You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another Kewell thread....!

Duncan Clench

... but this time not an Aussie-bashing excercise! After this report in on Sky Sports

Kewell

....I was interested to know if he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt this season, or has the patience run out with you guys?

I've been slating the boy since he got here (poor form I know, I don't like players in Red who show no passion for the team), but I think he's got one more season to prove himself. I know that we'll be supporting him whatever, as we always do, but has anyone really lost it with this guy? And do you believe the injury story or think it's just an excuse for poor form?

Might not be the most interesting thread in the world, but it doubles as an experiment to see how quickly someone has a pop at Rash!

... but this time not an Aussie-bashing excercise! After this report in on Sky Sports

Kewell

....I was interested to know if he'll be getting the benefit of the doubt this season, or has the patience run out with you guys?

I've been slating the boy since he got here (poor form I know, I don't like players in Red who show no passion for the team), but I think he's got one more season to prove himself. I know that we'll be supporting him whatever, as we always do, but has anyone really lost it with this guy? And do you believe the injury story or think it's just an excuse for poor form?

Might not be the most interesting thread in the world, but it doubles as an experiment to see how quickly someone has a pop at Rash!

I would have shipped him out. However, given that he has been injured and that those injuries are now clearing/cleared up I think we should give him a chance. He has no more excuses, if he gets his form back then he will have proved us wrong but if he doesn't then we were right all along.

LOL!!

I feel like a guinea pig in some form of test now. Kewell will get nothing from me until he gives me something to support. A little effort for a start.

The sad thing is I know this will turn into a 4 page rash bash extravaganza soooooo i'll do it for us.

Kewell's a lazy fuck

No he's not he's the greatest left winge ever born and stevie loves him too.

Why can't you see talent is fuck all without a bit of work

Shut it you cunt

Go shag your fit bird

Duff is better and before you say it he' not a mercenary cunt

He's a mercenary cunt and you only like him because he's oirish like you.

I'm going to pound your midget face

Woe is me, woe is me, why is everyone having a go at me, Traore's a cunt, just because i have football slating tourrettes

We need to ban him

Censorship is wrong and not a cool thing

Gerrard is bigger then the club and we should be honoured he hasn't left

Censor him

Twat

No you're a twat

etc etc etc etc No need to bother now is there people, just done a 4 page thread for you.

LOL!!

I feel like a guinea pig in some form of test now. Kewell will get nothing from me until he gives me something to support. A little effort for a start.

The sad thing is I know this will turn into a 4 page rash bash extravaganza soooooo i'll do it for us.

Kewell's a lazy fuck

Shut it you cunt

Go shag your fit bird

Woe is me, woe is me, why is everyone having a go at me, Traore's a cunt, just because i have football slating tourrettes

We need to ban him

Censor him

Twat

No you're a twat

etc etc etc etc No need to bother now is there people, just done a 4 page thread for you.

You forgot to add your favourite Rash slating language weapon. The ego shattering insult that is "numpty."

I'd made my mind up last season that I never wanted to see him in a red shirt again but a friend of mine was talking to one of our senior players after the Final who said there was a lump the size of cricket ball on Kewell's groin at half time. I'll be interested to see if Carra verifies this in the interview.

Bearing in mind the fact that he's finally had an operation to sort this out (the one he was supposed to have during the last 2 close seasons), I'm now prepared to give him one last chance.

LOL!!

Kewell's a lazy fuck

Shut it you cunt

Go shag your fit bird

We need to ban him

Censor him

Twat

No you're a twat

thats nice work Stu, you even managed to put a bit of realism into Rash's point of view, dont know if it was subconcious!!

No he's not he's the greatest left winge ever born

Most people on here seem to have given up on him. I'm one of the few who have not. Kewell played very well in the first 4-5 months of his contract, until he got injured. Hopefully he can start playing like that again now that he's had that operation.

i have seen far less good than bad with kewell and work with a couple of leeds fans who were delighted to get rif of him. And if you think about the shit Leeds were in at the time he must have been doing something wrong for them to want rid.

I'll give him a fresh start this season, but its effort I want to see, even if its not going well he should be chasing everything and working back and still wanting the ball at every opportunity. He needs to look at what Garcia did in the 2nd half of the season and look towards acheiving results in a similar way.

Reminds me of how I felt with Vladi this one, realy liked him and was almost willing him to do well only for him to let you down with another injury or piss poor performance!

Agree with Erik T, he was flying till injured against Bolton.

Will get my support when we kick off lets hope hes injury free and can regain his old form, cos if he does thats one hell of a bonus for Raffa!

I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but the koala fucker is on his last pouch with me.

I honestly think he'll just be one of these players who's always got a knock and doesn't have the cajones/will/confidence to play through it. I think it'll turn out like Heskey II- flashes of what he should be surrounded by 'the best is yet to come' 'I know I can do better' etc..etc..etc..

And I think the feeblest of the feeble arguments is that he is a boyhood Red. So were all of us. Traore supported PSG. Milan Baracelona. Carra Everton. And so on. It means SFA. I used to mail all my parcels with Canada Post; but then I had no problem signing with United Parcel Service when they and the Teamsters came calling waving 17.45/hr at me. (Well, actually I went in and applied twice and begged)

It's true that he was great when he first got here... didn't he score 10 goals before Xmas? It seems that it is the lack of effort that seems to bug people mainly, and that shouldn't be too hard for him to rectify next season.

I honestly wish him well, and I hope he proves us wrong and ends up as one of our star players next season.

Probably not though eh?!

I haven't completley given up on him. His attitude seems to be questionable, but his talent can still be an asset to us. Besides, it's going to be almost impossible to get rid of him, so the best thing we can do is hope he gets fully fit and starts to find his form again.

Give him until the Jan transfer window - if he has scored some goals, added something to the team, and PUT SOME EFFORT IN we should keep him - otherwise throw him out of the window to eat his eucalyptus leaves somewhere else regardless of injuries or 'hurt feelings' or whatever. Thats a similar deal to Kirkie I think.

If his performance level is good from August to Jan. then that should become his benchmark level - perform consistently below that level and he's out. Performance management the BCP way.

a friend of mine was talking to one of our senior players after the Final who said there was a lump the size of cricket ball on Kewell's groin at half time. I'll be interested to see if Carra verifies this in the interview.

I've got two lumps the size of cricket ballson my groin but you don't hear me bitching about them ;-)

Never even asked Carra about Kewell, because even if he thinks he's a malingering cunt (he's never said anything to suggest thats what he thinks by the way) he's hardly going to say it in an interview.

The problem with ditching HK is that everyone can see he's a malingerer, but they also now know his precise remuneration due to his ridiculous libel suit. Not even Sam Allardyce would take him on.

if he gets his form back then he will have proved us wrong

Have to disagree man, if he gets his form back he will have proved nothing.

No ones argued that he had a lot of talent, just that he is a lazy cunt who is swinging the lead.

If he pulls his finger out then he will hve proved that he realised he had to buck his ideas up.

I'd personally give him one more chance if he blows it then he can fuck off.

IF Kewell can get his form back he is a potential title winner for us imo. That's how good he is potentially.

But the same was said about Jamie Redknapp. That lad had potential for about 10 years that he never lived up to. If Kewell wants it enough, he can be worth around 10 - 15 goals next season which could equate to about 9 - 12 points. Personally though, I have my doubts.......

I really hope he shoves these comments down our throats next season.