You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How much of a tit is Bill Kenwright?

Guest Gazmo25

• 14 years later...

I don't think he's a bad egg, but he must have known that his bid could not pass muster while he was still involved at boardroom level with Everton. It kind of smacks of a self-promotion exercise to show he's one of the game's good guys at a time when his own club's fans are revolting. And they're in revolt etc etc...

Always liked BGB.

He’s the last of the old school owners in the division. 

He’s totally passionate about football. 

He’s totally passionate about his city.

He’s properly daft about his club.

He’s a perfect comedy character on many levels.

He’s presided over one of the great comic institutions in terms of Everton under his tenure and just how woeful they’ve been.

He’s a man even Gnasher could correctly identify as a luvvie.

He’s never been one of those poisonous bitter blues, even when wankers like Moyes have turned up there with no connection then done all they can to pollute the rivalry, incense their fans’ attitudes towards us and turn it into a pure grudge-fest.

His class, good judgement and light touch delivery of Everton’s various heartfelt tributes towards Hillsborough is what really becomes him I think, being a world away from most of the other tribal shite football throws up.

The best compliment I can pay him is, if Everton ever won another trophy, and particularly during his time there, it would be a consolation to see him drink it in when the proper mutants in their fanbase were spitting bile over it. Anyone who loves football would be able to relate to the pure joy he’d get from it, and god knows he’d have earned it after seeing out decades of pain with a smile mostly on his grid.

• Upvote 13

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Always liked BGB.

He’s totally passionate about his City.

He’s a great comedy character on many levels.

He’s presided over one of the great comic institutions in terms of Everton under his tenure and just how woeful they’ve been.

He’s never been one of those poisonous bitter blues, even when wankers like Moyes have turned up there with no connection then done all they can to pollute the rivalry, incense their fans attitudes towards us and turn it into a pure grudge-fest.

His class, good judgement and light touch delivery of Everton’s various heartfelt tributes towards Hillsborough is what really becomes him I think, being a world away from most of the other tribal shite football throws up.

The best compliment I can pay him is, if Everton ever won another trophy, and particularly during his time there, it would be a consolation to see him drink it in when the proper mutants in their fanbase were spitting bile over it. Anyone who loves football would be able to relate to the pure joy he’d get from it, and god knows he’d have earned it after seeing out decades of pain with a smile mostly on his grid and Jenny Seagrave in his bed.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

I don't think he's a bad egg, but he must have known that his bid could not pass muster while he was still involved at boardroom level with Everton. It kind of smacks of a self-promotion exercise to show he's one of the game's good guys at a time when his own club's fans are revolting. And they're in revolt etc etc...

Maybe he knew the rules but from what I've read it wasn't a bid for the other or even a stake but a donation from his own money to keep the club going. 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Like an Everton failed medical or bidding £10m for Alan Shearer when they knew Newcastle offered £15m. 

35 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Always liked BGB.

He’s presided over one of the great comic institutions in terms of Everton under his tenure and just how woeful they’ve been.

He’s never been one of those poisonous bitter blues, even when wankers like Moyes have turned up there with no connection then done all they can to pollute the rivalry, incense their fans’ attitudes towards us and turn it into a pure grudge-fest.

The best compliment I can pay him is, if Everton ever won another trophy, and particularly during his time there, it would be a consolation to see him drink it in when the proper mutants in their fanbase were spitting bile over it. Anyone who loves football would be able to relate to the pure joy he’d get from it, and god knows he’d have earned it after seeing out decades of pain with a smile mostly on his grid.

I dont actually mind him, he's the type of Evertonian you could have a pint with and a laugh over footy rather than rabid bitters like Tony Bellew and Derek Hatton.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I dont actually mind him, he's the type of Evertonian you could have a pint with and a laugh over footy rather than rabid bitters like Tony Bellew and Derek Hatton.

I bet the drunker he gets the more embellished his already tall tales get as well.

7 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Always liked BGB.

And the best reason- He's non threatening.

15 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Always liked BGB.

Good post. His ma’s hotpots were great, too.

To be fair, Ive always thought Kenwright was just an old fashioned blue who didnt hold with the shite and venom that has developed at fan level within his club. He hasnt had pockets deep enough to keep his club where he wants them unless you're being a bit uncharitable and say he wants them outside the top 10!

Most of the time he's probably had them punching above their weight. But like Moores, he's realised he cannot maintain the club's position never mind take them forward in today's game.

He's always been on side regarding Hillsborough and I dont really recall him ever coming out and throwing shit at Liverpool.