You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring em on...

dave u

Think we can take 4 points from Betis, and 6 from Anderlecht, and that is enough to get us through, think that the Chelsea games will be draws, although an Anfield atmosphere like last season might bring us the win at home. Gut reaction was fuck, but am starting to feel more positive aboit it now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't even thought of that. Now I'm really pissed off. No doubt so are many thousands of ladies on Merseyside.

Merseyside? Half the country is devastated and the other half is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Oh f'ing great!

Been in a meeting during the draw just caught up. Chelsea :wallbutt:

Oh that's not fixed is it?

Grrr

Betis away will be hard, but we'll beat them at home. We need to win home and away over Anderlecht, and then I'll take a draw at Chelsea and win at Anfield. Easy really!

If both us and Chelsea win 3 of our 4 games against Betis & Anderlecht we're both through surely? Then we get to play each for the previledge of being drawn against the Mancs in the next round presumably :angry:

Anyone got any good pics of Jim Bowen and Bullseye? I'm seriously considering that "Let's take a look at what you could've won" banner.

Can we stop with the talk of a fix. We sound like The Bitters. Weren't we in the so-called Group of Death last season? And now we are European Champions.

Chelsea hold no fear for us, given the way we have played against them. Anderlecht should be beaten. And Rashid will finally get to see the player he's fixated with in the flesh!

Still, he managed to not mention Lampard.

Why the fuck did he have to say Chelsea have "a special manager"? Mourinho acted like a twat towards us last season. He's our club captain. What good does that do Liverpool?

Stevie should keep his mouth shut a bit more. Really doesn't do himself any favours sometimses.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4182054.stm

Champions League holders Liverpool and favourites Chelsea

Am I just being paranoid but who says Chelsea are favourites?

As for Stevie G his comments about "us" getting through were the most disturbing. The only "us" I want to see get through is LFC.

But we do rather over analyse our Captain's comments.

Which is what I've just done...d'oh!

Someone elsewhere mentioned he sounded sarcy when he said it, should be on SSN

I saw it and there was nothing sarcy about it. If it was sarcy he'd have said the word 'special' in a different tone. He never, he just said they've got a special manager in the same tone. If he meant it in a sarcy way, fair play to him but he should have made it obvious, like doing those inverted commas with his fingers while he said it, that would have made it clear!

More worryingly, I was told he did another interview and was asked about playing tomorrow night. He's meant to have said if there's any doubt he won't risk it as it isn't an important game and that there are big internationals coming up.

In the words of the great Booker T: "He didn't say that. Tell me he didn't just say that?"

More worryingly, I was told he did another interview and was asked about playing tomorrow night. He's meant to have said if there's any doubt he won't risk it as it isn't an important game and that there are big internationals coming up.

In the words of the great Booker T: "He didn't say that. Tell me he didn't just say that?"

Good to see his PR skills are improving no end...anyway if Gerrard doesn't play on Friday, that'll probably mean Carra will get to lift the trophy if we win :yes: