You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen

Stouffer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it's the only option for him - us, Arsenal and Chelsea don't want him - and he (very understandably) doesn't want to play for Everton or Newcastle. Imagine if Ged has signed Crouch instead of Owen? (Not a pop at Rafa - just funny the way things work out)

Pesonally, I'd like us to use the Baros money towards bringing him home

I think MO can fuck off. When you consider all the shit that was given to Gerrard - most of it justified - because of the underhand manner in which he nearly left and then people calling for the return of MO, it begs the question, why? Michael Owen continually lied about signing a new contract and then fucked off - it was far from a clean break. Gerrard stayed. It's not do with his talent but to do with his attitude to our great football club. That's probably the reason why Rafa won't take him back. It will have little or nothing to do with how talented he is so any direct comparison with other players based on talent is unfair.

I have mixed feelings on this one.

Part of me thinks I don't want us to be Little Mickey's parachute. He was given the chance to play a part in the Rafalution and chose not to. Incidentally he'd now have a European Cup medal potentially. Why should we give him a second chance to do so.

Part of me thinks Owen wanted the opportunity to play in Europe and I should bear him no ill in seeking that opportunity when he did

Part of me thinks hang on a sec don't forget Owen left for £8 million (although probably less in real terms) because we had the is you is, is you aint shit in signing a contract.

Part of me thinks Owen is a winner and we could do with a few more of those at the club. If we are selling Baros - and I wouldn't - we still need 4 first class strikers at the club. We have 3 who presently fit that bill in Rafa's eyes:

Crouch, Cisse, and Morientes. I don't buy into this ALT is a 4th striker bollocks.

So in conclusion, I'm not sure what my conclusion should be. I'll come back to this issue when I'm less schizophrenic

I guess its down to Rafa and I'm sure he's even less forgiving than I am. After all he wants HIS team.

PS I wouldn't want him at OT either.

Guest joeybrant

Let's face it, anyone who's brought as much crap to the club as rafa [i couldnt even spell quality] benitez, is hardly gonna welcome micky now is he - it would ruin his record. It does however dispell that old chestnut/myth, that winning the european cup attracts all the big quality names, christ, rupert Lowe must still be laughing in his champers, counting our money.

bollocks, fuck Owen, he left us, who's to say he won't do it again. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't want to play for the mancs is nuts, even if we were in for him he'd go there.

After all winning things was the reason he left us. United have bigger funds and more of his england mates.

Let's face it, anyone who's brought as much crap to the club as rafa [i couldnt even spell quality] benitez, is hardly gonna welcome micky now is he - it would ruin his record. It does however dispell that old chestnut/myth, that winning the european cup attracts all the big quality names, christ, rupert Lowe must still be laughing in his champers, counting our money.

LOLOLOL.

What I don't understand about the Owen situation is that every paper is assuming that if he leaves Real that he is going to England, when he could very easily go to Italy. I can't see Mickey going to OT, I could see him going to Arsenal, and I would not be surprised to see him back here, Michael's closest friend in the squad is Carra, the player on the team that Rafa is closest to is Carra.

He's laughing at you for talking out of your crack to be honest.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The use of the word "crack" was inspired.

I managed to use the word "ninny" on Friday for the first time in years. It was in relation to Mr Kenwright.

Guest joeybrant
He's laughing at you for talking out of your crack to be honest.

Well then, you'd better make sure he never meets you in the real world - he'd burst his ulcer

I think MO can fuck off. When you consider all the shit that was given to Gerrard - most of it justified - because of the underhand manner in which he nearly left and then people calling for the return of MO, it begs the question, why? Michael Owen continually lied about signing a new contract and then fucked off - it was far from a clean break. Gerrard stayed. It's not do with his talent but to do with his attitude to our great football club. That's probably the reason why Rafa won't take him back. It will have little or nothing to do with how talented he is so any direct comparison with other players based on talent is unfair.

There you have it Stevie G would never play for Manu or Everton, Michael Owen would. If Manu dont want him i wouldnt be suprised if he ended up at Everton

Personally, I think Rafa doesn't rate Michael Owen as I'm sure Dave U would agree.....oh fuck it.

If the only club who wants him or can afford him is Man Utd then he'll just have to accept it. And stay in Madrid.

Personally, I think Rafa doesn't rate Michael Owen as I'm sure Dave U would agree.....oh fuck it.

If the only club who wants him or can afford him is Man Utd then he'll just have to accept it. And stay in Madrid.

Yep I agree with that Pete. If it's Utd or the bench, then he would be best advised to choose the bench.

I can think of a big fuck off piece of silverware with big ears which would be reason enough.

Pleb.

Brian Clough won two and then got relegated with the same team. Nobody deserves to be beyond criticism when they screw up. If it would be a mistake for Houllier to do it then the same applies to Rafa. Using Istanbul to justify covering up Rafa's cock-ups is ridiculous. But then can we expect anything else from you?

Brian Clough won two and then got relegated with the same team. Nobody deserves to be beyond criticism when they screw up. If it would be a mistake for Houllier to do it then the same applies to Rafa. Using Istanbul to justify covering up Rafa's cock-ups is ridiculous. But then can we expect anything else from you?

Yes but it hasn't been proven to be a mistake yet has it?