You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Warnocks signed new 2 year contract

lfclad_4eva

I think this is a great reward for his solid performances at the start of this 2005/2006 season and he is a great young talent, what do you think of him? I would also like to mention josemi's performace last night in center defence and is he to be the new cover for carra and sammi and will this mean we do not need to buy a new center back which would leave the funds to bring back Michael owen and a right winger?

I didn't think Warnock would make it but he improves with each first team game.

Josemi did play well and also did well for the ressies in the mini derby after being brought on as sub at centre half. I still think we need to sign someone in that position, but it adds strength in depth knowing that he can play there.

I was wrong about Josemi, thought he would be worse at centrehalf than he is a rightback but he's actually a much better player. I admire his aggressive style and for his size he was rarely beaten, his pace at centrehalf is something I've not seen at Liverpool since Henchoz (hmm)

Josemi was shit last night in the first half. The only reason people think he was OK is because he wasn't as appalling as usual. He was at fault for the goal, he was caught miles out of position on at least three occasions and was completely unaware of anyone around him. Just because they didn't exploit his lack of talent doesn't mean he had some.

As for the second half, he looked good because he didn't have to do anything other than pass it forward - but he nearly fucked that up twice by firing the ball far too hard at people when they had an opponent breathing down their neck.

He is wank.

Whitbread is the far, far better option. Josemi just doesn't look like a footballer. His first couple of performances for us must have been a blip.

Al, we're almost on the same wavelength about Tossemi (Ooh, that was almost Rash-esque), so don't go perpetuating the "Good for his first couple of games" myth, mate. All he did was clatter a few people in the tackle on the back of Rafa's Carra comparison and then everyone thought we had Tommy Smith back in a new body. He's shite.

Al, we're almost on the same wavelength about Tossemi (Ooh, that was almost Rash-esque), so don't go perpetuating the "Good for his first couple of games" myth, mate. All he did was clatter a few people in the tackle on the back of Rafa's Carra comparison and then everyone thought we had Tommy Smith back in a new body. He's shite.

I thought Josemi had a good game - far better than I expected.The real weakness in our defence was the Sami/Warnock side.

I think it may be that you're falling into the "Traore Trap" which you accuse other posters of falling into - making your mind up too soon and viewing everything in that light.

I don't particularly rate Josemi but I'm not ready to accept that he's shit yet.

I thought Josemi had a good game - far better than I expected.The real weakness in our defence was the Sami/Warnock side.

I think it may be that you're falling into the "Traore Trap" which you accuse other posters of falling into - making your mind up too soon and viewing everything in that light.

I don't particularly rate Josemi but I'm not ready to accept that he's shit yet.

I think Rashid has stolen Pauls log in on this thread. Not sure how Josemi was to blame for there goal? I also thought Josemi played O.K . How about Josemi and Traore as centre backs ;) !

WARNOCK DELIGHTED WITH NEW DEAL

Paul Eaton 24 August 2005

Stephen Warnock today spoke of his delight after signing a new two year deal at Anfield.

Warnock put pen to paper on his new contract after last night's clash with CSKA Sofia as he committed his future to the club until 2008.

"Coming into this season I only had one year left and you never know which way it is going to go," he told Liverpoolfc.tv today. "I wanted to come back, work as hard as I could and try to force my way into the team. I've done that so far and just want it to continue now.

"The new contract is a weight off my mind. It was something I was conscious of and something I knew needed to be sorted and thankfully it has worked out for me.

"After the Middlesbrough game the manager took me to one side and told me he wanted my agent to meet up with Rick Parry because he was happy with the way things are going. My agent had a meeting yesterday morning and the negotiations were very easy. It was all sorted on the same day and I asked if I could sign it as soon as possible. The contract was drawn up during the afternoon and I signed it after the game.

"It's great to know that the manager wants me here. I've had a couple of confidence boosters recently with winning a place in the team and now this new contract.

"This is where I want to be and to sign a new contract for the European Champions is massive for me."

Warnock will get an England call up next time. To come back from his injuries, get past GH nearly kicking him out etc. Then being fucked up in last season's CL final. Warnock must be congratulated.

Wasn't GH also the guy that gave him a new contract after he broke both his legs?