You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ashes

bri

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cricket is not a sport. Any event which has fat people in it, when there is no advantage to be gained from being fat, such as sumo wrestling, is not a sport. Cricket has fat people in it who are only fat because they booze and can't be arsed training.

Darts in not a sport. It's a game. Snooker is not a sport. It's a game. Football is not a game.

Cricket is not a sport. Any event which has fat people in it, when there is no advantage to be gained from being fat, such as sumo wrestling, is not a sport. Cricket has fat people in it who are only fat because they booze and can't be arsed training.

Darts in not a sport. It's a game. Snooker is not a sport. It's a game. Football is not a game.

I bet your one of those blokes who loves really fat birds aren't you skeet? Your defiance is soo tell-tale! ;)

Maybe we should buy Gillespie a new caravan and get him to take Gilchrist with him.

Norty, you know how hurtful that is too poor ol Dizzy.

It's a shame SGE doesn't take note of what a youthful hungry team can do rather than clinging to Captain Becks.

PS, Despite the win I'd drop Ian Bell if he doesn't start digging in soon.

Message to the Paddies and Norgies, if you don't like cricket then please ignore it, after all you don't hear us limeys whingeing about hurling, gaelic football and snow related shite.

I've been a cricket fan since I was a kid and I've watched defeat after defeat watching the England team. Now after years of suffering, I'm watching the world's best bowling attack (England) take the piss out of our nemisis. Psychologically we have found it extremely difficult to get over the line in all the matches we have played against the Aussies, but that is the hold they have over us. We are dominant and in compete control, but because we are playing the Aussies we always have a mountain to climb even when we are well on top. They are an aging team and without Warne and McGrath I see nothing to fear.

A question for the cricket fans, Gerraint Jones or Chris Read? For me it's Jones all way, despite the fumbles, the runs he can contribute get my backing.

A question for the cricket fans, Gerraint Jones or Chris Read? For me it's Jones all way, despite the fumbles, the runs he can contribute get my backing.

Chris Read, only this week the Aussie head of our academy was bigging him up. But I'm more concerned about Bell and his inability to link the openers and the two middle order big hitters. Be tempted to give Collingwood a shout.

But as we won best maintaining team spirit with an unchanged side - should Jones be fit.

Chris Read, only this week the Aussie head of our academy was bigging him up. But I'm more concerned about Bell and his inability to link the openers and the two middle order big hitters. Be tempted to give Collingwood a shout.

But as we won best maintaining team spirit with an unchanged side - should Jones be fit.

I agree about Collingwood deserving his chance cochaer, and also about the fact that sticking with a a winnining team is the right thing to do. I'd deffo go with Jones over Read though, I think he contributes more to our results than Read would.

Gotta love watching bleached blonde knobs get the treatment from our quicks.

Gotta love watching bleached blonde knobs get the treatment from our quicks.

Even better reading the Aussie press as they wheel out accusations of ball-tampering, homer refs and 'super subs'.

But in truth it's an aged squad and the marathon might be too much for them. Still be glad when Warne finally retires.

only other time I took any sort of interest in the england cricket team was when they played south africa in 1998 was it ? ever since then not took one iota of interest but this ashes series has been fantastic and the last 15 runs were nailbiting stuff I felt as nervous as I do with football ,edge of the stuff for me ,cracking stuff it was and anyone who didn't think so must not have watched it .