You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utterly Pointless Films

aws

Not crap films but films where at the end you thought why did they bother making that.

Young Adam with Ewan McGregor - he pulls a drowned girl out of the water,shags a few women,flashes his cock and then the twist is a flashback that the girl fell in the water after telling him that he had got her pregnant.Er - that's it.

Charlies Angels 2

checked my watch after what seemed like 10 hours of dental surgery. 20 minutes had passed

it's been a while since I was so unfortunate to see it so I can't put my finger on what it is about that film that makes me ill. let's just say that I find the blending of action movie and girl flick very nauseating. why can't they just accept that women are not credible action heroes? Drew Barrymore, I hate you!

Just remembered probably the most pointless film I ever watched - Death In Venice.Old man fancies young boy on beach,nothing happens,beautiful cinematography.Er...that's it.

And yes I know it's a "classic".

Lord of the rings III

Couldn't they have just flown to that mountain on those birds (griffins?) that come and rescue them from the lava afterwards instead of wasting an entire movie following two midgets in their attempt to climb a mountain?

Would have saved millions of people millions of pounds if they'd done that.

typical isnt it, you go 3 films without seeing one griffin bird and then two turn up right at the end

That's what I've been saying ever since, yet everyone's always laughed it off saying I know nothing about films. Thank you for giving me back my confidence, joeyb.

• Upvote 1

Lord of the rings III

Couldn't they have just flown to that mountain on those birds (griffins?) that come and rescue them from the lava afterwards instead of wasting an entire movie following two midgets in their attempt to climb a mountain?

Would have saved millions of people millions of pounds if they'd done that.

dude,read the book

don't you think Sauron would have taken notice if eagles suddenly flew towards mount Doom? the whole point is that they had to sneak in unnoticed. you fell asleep during it didn't you?

seriously DT, read it. find out if you still have an imagination! :yes:

don't you think Sauron would have taken notice if eagles suddenly flew towards mount Doom? the whole point is that they had to sneak in unnoticed. you fell asleep during it didn't you?

I don't know, you tell me.

I've already wasted some 10 hours on the three films (I fell asleep durting the second one thrice) do you seriously expect me to battle my way through the book ;)

The films remind me of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot in that there is always ALWAYS one piece of evidence or information that the reader isn't told about. THe same applies to these films. Every time things look bleak, Tolkien introduces some new kind of feature or creature to save them - something that we didn't know about before. When it happens for the 5th time, you start to see a pattern and get bored. I did anyway :yes:

fellowship of the ring was good but the other two were dungeons and dragons wankfests that tried to bring fat comicbook collecting douchebags who live with their moms into vogue.

other pointless films:

the original texas chainsaw massacre

little nicky

natural born killers

the mexican