You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racists

Stouffer

Anyone else hear racist chanting against Cisse, absolute disgrace. Bet UEFA do nowt! :no

I mentioned it in the other thread -I heard it as well.thing is tho ,they had a couple of black players as well and to be honest ,up to the point when lord F kicked the billboards ,i didn't really notice it .at first I thought they were booing him ,now I'm not sure

Guest Gazmo25
I mentioned it in the other thread -I heard it as well.thing is tho ,they had a couple of black players as well and to be honest ,up to the point when lord F kicked the billboards ,i didn't really notice it .at first I thought they were booing him ,now I'm not sure

I thought that in all honesty Gav, thought they were booing him because of the little set two he had with a couple of their players. UEFA will do nothing though, think of the stick Heskey has taken in these backwaters over the years and they won't do a fucking thing.

Didn't here anything when Momo was on the ball, think that it was just aimed at Cisse, it is all fair and well to boo a player if you feel he has 'cheated' your team, but monket noises are beyond the pale and UEFA should throw the book at them, but they are such a bunch of fucking inept cowards they will do fuck all.

From sportlinglife.com;

UEFA TO REPORT CSKA RACISM

Liverpool have been told by UEFA delegate Trygve Borno that he will include in his report the incidents of racial abuse suffered by Djibril Cisse in the Champions League clash against CSKA Sofia.

The Norwegian delegate made a point of telling Liverpool secretary Bryce Morrison that he was concerned enough by the constant monkey noises from the CSKA fans that he will report the Bulgarian club to UEFA.

And Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said after his side's 3-1 victory had been marred by the abuse suffered by goalscorer Cisse: "Always it is a pity to hear such things, but the UEFA official has heard and it has gone in his report.

"The atmosphere in terms of support was good in the ground, but the monkey noises are a pity. We must learn and not do it because it is really bad for football. The UEFA officials have done the report."

On a claim from a Bulgarian journalist that Cisse provoked the crowd, Benitez said: "That is stupid. To score goals is not to provoke the fans."

Liverpool press officer Ian Cotton confirmed: "The UEFA official has told our secretary Bryce Morrison that he has heard the monkey noises and he will include that in his report."

Guest john billo
Uefa will report it. It'll be a slap on the risk like always. Doubt they will have to play close doors!

I was at the game, only just got back, although there was a section of their support making racist type boos at cisse i must add a more disturbing aspect. i heard more racist comments coming from our own supporters than from anywhere else in the ground. who are we to say uefa should ban them? we are getting as bad as the bitter blues on our own terraces!

I was at the game, only just got back, although there was a section of their support making racist type boos at cisse i must add a more disturbing aspect. i heard more racist comments coming from our own supporters than from anywhere else in the ground. who are we to say uefa should ban them? we are getting as bad as the bitter blues on our own terraces!

What kind of racist comments?

My brother and my cousin were both present at the game. Iv'e spoken to them both and they say you are full of shit lad.

When I went away with Liverpool to Barcelona the racism coming from our own fans was horrendous.

That'll be because the majority of people in the country are racist Rashid.

Whether it be national front and monkey chanting or ill thought out opinions on other races it's widespread.

It's not a football problem it's a societal problem, it's just that at the football they can meld into a crowd and actions are far less acountable.

added to the fact that trips to Barcelona bring out the scum element. I went there twice, and it was embarrassing the way some of our support carried on. It isn't like that on normal Euro aways, but the 'glamour' ties like that bring out the undesrirables.

added to the fact that trips to Barcelona bring out the scum element. I went there twice, and it was embarrassing the way some of our support carried on. It isn't like that on normal Euro aways, but the 'glamour' ties like that bring out the undesrirables.

I got the impression of you being drunk from that last bit :D

To go to football and expect even 80% of the crowd to be of a non-racist persuasion is ambitious. The difference is they usually keep it to themselves unless the atmosphere encourages it.

The fines handed out by the authorities to clamp down are a joke really though.

Fine to Mourinho for tapping up: £200,000

Fine to Aragones for "Black shit" comment: About £450 if i remember correctly.

What kind of leadership is that?