Quantcast
Israel - A Rant - Page 45 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Rashid

Israel - A Rant

He’s probably bought into the IDF line that it was retaliation for Hamas firing two rockets into Tel Aviv, and is therefore justifiable 

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

@Strontium Dog

Just wondering why you negged this? Was it a revenge neg or do you, for whatever reason, support the bombing?

Outrageous anti Semitic suggestion. 

It's a tough one for me. Israel will always respond disproportionately. But, just take the first four words of that sentence. "Israel will always respond."

It would usually beg the question of why give them the motive to respond, if you know it's going to be OTT and slaughter even more innocents. But, then there's the whole robbing land stuff and waging a war against people other than in the conventional sense, which could produce an argument that rocket fire is retaliatory, rather than an initial act of provocation. 

But, these arguments are somewhat irrelevant if what the Israeli press are saying is true - that the rockets were set of accidentally during some sort of maintenence work. A claim which the Israeli intelligence agree with, according to the same press. But, still they bombed shit out of Gaza. 

Just now, Jairzinho said:

They aren't fucking responding. 

They occupy another country, for fuck sake. 

Yep. It’s the equivalent of someone coming into my house, killing my family, handcuffing me to the radiator and shooting me in the head if I have the temerity to throw a kick back at them. That, but legalised and justified by alpha brain fucking racist fruit loops 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They aren't fucking responding. 

They occupy another country, for fuck sake. 

I did kind of touch on that in my post. But, firing rockets gives them the opportunity to claim response. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I did kind of touch on that in my post. But, firing rockets gives them the opportunity to claim response. 

In the same way it does in Moof's example. It's utter, utter bullshit. You can't occupy another country and then claim to be responding when they inevitably resist occupation.

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hmn. Not sure I agree with stopping people from running for office, to be honest.

A state born out of the Holocaust should be a bit wary about giving Nazis a platform. 

I was more impressed with the decision to reverse the ban on the Arab-Israeli parties.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190318-a-british-palestinian-mp-seeks-recognition-for-palestine-in-the-home-of-the-balfour-declaration/?fbclid=IwAR0oGzyurH0xWcuzHznMRIVjnfC3ONZrPF_foakvsNSZ6YZDtVexkR8Dm-g

Britain’s first Member of Parliament of Palestinian descent is preparing for a historic debate on Friday to have the government give official recognition to the state of Palestine in what she says is probably the “most personal and poignant” piece of legislation she has submitted since arriving in Westminster.

Rising political star Layla Moran, a Liberal Democrat, sent shock waves through the ranks of the Conservative Party when she overturned a 10,000 majority at the 2017 General Election to take Oxford West and Abingdon which was previously regarded as a safe Tory seat. Now she’s making more waves with the second reading of her Private Members Bill this week to have Palestine recognised by Britain as a state...

... Saying that we believe in a two-state solution without recognising one of those states ourselves would be laughably hypocritical if it weren’t so damaging.”

In 2012, the UN General Assembly granted Palestine the status of a non-member observer state. To date, it has been recognised by 137 of the 193 countries in the world which are UN members.

According to Moran, her bill will pave the way for Palestine’s long “overdue recognition” as a state by the British government. “I am Palestinian,” she concludes. “There is a Palestinian state, and it is time for the UK to recognise that.”

I'm hugely ignorant on the subject of Israel but is it true the massive support for the state of Israel from American evangelists and the presure and money they apply to their government is because they believe in a prophecy that they think will lead to the second coming?. One that will ultimately lead to the death of most of Isreall and the middle East.

The US is fucking bonkers when you look at the wealth of some of these preachers, the cults the extreme views it's every single excess there is in humanity/civilisation the full spectrum, the absolute best and the absolute worst and everything in between.

• Upvote 1

After the filming ended, Mr. Steinhardt told her it was an “abomination” that a woman who looked like her was not married and said he would not fund her projects until she returned with a husband and child.

Haha, wtf. Couldn't just be a normal Zionist and hate the left could he, had to go and make a scene of himself. Maybe managing hedge funds sent him round the bend.

Hahahahahahaha @Strontium Dog has just been done. he promised he would leave if this ever happened.I don't want him to leave because ... well I don't and I'm sure most won't but.... he is gong to snuggle to be a non-lying shitfuckforbrains to this. 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahahahahaha @Strontium Dog has just been done. he promised he would leave if this ever happened.I don't want him to leave because ... well I don't and I'm sure most won't but.... he is gong to snuggle to be a non-lying shitfuckforbrains to this. 

If what ever happened?