You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forward Out ?

Redexile

Fair enough.

I think some of the criticism of Morientes is fucking harsh, he's never had a proper run in the team. I don't even think he's been that bad in pre season.

id agree with that and he looked pretty good in the game against Olympiacos with Baros.

It was only in the last game his body language looked all wrong, he looked like he didnt want to be on the pitch

Like i said earlier i hope he comes good but if he has decided he's had enough then we should let him go but get right behind him if he stays which is what i believe will happen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paco told him whilst he was out walking the dog.

Nick's life is like an episode of "Randall and Hopkin Deceased".

Colin,

I'll try and put this as politely as possible

Dont you think this has become a little tiresome and childish and more importantly it doesnt reflect well on you to keep comming back with the same dig time after time, i am sure you have got better things to do with your life than thinking of all the ways you can have a dig at Red Nick

Jari bought it home to me a day or so ago when i was pointing out the error of Rashid's ways on Crouch again, he posted " Oh Do Shut Up" and he was right it has all become very tiresome and now i just leave it alone because everyone knows Rash will never get its about the team and the player and he'll never change just as my view is pretty clear, so whats the whole point of going over stuff again and again, its truly pointless.

We all meant to be Liverpool fans together however i cant see you having Michael Howard round for dinner.

It's Murphy all over again, crucial goals but a lack of concentration with simple passes.

I'd say that's about right, but I think Garcia is a better player all round than Murphy was. He still has room for improvement too.

Nick,

Stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

its farily clear that what i post is opinion, the only fact i have posted on here is the people i havei met icluding Xabi Alonso after the TNS game, everything else is obviously my point of view if somebody wants to take it as fact or gets upset with the wording then they are obviously very uptight and there's not a lot i can do for them

My signature is obviously the biggest disclaimer on the planet and if its a rumour i always say where it comes from etc.

Anyway when is michael howard comming to dinner

Murphy never had the ability to do those out of the blue extraordinary things that Garcia does.

His one touch control then perfect ball to Cisse against Kaunas was an example of the stuff we now take for granted from him. If you want the flair you have to accept that it won't work all the time. As long as he works hard and doesn't do it in danger areas then theres no problem.

Murphy never had the ability to do those out of the blue extraordinary things that Garcia does.

His one touch control then perfect ball to Cisse against Kaunas was an example of the stuff we now take for granted from him. If you want the flair you have to accept that it won't work all the time. As long as he works hard and doesn't do it in danger areas then theres no problem.

Garcie has far more abillity than Murphy ever had, Garcia biggest problem in about application not abillity, he could play the simple pass and just keep possession of the football for the team but tries to be too clever at times, i am sure Rafa has told him this and if he dosent heed this he will play less games this season (If Gonzales &RM arrive) and be used more as an impact player from the bench, in my opinion of course.

The team to play Sofia should be very interesting indeed.

Garcia's problem is not application. He works very hard for the team - remember the derby? His problem is small lapses in concentration and a tendency to take needless risks. But, he is still very much a good player and a good buy.

Garcia's problem is not application. He works very hard for the team - remember the derby? His problem is small lapses in concentration and a tendency to take needless risks. But, he is still very much a good player and a good buy.

i think were talking about the same thing though ie he has the abillity to pass the ball and not give the ball away but as you say takes needless risks but with Murphy you knew it was only a matter of time before he gave the ball away

i agree wholeheartedly.

that's the beauty of flair players. one minute they've got you pulling your hair out, and the next you're bowing to their genius.

That would make 3 signings ditched in 12 months. All players that he knew well. Surely great managers can judge a player's worth before they sign them.

Rafa has said that he has learnt a lot about the Premiership in his first season, so these signings you slate him for buying were not suited and he accepts that. I would rather he got rid of them that had them monging up the place having a trot out for the reserves in place of younger players who have got a genuine chance of breaking into the team.

I think he has a better idea of how to deal with the Prem now and we will be better this season. Morientes is available for Europe and that will make him a bit happier. It can't have been such a laugh sitting by and watching all those amazing matches on the way to the final and the final itself.

To sum up, it wasn't the fact that Rafa didn't know the players, it was that he didn't know the league.

Benitez, meanwhile, is confident Fernando Morientes will make a greater impact at Liverpool this season.The Spanish striker struggled with injury and European ineligibility last campaign since arriving from Real Madrid for £6.3million in January, scoring just three goals in 15 appearances.

And while Benitez admits the forward has so far failed to sparkle, he believes Morientes - who is vying for a striking role alongside Djibril Cisse on Wednesday - will find his form this campaign.

Benitez, meanwhile, is confident Fernando Morientes will make a greater impact at Liverpool this season.The Spanish striker struggled with injury and European ineligibility last campaign since arriving from Real Madrid for £6.3million in January, scoring just three goals in 15 appearances.

And while Benitez admits the forward has so far failed to sparkle, he believes Morientes - who is vying for a striking role alongside Djibril Cisse on Wednesday - will find his form this campaign.

Do you speak like a sports report too?