You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Your definition of "jew baiting" sits proudly alongside your clouded definitions of reality. 

It's usually a tactic. But it seems like a reflex action with the dog. It's a spontaneous default. Say something even semi-critical about Israel and the pathetic twisting of words starts and all sorts of baseless accusations start. He's done it in the past day or do to me, you and the bloke who had his column cancelled. 

He's been brainwashed well. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

It's usually a tactic. But it seems like a reflex action with the dog. It's a spontaneous default. Say something even semi-critical about Israel and the pathetic twisting of words starts and all sorts of baseless accusations start. He's done it in the past day or do to me, you and the bloke who had his column cancelled. 

He's been brainwashed well. 

It's the "go to" mechanism for him when he gets asked something he doesn't like or knows will expose an untruth. 

Unfortunately this seems to be the same reaction for a large number of jewish accounts on twitter who don't realise the damage they do to the fight against actual anti-semitism. It absolutely isn't just jewish accounts though, people from all races and religions do more than their fair share of falsely accusing people of bigotry/racism when they get challenged. It's a card thats too easy to pull and often is the easiest way to shut down the person making valid observations. Basically there are cunts everywhere. 

SD said on here once that he isn't actually Jewish but will then accuse me of "negging the only jew" or "jew baiting" when I challenge him. Pretty disgraceful seeing as I don't have any ill feeling whatsoever towards judaism. Zionism? Yes, absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok my apologies, I may have got that wrong although I'm sure I recall it, I do definitely remember you saying that you are atheist and was brought up and atheist. 

He's (racially) Jewish by birth but doesn't practice the Jewish faith, I think?

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok my apologies, I may have got that wrong although I'm sure I recall it, I do definitely remember you saying that you are atheist and was brought up and atheist. 

Correct. Jews are a tribe of people, some of whom practice a religion called Judaism.

A tribe of people who are, incidentally, closely related to other near eastern peoples like Arabs and Persians, so you'll understand if I bristle a bit when the former are characterised as white people who like to kill brown people the latter.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Correct. Jews are a tribe of people, some of whom practice a religion called Judaism.

A tribe of people who are, incidentally, closely related to other near eastern peoples like Arabs and Persians, so you'll understand if I bristle a bit when the former are characterised as white people who like to kill brown people the latter.

Oh I don't personally think that "jews" are white people who like to kill "brown people". 

I think the forces of Israel kill innocent Palestinians. Is it ok to be pissed off at that? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I think the forces of Israel kill innocent Palestinians. Is it ok to be pissed off at that? 

I should think anyone who didn't get pissed off at innocent people being killed, regardless of their nationality, would not be a nice person.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's (racially) Jewish by birth but doesn't practice the Jewish faith, I think?

Yep I think that sounds right. not that it matters. Well actually it mattered when he accused me (and skids) of targeting the only jew on the holocaust thread for disagreeing with something he posted. That was abhorrent. 

Nobody mentioned Jews taking satisfaction at killing brown people, you dishonest ball bag. 

I said Zionists. Didn't mention Jewish people. Didn't mention white people. Some Jewish people don't like brown people getting killed. Some are appalled by it. As are some Zionists, to be fair.

But, some Zionists belittle these deaths. By posting photos of nice buildings in Palestinian territory to imply that they've got it good really, or asking their readers to "Enjoy" a story about the extra-judicial killing of an Iranian scientist. Or, by gathering on sofas at the "Sderot cinema" to watch and cheer on the bombing of many innocents, or Fauda, let's make a TV drama about the killing of the brown folk, or we could even gather in crowds and sing football style songs about dead school kids? 

I'm not in the slightest bit sorry if people twist my words and add their own words to falsely accuse me of things, to pathetically attempt to troll or to play the victim. But, it's an undeniable fact, some Zionists are vile, twisted people who revel in the deaths of the "other." 

57 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Nobody mentioned Jews taking satisfaction at killing brown people, you dishonest ball bag. 

I said Zionists. Didn't mention Jewish people.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/jeremy-corbyn-defends-zionists-and-english-irony-comments

Jeremy Corbyn has defended comments he made in 2013 claiming a group of Zionists had “no sense of irony” despite “having lived in this country for a very long time”. 

The Labour leader sought to clarify remarks he made at a conference in 2013, after leaked video footage of the event sparked calls for an apology.

In a statement issued on Friday night, he said he used the term “Zionist” in its “accurate political sense and not as a euphemism for Jewish people”.

He added: “I am now more careful with how I might use the term ‘Zionist’ because a once self-identifying political term has been increasingly hijacked by anti-Semites as code for Jews.”

I have to say I am getting increasingly fed up of being gaslit like this.

I don't know what's worse, the feigned outrage at a scumbag like Fakhrizadeh getting his just desserts, or the risible attempts at pretending that Zionism as a concept isn't irrevocably tied to Jewishness.

If you don't think Jewish people should have the right to national self-determination, at least have the honesty to come out and say it. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you don't think Jewish people should have the right to national self-determination, at least have the honesty to come out and say it. 

See, here you are with your dishonesty and bullshit again. Who on here has said that they don't?  Israel already has that. 

The brutality shown in the quest for a larger territory is nothing but pure evil and using the age old excuse you have above is essentially justifying their actions which is just vile.