You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I had a tenner on that response and a tenner on completely ignoring my question. I'm now 32 pence up. 

I answered your question as accurately as I could. What do you want me to say? Do you want me to lie and say it provokes strong feelings either way?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

1) I answered your question as accurately as I could. What do you want me to say? 2) Do you want me to lie and say it provokes strong feelings either way?

1) No you most certainly did not. 

2) Explain how that would be a lie .... 

Just now, moof said:

I thought your thing was condemning racism wherever you see it. How woefully inconsistent. Pathetic. 

No, you're right, I completely forgot to condemn Nelly for claiming that Jewish self-determination was inherently racist on the last page. My bad.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

1) I did actually

2) See 1)

We both know that you didn't. If that tweet was from an anti-zionist fella and we spun the words around you would have a fit over it. Do not lie to me (again) by saying you won't. 

Do you not agree that Zionism is racist? 

Erm, no, obviously. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting the existence of Israel. It is no more racist than supporting the existence of Britain or France.

• Downvote 1

Zionism ended in 1948. Anything after that point onwards became a racially motivated act of land theft and illegal colonisation and annexation. It's an inescapable fact. Zionism, which is a wide ranging term, in it's current and recent guise tramples all over the rights of those who aren't Jewish. It's inherently racist. 

Anybody who defends such racism is nothing but scum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Erm, no, obviously. I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting the existence of Israel. It is no more racist than supporting the existence of Britain or France.

Thats not Zionism though is it? 

Thats not Zionism though is it? 

Yes, that's exactly what Zionism is, or rather, that is the only common thread running through all types of Zionism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_Zionism

The principal common goal of Zionism was to establish a homeland for the Jewish people. Zionism was produced by various philosophers representing different approaches concerning the objective and path that Zionism should follow.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yes, that's exactly what Zionism is, or rather, that is the only common thread running through all types of Zionism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_Zionism

"a homeland for Jewish people" at the expense of the Palestinian people. That is wrong. I'm sick of people scared to stand up against a vile regime for fear of being called anti-semitic. Denounce Israel for killing innocent people , go on. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"a homeland for Jewish people" at the expense of the Palestinian people. That is wrong. I'm sick of people scared to stand up against a vile regime for fear of being called anti-semitic. Denounce Israel for killing innocent people , go on. 

A homeland for Jewish people does not have to be at the expense of anyone.

I have always denounced anyone who kills innocent people, including Israel. What a bizarre statement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

A homeland for Jewish people does not have to be at the expense of anyone.

I have always denounced anyone who kills innocent people, including Israel. What a bizarre statement.

For once a sensible comment. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

My main thought from this is how come SD gets to neg people about 200 times every day? 

Because thats how many negs he gets for the amount of shite he spouts. It is one rule for him and another for the rest of us. Otherwise he would call anti-semitism.