You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

oh dear dear,...

Guest saturday shopper

Here's a wake up call for you: things aren't as great as everyone seems to think they are! Yes we won the CL. Was it great to watch bar the final? Did we murder Juve or Milan or Chelsea or Olympiakos or anyone except for Leverkusen? The football is just as less impressive now as it was during Greenback's tenure. We're still boring to watch.

Some valid points SKEET but can you honestly say that we didnt play Juve off the park for the 1st half and that you found those games boring especially the Juve game.I know from where i was sat it looked like progress!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some valid points SKEET but can you honestly say that we didnt play Juve off the park for the 1st half and that you found those games boring especially the Juve game.I know from where i was sat it looked like progress!

The play was boring, the tension and the occasion made them exciting. First half-hour against Juve was excellent. There's not been very much like that though and I don't see how any of the players we've signed this year are going to improve that.

We were efficient against TNS. Even if it was a competitive match that was being played a month earlier than our first one should have and even if it was a game none of our players were really arsed about we should have walked through them and took the piss. We didn't though. Roll on the league.

The play was boring, the tension and the occasion made them exciting. First half-hour against Juve was excellent. There's not been very much like that though and I don't see how any of the players we've signed this year are going to improve that.

We were efficient against TNS. Even if it was a competitive match that was being played a month earlier than our first one should have and even if it was a game none of our players were really arsed about we should have walked through them and took the piss. We didn't though. Roll on the league.

I don't agree that the play was boring. At the beginning of the season with a fully fit side it was good - Arsenal game, was that shit too?It's too early to make any judgement. You'd be daft to. Like you say, roll on the league, see how we do over the first half of the season, then judge.

So all them league games you watch last year weren't mind-numbing?!?

Out of interest, who was the last player we bought who you didn't get excited about and didn't think would be the next Player of the Year?

Our away games were mind numbing. We had some great performances at home. Xabi Alonso's performance against Norwich at home was described by the five-live commentator as the best midfield performance he'd ever seen. Chelsea when we lost, we were good that day too. We were good against Newcastle at home too. We played well more often than not at home, last season. To say otherwise is nonsense.

We played like 60 games last year. About 50 of them were beyond stale. Even the decent ones you mentioned were drab in comparison to the games we played when Evans was in charge.

I'm not saying Evans is a better manager than Rafa but at least the team knew how to play and how to attack. This one doesn't look like it barely knows how to spell it.

You mentioned Alonso. Look at the difference in transfer fees between Alonso and Crouch. Now look at the difference in quality. Doesn't quite add up, does it?

We played like 60 games last year. About 50 of them were beyond stale. Even the decent ones you mentioned were drab in comparison to the games we played when Evans was in charge.

I'm not saying Evans is a better manager than Rafa but at least the team knew how to play and how to attack. This one doesn't look like it barely knows how to spell it.

You mentioned Alonso. Look at the difference in transfer fees between Alonso and Crouch. Now look at the difference in quality. Doesn't quite add up, does it?

About 50? You've just plucked that figure out of the air.

Erm, of course I have. I don't memorise the ins and outs of every game of the season but I don't think it's an exaggeration either. We actually didn't have anything remotely like a killer instinct last season and the new players we've bought don't look like providing one.

There's 2 players at the club who are capable of ripping a team to pieces on their day. One has just signed a new contract and the other is on his way out of the door. Every other team who competes at the top has at least 4 or 5 of them. It's that simple. We needed players with natural ability and we seem to have just bought slightly different versions of what we've got rid of.

Erm, of course I have. I don't memorise the ins and outs of every game of the season but I don't think it's an exaggeration either. We actually didn't have anything remotely like a killer instinct last season and the new players we've bought don't look like providing one.

There's 2 players at the club who are capable of ripping a team to pieces on their day. One has just signed a new contract and the other is on his way out of the door. Every other team who competes at the top has at least 4 or 5 of them. It's that simple. We needed players with natural ability and we seem to have just bought slightly different versions of what we've got rid of.

How come Crouch scored more goals last season than Milan? You've never seen Gonzalez play and have only seen Sissoko for 45 minutes in a friendly so there's two players you can't judge. Reina is a goalie and they don't rip teams apart. Your argument isn't based in logic. You have no conclusive proof to say that they will be good or that they will be bad. Wait, and until that point give your team and your manager the support they deserve. It's not about being a lemming it's about giving people the benefit of the doubt.

What would everyone say if Houllier had signed him?Or if Moyes signed had signed him for the shite?

This is the funniest signing in history, the lad is a joke figure. :D

No I think you are the only joke figure around here. You wouldn't be saying this if his name was Peter Crouchinho and he was worth 20 million on Champ Manager. And you point about Houllier is moot. If he would of signed him after we won the treble then EVERYONE would have supported him. And who cares about the shite? Not me and certainly not anyone with any sense. We are LIVERPOOL Rashid. We don't have to prove ourselves to anyone. Now go and support someone else if all you can do is bitch about Peter Crouch!!!

What would everyone say if Houllier had signed him?Or if Moyes signed had signed him for the shite?

This is the funniest signing in history, the lad is a joke figure. :D

It sickens me that you support the same club as me, you don't deserve to share in the joy created by LFC, you're a fucking leech.

Unbelievable, "did we murder Juve, Chelsea or Milan"? No, we didn't but they are arguably the 3 best sides in europe and although we didn't murder them or play them off the park, we beat them with a slightly above average squad, thats one hell of an achievement! We are European Champions for fcuks sake, I get the feeling some fans would like a Kevin Keegan approach, great, exciting football but no fcuking trophies........

How anyone can be as p*ssed off as it appears some of you are over this signing is nothing short of a disgrace. If Crouch is a mistake, a joke signing and a lanky streak of p*ss, then Rafa has deserved the right to make that mistake. Jeez, I can't understand some people, we are European Champions, enjoy the fcukin moment, what good is all the negativity? Even if it is realistic, it does nothing but harm............SUPPORT THE FCUKIN CLUB!

How come Crouch scored more goals last season than Milan? You've never seen Gonzalez play and have only seen Sissoko for 45 minutes in a friendly so there's two players you can't judge. Reina is a goalie and they don't rip teams apart. Your argument isn't based in logic. You have no conclusive proof to say that they will be good or that they will be bad. Wait, and until that point give your team and your manager the support they deserve. It's not about being a lemming it's about giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Spot on for me YKI.

Skeet quotes like "things aren't as good as they seem, we may be European Champions but" just don't add up for me. Rafa knows himself that we under performed majorly in the league and I'm sure he'll be aware that we see the likes of Josemi and Pellegrino as shite signings (I'm not including Nunez cos he was free and was actually decent from March onwards). If it hadn't been for Josemi and Pellegrini we might not have seen the performances from Finnan and Hyypia that helped us win the Champions League.

I'm gutted that Baros is leaving as I agree that on his day he's one of the most dangerous players around but with the signings of Zenden, Crouch, Sissoko, Reina, Gonzales and hopefully Figo we'll be miles stronger over the season and Crouch will be getting top service and a goal tally that will make 7 million sound like a decent figure.

Unbelievable, "did we murder Juve, Chelsea or Milan"? No, we didn't but they are arguably the 3 best sides in europe and although we didn't murder them or play them off the park, we beat them with a slightly above average squad, thats one hell of an achievement! We are European Champions for fcuks sake, I get the feeling some fans would like a Kevin Keegan approach, great, exciting football but no fcuking trophies........

How anyone can be as p*ssed off as it appears some of you are over this signing is nothing short of a disgrace. If Crouch is a mistake, a joke signing and a lanky streak of p*ss, then Rafa has deserved the right to make that mistake. Jeez, I can't understand some people, we are European Champions, enjoy the fcukin moment, what good is all the negativity? Even if it is realistic, it does nothing but harm............SUPPORT THE FCUKIN CLUB!

What he said.

Amen to that brother

I don't know what the fuck has happened to Skeet here but it needs to stop! Are you sure you're not related to Hermes?

There are definitely things we need to improve on, but to say that 50 games last season were mind numbing is total tripe in my opinion. Our home form was great, it was only the away league form that was the problem. Ineed our away from the CL was great.

If we sort our away form out in the league then theoretically we wouldn't be far off winning the fucking league, such is our home form.

I can't even be arsed going into detail with this because I think it's obvious to most people what the real siuation is.

I am sorry, but you are talking crap. Who are the 4 or 5 that United have? You must have been watching a different team to me last season. I saw a great improvement. Alonso is utter class and Luis Garcia is a cracking player who will get better and better. Nunez wasn't and is out of the door (something Houllier would never do, accept a mistake).

But I think the main argument against what you have been saying is that we are currently European Champions. That was Benitez that did that. Liverpool exist to win trophies. We have just done that. We were in the league cup final too, in case you missed that, and were unlucky to lose. I am not sure what you expect him to do in his first season, but I am more than happy.

Spot on for me YKI.

Skeet quotes like "things aren't as good as they seem, we may be European Champions but" just don't add up for me. Rafa knows himself that we under performed majorly in the league and I'm sure he'll be aware that we see the likes of Josemi and Pellegrino as shite signings (I'm not including Nunez cos he was free and was actually decent from March onwards). If it hadn't been for Josemi and Pellegrini we might not have seen the performances from Finnan and Hyypia that helped us win the Champions League.

I'm gutted that Baros is leaving as I agree that on his day he's one of the most dangerous players around but with the signings of Zenden, Crouch, Sissoko, Reina, Gonzales and hopefully Figo we'll be miles stronger over the season and Crouch will be getting top service and a goal tally that will make 7 million sound like a decent figure.

Agree with that mate. It baffles me that people can't see what an achievement that whole cup run was. Italian champions, English champions, the favourites for the trophy… all vanquished with a squad rife with injuries and players who'd been deemed part of Rafa's predecessor's after-dinner leftovers. Calling that feat a smokescreen or a make-up job or a papering over the cracks is like worrying about your next wank while being sucked off by Kelly Brook.

Agree with that mate. It baffles me that people can't see what an achievement that whole cup run was. Italian champions, English champions, the favourites for the trophy… all vanquished with a squad rife with injuries and players who'd been deemed part of Rafa's predecessor's after-dinner leftovers. Calling that feat a smokescreen or a make-up job or a papering over the cracks is like worrying about your next wank while being sucked off by Kelly Brook.

agree with all of that and lets not forget that since english clubs came back only 2 teams from england one this tournament in some 15 attempts

Shall we make a new forum rule? How about noone dares voice concern about any signings? How about we forget we finished 5th behind Everton?

Chelsea finished 37 points ahead of us last season, does anyone think Crouch is going to help us catch them up when they have signed SWP? Michael Owen is available and we get Crouch? Baros is being sold probably and we sign Crouch with the money?

Can noone take a step back and just think that the team that lost 11 away games last season has just sign Peter Crouch to help make up the points this season? 10 Million would have bought Kuyt. I'd have not minded him if we had got him for 3 Million. And to think we are refusing to pay 2 Million for Luis Figo!

Rashid - While i too were against the signing of Crouch that argument of your's clearly aint holding up.

Is he the only player we have signed ?

NO.

Is he the last signing we'll make ?

NO - 99% certain he's not anyway.

Will Figo arrive for free ?

Yes - As above.

And there's probably more to come.

Rashid - While i too were against the signing of Crouch that argument of your's clearly aint holding up.

Is he the only player we have signed ?

NO.

Is he the last signing we'll make ?

NO - 99% certain he's not anyway.

Will Figo arrive for free ?

Yes - As above.

And there's probably more to come.

We`suffered in two areas particularly badly last season mate, one was right midfield and the other was a regular goalscorer like an Owen. Our answer is Crouch!!

We will sell Baros our top scorer who wasn't very good in the 2nd half of the season and buy Crouch who has had one half decent season in the top flight. It doesn't add up for me. Crouch is a joke signing at 7M (IMO), the same catergory as Big John Hartson, Duncan Ferguson, Emile Heskey and the like.