You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Please let this be true...

Kopite

Guest bionic_gollywog

agreed...quality player. quick enough, inteligent, eye for a goal and can play not only down the right but the left and centrally too. would give rafa many options, which he loves.

golly

We've had a lot of players who could 'do a job' on the right down the years, but none of them really wanted to play there (Finnan, Smicer, Cisse, Heskey, Murphy, Biscan etc.) I hope we go for someone who don't want to play anywhere else this time.

Man City end Malbranque interest

And City spokesperson Rosie Bass confirmed: "The player has indicated that he wishes to stay with Fulham and our interest in him has now ended." A statement on Fulham website's said: "A second increased bid from Manchester City for French midfielder Steed Malbranque has been turned down.

"After conversations with manager Chris Coleman, the player had also decided that he would prefer to remain with the club.

"We are delighted with the player's commitment to the new campaign."

He is a class act but not sure whether he is the right man for the right wing. I'd want us to sign him anyway, he is like Tim Cahill except with more skill and panache. Great little player to have in the squad or even team.

He's like Tim Cahill except he's good and not affected by the all-consuming bitterness...

Oooooowwww bitterness, bitterness,

The only thing the Bloo's possess.

I thank the Lord I must confess,

Cos I'm free of the Bluesh*te Bitterness...

Considering our options he would be a good addition. Our RW-list must be getting shorter by the day, with Figo and Stelios(?) out of it, so Malbranque will do for me. He's not SWP, but he's got something most of us want in new players these days, and that's proven PL-quality.

Time is running out too, so as long as Rafa don't have any ace in his sleeve he's one of the best RW's we can get at this stage.

Considering our options he would be a good addition. Our RW-list must be getting shorter by the day, with Figo and Stelios(?) out of it, so Malbranque will do for me. He's not SWP, but he's got something most of us want in new players these days, and that's proven PL-quality.

Time is running out too, so as long as Rafa don't have any ace in his sleeve he's one of the best RW's we can get at this stage.

You're right, time is running out. I'm getting increasingly worried about what side we'll have out against Boro.

Just Reina and Zenden will be the new faces from last season - is that enough?

Malbranque is a very good player - not sure if he is the answer on the right wing but as Rash says, he would improve our options there.

We need to get this winger sorted ASAP!

I think we need an out and out winger, I'd have been happy with Pennant or Routledge out there - ideally SWP but he was overpriced. Now there is a winger at Betis currently available....

So what ar ethe options?

Swienstieger? Joaquin? Stelios? Luque? Who? we need a proper winger none of this Houllier type 'in the hole' players playing on the wing.

Just Reina and Zenden will be the new faces from last season - is that enough?

I said the same yesterday and was lynched. In Rafa we trust?

I think like last year, we will get some top players at the death. My tip? Owen, Joaquin, Andrade. ;-)

We should have bought him years ago when Houllier was in charge. I actually suggested him as a solution to our left wing problem then, but he's not really an out and out wide player. He's gone stale at Fulham and I wouldn't mind seeing us going in for him, but I'm not sure he's the kind of player we need for the system that it looks like we'll be playing.

Do you think Joaquin is a realistic option though, Rashid? I would love to get him but it just won't happend will it? And talking about SWP, Routledge and Pennant is like talking about Figo at this stage. We didn't get them and should get over it (easy too, tbh).

Oh, and Crouch and Sissoko is other potential new faces for Boro on you list Ian.

Do you think Joaquin is a realistic option though, Rashid? I would love to get him but it just won't happend will it? And talking about SWP, Routledge and Pennant is like talking about Figo at this stage. We didn't get them and should get over it (easy too, tbh).

Oh, and Crouch and Sissoko is other potential new faces for Boro on you list Ian.

I know it's a cliche but Cisse should really be regarded as a new face for this year.

Crouch is both banned and injured so he DOUBLEDEFFO won't be playing. I like the look of Momo, it will be interesting to see how he develops.