You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

oh dear dear,...

Guest saturday shopper

Shall we make a new forum rule? How about noone dares voice concern about any signings? How about we forget we finished 5th behind Everton?

Chelsea finished 37 points ahead of us last season, does anyone think Crouch is going to help us catch them up when they have signed SWP? Michael Owen is available and we get Crouch? Baros is being sold probably and we sign Crouch with the money?

Can noone take a step back and just think that the team that lost 11 away games last season has just sign Peter Crouch to help make up the points this season? 10 Million would have bought Kuyt. I'd have not minded him if we had got him for 3 Million. And to think we are refusing to pay 2 Million for Luis Figo!

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

I have more faith in rafa than I do your concerns, you say you'd have spent £3m on him but not £7m? The money really isn't our concern, its up to Rafa and the board, our job is to support them, so fcukin do it and stop spreading so much unjust concern. If he flops, he flops, he won't be the first and he won't be the last, you are making out that its the worst decision ever to sign him, get a fcukin grip...........again, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We`suffered in two areas particularly badly last season mate, one was right midfield and the other was a regular goalscorer like an Owen. Our answer is Crouch!!

We will sell Baros our top scorer who wasn't very good in the 2nd half of the season and buy Crouch who has had one half decent season in the top flight. It doesn't add up for me. Crouch is a joke signing at 7M (IMO), the same catergory as Big John Hartson, Duncan Ferguson, Emile Heskey and the like.

Can Cisse not score goals?

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

I have more faith in rafa than I do your concerns, you say you'd have spent £3m on him but not £7m? The money really isn't our concern, its up to Rafa and the board, our job is to support them, so fcukin do it and stop spreading so much unjust concern. If he flops, he flops, he won't be the first and he won't be the last, you are making out that its the worst decision ever to sign him, get a fcukin grip...........again, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

Money not out concern? We suffered for two fucking years due to the cost of Diao, Diouf and Cheyrou, yes I do care are about the money.

Rashid - Like i said, our spending is not over.

So i suggest you ease down before you go stating things as facts which may well change within a few days or weeks.

The fact is Rafa is replacing Baros with Crouch - that to me is soul destroying.

That'd be the Crouch who scored more than Baros last season in less games? Yeah really "soul destroying"

Crouch also scored more thasn Rooney.

Baros is a proven international and 2 years younger than Crouch. He has also been an International tournament top scorer. Crouch has had one decent half season in the top flight, a bit like Heskey.

I wouldn't swap Baros for Crouch. My opinion obviously, and you seem like you would, fair play.

Crouch also scored more thasn Rooney.

Baros is a proven international and 2 years younger than Crouch. He has also been an International tournament top scorer. Crouch has had one decent half season in the top flight, a bit like Heskey.

I wouldn't swap Baros for Crouch. My opinion obviously, and you seem like you would, fair play.

I dont give a fuck what he's done at International Level, unless you hadnt noticed we are a club team. Baros has done fuck all for us really, he's had two half decent seasons. Thats it.

Also, dont start to patronise me you little prick.

Problem positions last year were:

Keeper = Reina

RM = Figo or someone else Rafa will already have in reserve

Scorer = fully fit Cisse and Morientes plus Crouch

If Baros goes,we'll probably buy another striker.

Have a bit of patience for fuck's sake.

I wouldnt either.

But just possibly, Crouch will work better with the other strikers we have...

And just possibly we might sign another striker.

I can't see Cisse leaving, we have Morientes and Baros - All I felt we needed is someone like Michael Owen to be that poacher. Without going into calling eachother names like 'prick' and acting all hard on the net I just feel a little concerned that Baros has not been given more of a chance. Last season was the first time ever that the lad was given a chance at Liverpool and he did well and carried the striker burden alone due to injuries. Now it appears he will leave and Crouch has arrived.

You might be right we may get another striker but how many can we have? I'd rather have given Pongolle and Mellor and run rather than buy Crouch and put that money towards a world class winger and centre back.

He has had his chances, and never took them. and then moaned and prostituted himself to other clubs. The lads attitude seems to stink and we cant rely on him in pressure situations. I would not be overly arsed about letting baros go.

I rate him but understand people's concerns. But if the alternative is Crouch I'd rather keep Baros with a broken leg.

Money not out concern? We suffered for two fucking years due to the cost of Diao, Diouf and Cheyrou, yes I do care are about the money.

Do you have any control over the money? Do you know how much we have to spend? So why get yourself so wound up about it.......again, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!

And he isn't replacing Baros with Crouch. IF Baros does go, and it is an if, I'm sure he sees Cisse as taking Milan's role and Crouch can be used as an alternative......

Guest Wooly
Rafa won the league with John Carew..........

Ba-ra-bim.... Match! Set!! Game point!! :D

As I said before.. In Rafa we trust....

Shall we make a new forum rule? How about noone dares voice concern about any signings? How about we forget we finished 5th behind Everton?

Chelsea finished 37 points ahead of us last season, does anyone think Crouch is going to help us catch them up when they have signed SWP? Michael Owen is available and we get Crouch? Baros is being sold probably and we sign Crouch with the money?

Can noone take a step back and just think that the team that lost 11 away games last season has just sign Peter Crouch to help make up the points this season? 10 Million would have bought Kuyt. I'd have not minded him if we had got him for 3 Million. And to think we are refusing to pay 2 Million for Luis Figo!

you'll never ever get it will you, Crouch is what Rafa wants, he wanted him he got him. He doesnt want Baros so Baros will be leaving. He is the manager who has just won us the CL, not an easy task that by the way. His siginings so far have been excellent.

Tell you what if we have 45 points by January 1st will you promise not to post on here again.and if we only have 30 points i promise not to post on here again, do we have a deal?

The fact is Rafa is replacing Baros with Crouch - that to me is soul destroying.

WTf

unfucking believable 9 league fucking goals all season, missing open goals for fun and poor old crouch who scores many more goals and many more assist can do no right in your eves

i stongly suggest you look at all his goal and assists from this season and maybe then you'll see that Rafa is just a little bit cleverer than you