You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Id say that sign on the bus stop isnt just referring to a recent mother and child story anyway. I saw videos of whole blocks of flats being blown up by Israel. 

Well, the fact they said 'again' means they're referring to more than just one incident. I've no idea what happened in this recent incident. Maybe they were also talking about the young boys they shot dead in recent weeks. It's not a new thing, or a one off, it's a recurring thing. It's nothing to do with blood libel, it's nothing to do with their Jewishness. It's to do with Israel being utterly horrific when it comes to foreign policy. It's a murderous regime, who sees Palestinians as sub-humans, treats them as such, and exterminates them as such. This is not a regime I'd want to go to bat for. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, the fact they said 'again' means they're referring to more than just one incident. I've no idea what happened in this recent incident. Maybe they were also talking about the young boys they shot dead in recent weeks. It's not a new thing, or a one off, it's a recurring thing. It's nothing to do with blood libel, it's nothing to do with their Jewishness. It's to do with Israel being utterly horrific when it comes to foreign policy. It's a murderous regime, who sees Palestinians as sub-humans, treats them as such, and exterminates them as such. This is not a regime I'd want to go to bat for. 

Great post. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This is not a regime I'd want to go to bat for. 

That makes two of us, then. Which is why you won't find a single example of me doing anything other than defending Israel's right to exist. Ever.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

That makes two of us, then. Which is why you won't find a single example of me doing anything other than defending Israel's right to exist. Ever.

I think we can all agree with that.

We won't find an example of you doing stuff like defending Palestine's right to exist or condemning Israeli violence, etc.

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think we can all agree with that.

We won't find an example of you doing stuff like defending Palestine's right to exist or condemning Israeli violence, etc.

This can all be filed away under "defending Israel's right to exist". Hence Stronts leaving sufficient wiggle room for absolutely everything.

Same with this -

"the only justification for taking a life is in the defence of self or others."

Just find a way of saying "they started it/Israel was defending itself" and bob's your uncle, you're covered.

• Upvote 2

On 13/05/2019 at 19:14, Nelly-Torres said:

One Day In Gaza on BBC 2 tonight. 

Looks interesting. Includes footage and accounts from both sides of the border on the day when the US embassy was opened in Jerusalem, when several Palestinian protesters were murdered. 

I wonder if we'll see any footage from the Gaza News Agency??? 

Finally got round to watching this. 

What a horrible bunch of murdering war criminals. Sickening. 

There were some people at the "border" who didn't help the overall cause, but the Israeli response to their actions was entirely disproportionate. As per usual. 

A horrific stat from this documentary was the one that claimed that the Israeli thugs shot a Palestinian roughly EVERY 30 SECONDS on the day the documentary was filmed. 

The bit when the Israeli drones fired tear gas on a field hospital where people, already injured, were then also subjected to the effects of gas was particularly distasteful. 

It was also interesting to see that the Israeli defence that they were only shooting people who approached the border fence quickly fell to pieces. There was the border fence. Then an additional, smaller barbed wire blockade about 100 metres from the border fence. Then there was a road about 200 metres from the smaller barbed wire blockade. This road was in Gaza. As was the barbed wire blockade. However, Israel had declared this zone between the road and the barbed wire blockade as a "military zone" and viewed anybody in it as engaging in military activities and, therefore, a legitimate target. Despite them being a relatively safe distance from the border fence and not being any threat to Israel's security. This didn't stop them shooting people who were in this area though. And, the children, women and paramedics who were shot whilst in this area? You'll never guess. They weren't targeted and must have been unfortunate victims from bullets that missed their original target or took an unexpected deflection or ricochet. 

Horrible fuckers. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Rest in peace, Aisha Lulu. A 5 year old. Passing away, frightened, alone, separated from her parents during one of the scariest moments of her short life. 

Monsters. 

Horrible. 

In the interests of accuracy (and because I like to use reliable sources, unlike the fake Gaza News Agency "source") I've since learned that the post about the young girl is slightly inaccurate. She actually died back in Gaza. However, she was in a near death state when transported back there and this minor amendment to the story doesn't detract from the behaviour of the monstrous Israeli shitbags. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1