You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sylvain Distin

Rashid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a lot of time of the Distin fella and half to agree with Rashid, he is quick.

I think if he was part of a defence unit like Liverpool's head stand out much than at city. Let's face it, they're not a team that have been known to defend and himself and Richie Dunne - who I'd rate fairly highly as well are often made to look bad by the exposure they get as a result of a lack of defense in front and around them.

That make sense ?

He'd be a luke warm signing though :$

Distin will stay, insists Pearce

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce says Sylvain Distin is not for sale, after he was linked with a move to Liverpool.

Pearce said he was looking to buy and not sell, with Bolton's Stelios Giannakopoulos and possibly Norwich's Dean Ashton on his wanted list.

"Sylvain is not going anywhere, he is staying at Manchester City," he said.

"We have still got an offer in on Stelios and we are waiting for a reply. I've no axe to grind with Bolton. How they react is their business."

Distin, 27, was the subject of a £5m bid from Newcastle six months ago, but Pearce said the only planned transfer activity at the club would be incoming.

He said he hoped to make some signings before the transfer window shuts, but would not be making any panic buys.

"I would like to bring two or three new players in before the deadline but if we don't, we will look at the next deadline and then the one after that," said Pearce.

Am I taking crazy pills here, or are the exact same people who've spent the whole fucking summer whining about every single player we've either bought or been linked with now throwing their weight behind Sylvain Distin?

*Exhales* *Shakes head* *Exhales again*

No different to everyone who has thrown their weight behind the likes of Crouch and STelios not rating him.

And for the record I had nothing against us signing Reina, Sissoko, Zenden. Did/do have something against us signing Crouch, Stelios. Was unsure but could live with the idea of Solano.

No different to everyone who has thrown their weight behind the likes of Crouch and STelios not rating him.

And for the record I had nothing against us signing Reina, Sissoko, Zenden. Did/do have something against us signing Crouch, Stelios. Was unsure but could live with the idea of Solano.

I have no problem with decent players like Reina or Sissoko, or OK squad players like Zenden. But I do have something against utter horse shit like Crouch and Stelios. Solano? Not overwhelmed but not the end of the world if we got him. Distin would fall into the Zenden category of OK and decent player. Rafa has lowered my expectations of players 10 fold. Players I used to think are shit are now looking half decent.

Incidentally my sister last night told me one of her old uni mates is now going out with Crouch. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, the lad is haunting me.

We must really be getting desperate if we've turned to Distin and Stelios. I mean, I wasn't entirely convinced by Milito, so we're really scraping the barrel now.

That said, I doubt if there's actually any truth in this as we're being linked with all everybody at the moment.