You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subject: Jamie Bulger

kop

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - unfortunately most of the thick cunts don't own their own houses so they don't give a fuck how many windows they smash as somebody else will pay for them!

People are cunts - give them the sense of moral outrage and they will grab it with both hands and kick fuck out of it to make them feel superior.

Those images of Venables were around last year. 2 Weeks ago some woman from Mold, Flintshire was spreading a rumour that Venables was living here and gave the street and name of "Venables"

I didn't know for certain but I was sure back then he was still in jail and the news of the mother fighting his parole proves this.

People need to be sure of things before posting images or locations.

Can I suggest the mods remove those links?

Any publication of those images is potentially contempt of court, and putting them up on a website is publishing them.

I don't know the ins and outs of the law re putting up links, but better safe than landing Dave in the shit...

Yeah in hindsight shouldn't have posted it, sorry like. It's all over twitter so thought I'd just save people who wanted to look a bit of time.

Like I said I hope it's not someone innocent. Ill still stand by my point that people have a right to know. Understand the points made as to why not but if anything it stops things like innocent people being mistaken. Women have been campaigning hard recently to be warned by police if they get into a relationship with a man with a history of domestic violence.

Not sure this should be allowed other than in extreme cases like but certainly murderers should not have anonimety if their crime is as horrific as the one being spoken about.

And I wasn't saying vigilantes are a good thing but its par for the course with my point.

Nah - sorry but Sarah's law to me is nothing more than moral opium for the ignorant masses.

You don't have the right to know at all - they have served their punishment - it wasn't sexual in anyway so if there is no reason to believe they will reoffend then it is up to them who they tell.

They spent 8 years in jail. Would you class that as punishment for what they did?

For those saying they have served their sentence, all 8 years of it, what do you think about James's sentence?

He is gone, robbed of all his memories, girlfriends, wife, children, any life he might have had gone.

They didn't kill someone drunk driving or through some sort of negligent act, they abused tortured and killed him. As far as I'm concerned they should have spent the rest of their lives in jail, maybe then there might have been some parity with what they done to that young boy.

Essentially alls that has happened is they have lost their school life/time then been allowed to continue their life from the age of leaving school.

They spent 8 years in jail. Would you class that as punishment for what they did?

As children I don't think it is straight forward, I certainly don't think that it is if they had been adults - but as children (with mitigating circumstances) I honestly don't know - but they were given sentences and served them. Children are a different criteria - in many cases punishment will only last until they become adults.

You are arguing two different points in that post - that post was in reference to me and you knowing who they are, I don't believe that once they have served their sentence that me and you need to know information like that.

If you are referring to my comment on Denise not believing she has had justice, then fair do's.

I knew one of the lads - he lived at the bottom of my street and used to see him quite a bit, and heard quite a bit about his family life (a freind was a relation), quite how Social Services never got hold of them I will never know.

both should have been left to rot in jail.

I do disagree - although I do think life sentences should mean life for adults. There was a story today about Britains youngest ASBO who was 10 (10 years ago) who has just been charged with stabbing someone. His ASBO was seen as a bit of a joke - but it seems that he just grew up into a horrible cunt. Which does kind of contradict my point!

I do disagree - although I do think life sentences should mean life for adults. There was a story today about Britains youngest ASBO who was 10 (10 years ago) who has just been charged with stabbing someone. His ASBO was seen as a bit of a joke - but it seems that he just grew up into a horrible cunt. Which does kind of contradict my point!

Aye from Blackpool. IMO once a cunt always a cunt. Rehabilitation is a joke concept. One to please the do gooders of society. Hasn't their lawyer come out and said they were evil? & showed no remorse. IMO this country is far too soft on criminals, far, far too soft.

The child laws are bollocks too, most kids from the age of 11 upwards know what they are doing& therefore should be responsible for their actions. I would also punish parents to though by the way with equal prison sentences.

Aye from Blackpool. IMO once a cunt always a cunt. Rehabilitation is a joke concept. One to please the do gooders of society. Hasn't their lawyer come out and said they were evil? & showed no remorse. IMO this country is far too soft on criminals, far, far too soft.

The child laws are bollocks too, most kids from the age of 11 upwards know what they are doing& therefore should be responsible for their actions. I would also punish parents to though by the way with equal prison sentences.

Yep that was it - quite scary.

I do believe in rehabilitation, I grew up in Walton and have very little patience for the little cunts and parents of said cunts - but I see it as a problem of the society we have - not how we treat criminals.

I do believe in rehabilitation' date=' I grew up in Walton and have very little patience for the little cunts and parents of said cunts - but I see it as a problem of the society we have - not how we treat criminals.[/quote']

Yet you've already said that they've served their sentence.

I remember that day so well, was jogging round Mrsh Lane Police Station as all the cameras and press were there. A day or so later (I think) what happened came out.

The issue, sympathy I have with the family is that there was never any punishment. If anyone thinks punishment to be the confines of a small offenders in Newton Le Willows with other 'unruly' children then that's their belief and it wouldn't be mine.

I actually visited there, I think Thompson was there at that time, seemed like a controlled school, nothing more.

In my mind, that's the crux, when they reached maturity they should have served punishment, if for no other reason than to be fair on the Bulgers.

But it stank, still stinks and will stink until they have received retribution.

I do believe in rehabilitation, I grew up in Walton and have very little patience for the little cunts and parents of said cunts - but I see it as a problem of the society we have - not how we treat criminals.

There are far too man repeat offenders to believe rehab works. The concept of rehab might work better if Prison conditions were much much worse than they actually are. If Prison was 'hell on earth' it has a chance at least of putting straight criminals who continually cause minor offences. Murderers, rapists etc should be locked away for good. There needs to be a greater deterrent. The stuff teenage kid get away with these days is a joke, far too gobby, far too cocky.

Or you could say some people just have that inside them no matter what you do, they were kids when they done it and kids do stupid things that they don't understand, but what they done was not what any normal human being would do.

I can understand the arguments for not executing them (or people who commit similar acts) but for me they shouldn't be allowed to just get on with their new lives as if nothing has happened, they should be forced to be reminded everyday of the horrible act they committed by spending everyday of their lives in a cell.

Apart from category A prisons, prison life is a bit of a joke. My mate was banged up a few years ago and I've been to see him a few times, also with my job I've done interviews in prison. What struck me the most is that the only real punishment that ever seems to hit home with a lot of prisoners is just the inconvenience of being locked up, plus you only do half your sentence in prison and come out on "licence". Is that really a deterrent to anyone? If someone can put up with being locked up and inconvenienced for a year or so it wont bother them, prison needs to be scarier and more of a punishment to make the person think "fuck that I'm never doing that again".

With regards to reoffending and maybe why some people never seem to getbout of the cycle. When you come out no one is going to employ you because you've got a criminal record so what do you do for money?. Do you spend the rest of your time doing NVQ's and college courses in the knowledge that as soon as anyone finds out you've been inside for wounding with intent they will give the job to someone else or wait around for a few years until your conviction is spent?. If you've been doing a plumbing course and had no money for 2 years do you give in and rob someone or start selling drugs again?

• 4 months later...
The amount of people who look at those three kids involved in what happened and only see one victim never fails to depress me.

What about the parents of James Bulger?

I've read some of the interviews his father has conducted and it's incredibly upsetting. I think they have been very much shit on by many people or rather the justice system