, we only exist to provide training facilities for monty burns - any sign of us taking Faria Alam on to the payroll as well ? :whistle:

Guest big wayne
144 replies in less than 3 hours? The Rash never loses his touch. ;)

its only cos i dropped in for a guest appearance there was so mant replys ;)

As I have already posted on many other meaasge boards I would be gutted if Cisse was sold in order to bring MO back to Liverpool. Cisse has always been open about how much he loves being a Liverpool player and about the fact that he doesn't want to leave. After his injuries and triuble with playing on the right due to us not having a RW I believe the club owes Cisse the chance to play up front for us and score 20 league goals. Something that MO has never done, a player that for whatever reasons decided he would rather play for another club other than LFC.

Guest big wayne
Well I don't think its Rafa that wants MO - seems he doesn't want Cisse either, its the inconsistency thats pissing me off.

Still, we only exist to provide training facilities for monty burns - any sign of us taking Faria Alam on to the payroll as well ? :whistle:

i can tell you now Rafa wants him

Benitz has never used 2 player up front until he came to Liverpool. One holding player. Attacking midfielders get the goals. His hand is being forced. I don't think he wants to sign Owen the board do.

He played the magician Aimar as a link man, at Liverpool he has a totally different type of player in Gerrard doing that. We need to get Garcia in there doing the Aimar role and allow Stevie to play where he prefers, centre of midfield.

Because Parry told him he should ?

I don't believe that one, at all. I am a cynical fucker at times but I'm not buying that. It's a tad too conspiracy theorist for me. I have doubts about Owen's attitude and with the way he left. However, if you take his goalscoring ability, why wouldn't Rafa want him?

I don't believe that one, at all. I am a cynical fucker at times but I'm not buying that. It's a tad too conspiracy theorist for me. I have doubts about Owen's attitude and with the way he left. However, if you take his goalscoring ability, why wouldn't Rafa want him?

Because he doesn't want us hitting hopeful balls forward for MO to chase after like the andrex puppy ?? similar reasons to why he doesn't want Cisse, neither of em have the quality of first touch Rafa wants and they don't bring other players in effectively.

My admittedly cynical take on it is that MO is required by the board for marketing and merchandising reasons as much as his on-field abilities. Its little girls that are choosing our future line-up.

He played the magician Aimar as a link man, at Liverpool he has a totally different type of player in Gerrard doing that. We need to get Garcia in there doing the Aimar role and allow Stevie to play where he prefers, centre of midfield.

the problem being that Alonso-Sissoko-Gerrard are probably are best 3 players at the minute and Garcia is below that form at present

Because he doesn't want us hitting hopeful balls forward for MO to chase after like the andrex puppy ?? similar reasons to why he doesn't want Cisse, neither of em have the quality of first touch Rafa wants and they don't bring other players in effectively.

My admittedly cynical take on it is that MO is required by the board for marketing and merchandising reasons as much as his on-field abilities. Its little girls that are choosing our future line-up.

Michael Owen won't bring in anywhere near enough money through merchandising to make that viable.

His appeal isn't that great.

Oh Bollocks. When have you seen him play?

Don't lie come on, seriously expand on that comment.

Comments like he's not a natural finisher and he just thrashes the ball show a complete lack of knowledge on him. Watch his goals scored at Auxerre and you'll see a whole range of goals from thunderbolts to tap ins to slide rule passes into the net (even a few overhead kicks if thats what you like).

When have I seen him play?

the wonders of the magic box of sprites in the corner of the room that beams moving lights and sounds into the home.

Modern technology, aint it great.

It strikes me that there's an awful lot of hand-wringing going on here over what is still a tabloid rumour. However, even if it does prove to be correct, I think Rafa has earned the right to take tough decisions like these and be trusted by the fans to get them right. At the very least, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I said months ago, when we all discussing how vital a huge clearout was going to be, that nothing would surprise me as far as transfers are concerned. Rafa is the ultimate pragmatist and I believe that, with only a couple of exceptions (Carra, Xabi and Gerrard now he's committed himself to the club) he would sacrifice any player to turn the squad around. Sentiment has no bearing whatsoever on his decision-making. Therefore, if this is true and Cisse is going, it will be because he wants a significant sum of money to spend on other areas of the team. I certainly don't think it'll be to fund Owen's arrival as the delays over that seem to be centred around us paying back Real for the original stitch up and ensuring we get him back for the peanuts they got him for.

On the footballing side of things, I'd be very sorry to see Cisse leave as I think he could really be a great player for us. However, it is clear that our three current senior strikers all have big question marks hanging over them and I think it would be crazy to go into this campaign for the title, and in Europe, without someone who is fit, in form and acclimatised to both the club and the league playing up front for us. That player is Owen and I think we have to have him back.

I sincerely hope we don't lose Cisse, but I don't think his departure would have anything to do with funding an Owen bid; much more likely to fund a quality RM.

Oh Bollocks. When have you seen him play?

Don't lie come on, seriously expand on that comment.

Like others I've watched him for about 3 years and he's not yet shown his true form. In full flow he's a joy to behold.

Do remember, Roux played to Cisse's strengths but so did Houllier to Owen. It remains to be seen how Owen will perform and fit-in to Benitez' team.

In truth, I don't think either are suited to Rafa's system - but Kuyt is.

That's my take too. But I suspect he was prepared to give Cisse a season once cup-tied. Things changed when Robinnho and Baptista joined Madrid, and it speaks volumes that Rafa isn't as forthcoming as Owen or Parry.

I think the reason Rafa isn't as forthcoming as Owen or Parry is that he knows how to play Real when his hand isn't being pressed, as it was when Owen left.

I really like Cisse as a player. I think he'd develop into a great striker for us, and would love him to stay, but what has come out over the last few days seems to indicate otherwise.

However, when we say Owen couldn't play as one up front, it ignores the slide-rule passing from Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. And is having 4-5-1 really having one up front when you consider the support from midfield?

However, when we say Owen couldn't play as one up front, it ignores the slide-rule passing from Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. And is having 4-5-1 really having one up front when you consider the support from midfield?

To be effective Owen needs a strike partner, if not for the psychical presence to be of diversionary use to buy himself time and apace.

Anyway, where's this Times interview Rashid spoke of hearing on Talkshite? Let me guess.... it was bullplop?

To be effective Owen needs a strike partner, if not for the psychical presence to be of diversionary use to buy himself time and apace.

Anyway, where's this Times interview Rashid spoke of hearing on Talkshite? Let me guess.... it was bullplop?

It was an article by Owen's ghostwriter Matt Dickenson more or less saying that Owen will move on Monday to Liverpool and Newcastle have no chance of getting him. Also said that Cisse will probably sold against the players wishes.

It was an article by Owen's ghostwriter Matt Dickenson more or less saying that Owen will move on Monday to Liverpool and Newcastle have no chance of getting him. Also said that Cisse will probably sold against the players wishes.

Thing is Rash, The Times (as you have said) is Owen's newspaper.

Sorry for being cynical here, but you have to wonder whether all the papers "Owen to return/Cisse to leave" exclusives are coming from Owen and SFX with the aim of forcing the club into a deal and unsettling Cisse to seal it in the process.