You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United made enquiry for Vicente

Bob

I was speaking to some Spanish fans (Sociedad and Barca) last week about our supposed targets.Their views were:

Vicente - not going anywhere.The Valencia fans would lynch the Chairman if he was sold.

Reina - brilliant keeper - probably the best in Spain at the moment.

Millito - quite good but not by any means sensational.

Joaquin - on his way to Real.

I asked them about this Luis Garcia only a Barca substitute myth and they said it was bollocks - the Barca fans were gutted when he left.

I was speaking to some Spanish fans (Sociedad and Barca) last week about our supposed targets.Their views were:

Vicente - not going anywhere.The Valencia fans would lynch the Chairman if he was sold.

Reina - brilliant keeper - probably the best in Spain at the moment.

Millito - quite good but not by any means sensational.

Joaquin - on his way to Real.

I asked them about this Luis Garcia only a Barca substitute myth and they said it was bollocks - the Barca fans were gutted when he left.

I thought the bit about Garcia being a substitute had been put to bed a long time ago. As you say, it seems that the Barca fans were royally pissed off when Garcia left. We got a rough diamond. I think we will see an even better LG next season. He lacks consitency at times but he's one of the few players who can produce that little bit of magic. LG not just a brand of DVD player.

The situation with Garcia is crazy. I've spoken to some reds who really dislike him yet others who love him. One even said to me he'd rather have Diouf back! Suffice to say I gave him a slap.

I love 'lil Luis personally. 13 goals in his first season - same again please buddy.

The situation with Garcia is crazy. I've spoken to some reds who really dislike him yet others who love him. One even said to me he'd rather have Diouf back! Suffice to say I gave him a slap.

I love 'lil Luis personally. 13 goals in his first season - same again please buddy.

really?! I know some find him annoying when he gives the ball away or tries to be clever when a simple pass should have been made, but how can you dislike him or want Diouf back ffs? at least if luis tries something and it doesn't work he wont hide/sulk but will get the ball back and try sommat again. a proper footballer. and he can be quiet in a game then show 1 bit of magic and bang*. and he'll carry on playing injured for the team when no subs are left! Luis is ace!

* = goal.

Garcia has been f*cking ace. Like another poster said, he never hides even when things are going poorly for him. 13 goals for a player of such a slight frame in his first season in English football is fantastic. All these people that harped on about Cheyrou and Diouf needing time to settle in were talking rubbish. If a player is quality, as Garcia is, he makes an impression there and then and will only grow stronger the following term.

really?! I know some find him annoying when he gives the ball away or tries to be clever when a simple pass should have been made, but how can you dislike him or want Diouf back ffs? at least if luis tries something and it doesn't work he wont hide/sulk but will get the ball back and try sommat again. a proper footballer. and he can be quiet in a game then show 1 bit of magic and bang*. and he'll carry on playing injured for the team when no subs are left! Luis is ace!

* = goal.

absolutely 100% agree with that. There was a time this season when he had begun to piss me off a bit and i was beginning to think he was just a bit too fancy without the ned product. But then he went on a run of scoring a few important goals and that performance against the blueshite, net just the way he played, but the fact that he should have come of and was clearly injured but struggled on and fought for us was immense.

I think, although Xabi is patently a genius with a football, the attitude Garcia has shown to go from lightweight fancy dan to a player who will give his all for the team when hes not got possession and still do the tricks flicks and incisive runs when he has should be a role model for any other foreign players that might come to anfield.

edit: looks like that says im having a pop at Xabi, im not, his attitude is also exemplary, but he hasnt had to change his game at all, im sure he played exactly the same way before we got him, whereas garcia has really had to adapt to the physical side.

Totally agree with those sentiments - I couldn't believe what I was hearing when he said that!

Garcia makes things happen, its as simple as that. If he never tried things then he'd never have scored those 13 goals and we as a team wouldn't have scored as many. For a few years we have been calling for someone who's off the cuff and creative, now that he's some choose to highlight the negatives and things that he can't do.

We bought him to do the things he can and he's very good at doing them.

the last stat says it all.

Garcia was poor in his first few games, he did try unnecessary stuff, but he was just getting it together when he got injured. He then took a while to get fit and again took some stick. But Id say that since mid March, he's been great. And has adapted his game, acknowleding the fact that sometimes, with the pace of the prem, he needs to do the simple thing right rather than the flick on wrong.

If he stays fit next season i can see 15 prem goals and us doing very nicely thank you very much.

Garcia is a class little player, next season he should have really settled, he had a poor patch mid season, but you can't argue with 13 goals (though I still am convinced that his goal against Norwich was a total accident!! it did bring him back on form though...)

I would love to sign a Vicente or someone like him, and I', feeling the dispair of lack of transfer activity - I can only assume that this is either becuase everyone is on holiday or there are some intense negotiations going on!!

Why do you think we aren't looking at the likes of Aimar or Rosicky at the moment? Maybe the latter would be the key to Baros' international form, looking at the striker situation at the moment, I want Owen, Kuyt or noone (Keep Baros)

Garcia is a class little player, next season he should have really settled, he had a poor patch mid season, but you can't argue with 13 goals (though I still am convinced that his goal against Norwich was a total accident!! it did bring him back on form though...)

I would love to sign a Vicente or someone like him, and I', feeling the dispair of lack of transfer activity - I can only assume that this is either becuase everyone is on holiday or there are some intense negotiations going on!!

Why do you think we aren't looking at the likes of Aimar or Rosicky at the moment? Maybe the latter would be the key to Baros' international form, looking at the striker situation at the moment, I want Owen, Kuyt or noone (Keep Baros)

I'm starting to worry about the transfer activity. Crouch is a target obviously as is Milito and we are buying Reina.

After that its anyone's guess but i'm not too keen on the people we are linked with.

It's all rumour and conjecture until our Champions League fate is decided. After tomorrow, things will start moving and probs be sorted before June 27, when Rafa has them back for pre-seaon.

A little patience, my jedi friends....

I'm starting to worry about the transfer activity. Crouch is a target obviously as is Milito and we are buying Reina.

After that its anyone's guess but i'm not too keen on the people we are linked with.

Yeah, heard good things about Reina, but Milito is a massive unknown. At least Kuyt is playing for Holland so we can see a bit of him - but the other "official" targets are rather underwhelming, I was really hoping for some massive signings.

I think that we can safely assume that Vicente, Joaqim, SWP are all off the shopping list....

Totally agree with those sentiments - I couldn't believe what I was hearing when he said that!

Garcia makes things happen, its as simple as that. If he never tried things then he'd never have scored those 13 goals and we as a team wouldn't have scored as many. For a few years we have been calling for someone who's off the cuff and creative, now that he's some choose to highlight the negatives and things that he can't do.

We bought him to do the things he can and he's very good at doing them.

I've been downloading shit loads of stuff since the final win, and came across this on RAWK. The thread contains a montage of Garcia, and apart from it being just a great watch, it shows he has 2 great feet.

Plus, he just doesn't stop smiling! :yes:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,70625.0.html

I've heard nothing but good things about Milito. A Spanish mate of mine was desperate for Atletico Madrid (his team) to get him and apparently they were in for him before Real hijacked it. When it fell through Atletico had already gotten someone else (Collocini I think) so they couldn't get him. Thats why he went to Zaragoza.

Anyways as I say, everyone i've spoken to says he really good but only time will tell I suppose.

I can see Lil' Luis being even better next season as Rafa sets the team up to make the most of his tricks and goals whilst protecting him from his occasional defensive lapses. I'd like to see him play the Aimar role; he'd be awesome.

I can see Lil' Luis being even better next season as Rafa sets the team up to make the most of his tricks and goals whilst protecting him from his occasional defensive lapses. I'd like to see him play the Aimar role; he'd be awesome.

Gentlemen...I give you his performance against WBA at home. Made one and scored one. I don't see him as a winger either. he can do a job there but he's better playing off a striker or two.

i think thats why we wont sign Aimar.