You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gonzalez work permit

Mark P

Parry - "Our chase to sign Mark Gonzalez is over for the time being. We were surprised when our application for a work permit was turned down."

Now, is it me, or don't other clubs usually launch immediate (successful) appeals and kick up a fuss, etc?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i believe so. The first application is in writing (and often fails), then they appeal and have a hearing (often succesful). If i understood the article about the hearing last week correctly they refused to hear what parry etc. had to say tho'.

sometimes LFC really do fucking annoy me

Other clubs wouldnt take it up the ass like this, if it was manutd they would make sure they got the work permit end of story

i am really fed up of our accept it attiude and dont rock the boat attitude, if he's the player Rafa really wants then we should make it happen.

Lets stop being the nice guys who are easy to fuck over and make sure we get what we want and what is right for our football club

sometimes LFC really do fucking annoy me

Other clubs wouldnt take it up the ass like this, if it was manutd they would make sure they got the work permit end of story

i am really fed up of our accept it attiude and dont rock the boat attitude, if he's the player Rafa really wants then we should make it happen.

Lets stop being the nice guys who are easy to fuck over and make sure we get what we want and what is right for our football club

It especially annoys me when you look at Scotland - their league is shit, their national team is shit, and yet the teams are allowed to be full of 8th rate eastern europeans. There are even shite foreigners in the English 2nd and 3rd divisions too. Yet the European Champions bringing in an international who's non-european isn't allowed. I guess that's the law for you.

and what about all the deadbeats who are allowed in and go straight onto benefits and contribute fuck all to the country.

Gonzalez would have been paying a shit load of taxes.

If the DOE can show us a better English alternative than Gonzalez (and don't give me the hugely over-rated Downing as an example) then fair enough. If they can't, then they should grant the permit. *

* wonders if by saturday night that comment about Downing will come back to bite me in the arse

Guest Dancing Dave
and what about all the deadbeats who are allowed in and go straight onto benefits and contribute fuck all to the country.

Yeh but,you're a nice bloke Dave...... :whistle:

That's the point though isn't it Dave, he's coming over here to pay about £4k a week in tax! He's not going to cause any agro by thieving or making false dole claims so what is the damn problem?

Ha, just got a fucking well funny image of Gonzalez down the dole office after a man of the match performance in a big match.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

"No"

"Oh well, have you been looking for work in the last fortnight?"

Parry - "Our chase to sign Mark Gonzalez is over for the time being. We were surprised when our application for a work permit was turned down."

Now, is it me, or don't other clubs usually launch immediate (successful) appeals and kick up a fuss, etc?

http://www.fifa.com/en/organisation/confederations/associationdetails/0,1483,CHI,00.html?countrycode=CHI

SHows us that Chile play Peru on Saturday, while Austria (1 ahead) play Scotland and Zambia (two ahead) play Senegal.

So they could theoretically jump into the top 20 by Saturday night. The only problem is that they only do the rankings once a month, and theyve done them for this month. (Yesterday)

So no chance till January then.

He should say that he left Chile because he advocated a terrorist campaign and he'd like to do the same here - this government would usher him in and then issue a press statement about how they're looking into ways to deport him.

Guest Kaelin

DISGRACE!!

Someone can stand in the middle of a road preachin about "Killing the Westen Infidels" and recieve all sorts of benifits, yet we cant bring in a player !!! somthin is definetly fucking wrong there !!

I agree with the original post - we seem too willing to offer our rump as a club when something like this happens - the same with fixture setting and the debacle of having to start from scratch in this year's CL.

It's all very well being dignified and acting with decorum, but it certainly seems like Parry and Moores could throw their weight around more in cases like this.

i fail to see any logic behind this at all, especially if it is true that parry was not allowed to say anything at the appeal.

Look at the players such as Leitao (i hope he's the one at walsall that i'm thinking of and he's brazilian not portuguese as that would really fuck up my point) and Junior (same applies to him, Derby is it?).

Are the DoE stating that these players are better standard than Gonzales because Brazil are better than Chile? What about when Kinkladze came over to play for city, no-one knew him, Georgia were shit but he was allowed. its all proper hypocrasy and beuarocracy. its shite.