You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Fair enough, I'll shed some light on what I'm referring to. Somebody linked a tweet responding to 'nine children killed' saying 'how are the Children fighting'. Howie then responded 'not effectively'. I generally don't respond to jokes about these sorts of things, because humour can be dark and full of terrors, so I let them go. Nobody finds it funny that Jews have been killed, nobody finds it funny that kids have been killed. Nobody here anyway.

Right, I must have missed that. Of course the actual answer is that the children aren't fighting, they're being used by Hamas as human shields, which is a war crime. I'm sure someone in this thread will criticise Hamas for that, one day.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Right, I must have missed that. Of course the actual answer is that the children aren't fighting, they're being used by Hamas as human shields, which is a war crime. I'm sure someone in this thread will criticise Hamas for that, one day.

Right, I must have missed evidence of that being posted in this thread. Of course, the actual answer is that anybody using anybody as a human shield is utterly reprehensible and sickening. In general - as, apparently, is testament to my ignorance of events - I find dead civilians, especially children, to be sickening. 

Now, about that evidence that the nine children being referenced were being used as human shields, so I can then make a more specific condemnation. Can I see it please. Alongside the ones where they were also simultaneously killed by misfiring rockets whilst being a human shield. 

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Pretty sure I speak for everyone on this thread when I say we wholeheartedly support everything Hamas has ever done. 

Indeed. I know I’m a big fan, as proven by my I <3 Hamas tattoo. And, if you find dead kids sickening, you have no idea what’s actually going on. 

Just now, Numero said:

Now, about that evidence that the nine children being referenced were being used as human shields, so I can then make a more specific condemnation. Can I see it please. Alongside the ones where they were also simultaneously killed by misfiring rockets whilst being a human shield. 

You know as well as anyone that Hamas terrorists embed themselves among civilians. This is not a new thing.

I don't know where you got the idea that children were simultaneously killed by misfiring rockets while being a human shield. A family of seven, including three children, were killed by a misfired Hamas rocket, which is not an unusual occurrence unfortunately, because those rockets are hugely indiscriminate. Other people, predominantly terrorists but likely including some civilians, were killed by Israeli strikes.

38 minutes ago, Numero said:

Why would I disagree? I don't think anybody being killed is a cause for jokes. I didn't think it when Nelly said it and I didn't think it yesterday when TheHowieLama made a joke bout dead kids. The difference here is that you reacted to one and not the other. Why?

What the fuck are you on about you clueless blert?!

Read the thread back to yourself slowly. The giant whoosh sound was funny enough the first time.

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What the fuck are you on about you clueless blert?!

Read the thread back to yourself slowly. The giant whoosh sound was funny enough the first time.

Why are you being a cunt? You were a cunt yesterday and you’re now being a cunt again. I’m not clueless, certainly not because you just typed a thing on the Internet. 

On 08/05/2021 at 08:15, TheHowieLama said:

Erm, I think something happened yesterday.

Going to sum this up for Liverpool Lad.

This is me ^^^^^pointing out the complete radio silence on this thread at the time

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Some serious shit going down.

The last few folks are doing joke twitter posts.  

Whatevz.

This is me pointing out its not funny.

16 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It doesn't sound like you know what is actually happening.

This is me knocking up Stronts reply  - very predictable reply 

Not very effectively.

This is me pointing out the absurdity of kids fighting.

Popping in?!

I have been waiting here patiently since Friday evening.

This is me pointing out that it was awhile before anyone had a say. 

16 hours ago, Numero said:

Thanks for waiting in here patiently since Friday to tell me that. I guess. 

This is you still not getting it.

53 minutes ago, Numero said:

Fair enough, I'll shed some light on what I'm referring to. Somebody linked a tweet responding to 'nine children killed' saying 'how are the Children fighting'. Howie then responded 'not effectively'. I generally don't respond to jokes about these sorts of things, because humour can be dark and full of terrors, so I let them go. Nobody finds it funny that Jews have been killed, nobody finds it funny that kids have been killed. Nobody here anyway.

This is you still not getting it.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Watching Iron Dome working is incredible.  Search for the vids on Twitter. 

Yeah saw that. Like something out of the future. Saving lots of innocent lives though. If only both sides had one.