You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I was just curious as to why he took real offence to it.

Numero: "Gah, can't believe you brought up nazi propaganda you snidey under-handed cunt!"

aRdja: "How was that snide or under-handed given the context?"

Numero: "Because you brought up nazi and propaganda, you cunt!"

aRdja: "I see, but how was that snide or under-handed again?"

Numero: "Because you brought up nazi and propaganda, you cunt!"

As nauseam.

Nope, not quite. This is the last time I'm going to say it, you called his comments ignorant or evil by likening his terminology to nazi propaganda. In context, it was clearly neither of those things so you trying to make out as if it were some 'evil' or 'ignorant' antisemitism - I heard the Nazi's pushing the propaganda didn't like the Jews, maybe you can link me to a wikipedia page about it - is snide and underhanded. I hope this helps. If not, tough shit.

You know, I always find it funny when people who don't really have a clue what they're talking about try to get involved in subjects like this. They don't really understand how daft they are. It makes it quite challenging.

• Downvote 1

Nope, not quite. This is the last time I'm going to say it, you called his comments ignorant or evil by likening his terminology to nazi propaganda. In context, it was clearly neither of those things so you trying to make out as if it were some 'evil' or 'ignorant' antisemitism - I heard the Nazi's pushing the propaganda didn't like the Jews, maybe you can link me to a wikipedia page about it - is snide and underhanded. I hope this helps. If not, tough shit.

It was definitely an ignorant comment. Dennis admitted to it. You just made "anti-semitism" up in your head.

My dad wore a star of David on a pedant, I believe it was a present from his youth, although I never did find out the significance, or possibly did but cannot remember.

Anyway the main significance of Israel acting the bollocks is that I can't wear it without someone thinking I'm making a pro-Israel statement.

Halibut

Joking about gassing jews. Is this a new hipster thing?

No, black humour is a very old Jewish thing.

Most of the opinions in this thread are a joke, so I figured it would fit just right.

On my phone, so cannot see which humourless bastard negged me for it.

Most of the opinions in this thread are a joke, so I figured it would fit just right.

Calm down Derek Vinyard. It was me who negged you. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Are you saying referring to Israeli Jews as rates is not ignorant?

Fucking hell. Are you being deliberately obtuse. It was clearly a reference to the way the country and those who run it, regardless of ethno-religion. Yet you, like a snide and underhanded shithouse, keep trying to make it about calling jews rats, which would be anti-Semitic. If you can't see why it's snide and underhand, you're more ignorant than I thought; and believe me when I say that I already think you're massively ignorant.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, I thought it was funny. I'm probably just a Nazi and a Jew hater, though.

Fucking hell. Are you being deliberately obtuse. It was clearly a reference to the way the country and those who run it, regardless of ethno-religion. Yet you, like a snide and underhanded shithouse, keep trying to make it about calling jews rats, which would be anti-Semitic. If you can't see why it's snide and underhand, you're more ignorant than I thought; and believe me when I say that I already think you're massively ignorant.

Referring to jews (or the people of the jewish state) rats is not acceptable in any context. Similar to referring to blacks/africans as monkeys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is getting silly..

"Id just take away their us uk support nipples that breeds them like rats"

Who are "them" in the above sentence, Numero?

Well, surely you can work out who the US and UK support. Because it isn't the Jewish citizens if Israel, it's the state of Israel. Unless, of course, you think the F16s are being given to ordinary citizens.

You're right, it is very silly indeed. Perhaps not for the reasons you think.

I have absolutely no time for Israel but do people in general ever consider Israel beyond their shambolic treatment of Palestine?

For example, what are their economic policies?  How do they treat LGBTs?  Etc, etc.

Because for all their shithousery, I get the impression that, domestically, they are quite a progressive, liberal nation.

• Upvote 1

About two months ago they voted in what has been described as the most right wing coalition in the history of the country.

If you think that psychopath Netanyahu is bad you should check out Bennett of The Jewish Home Party. You couldn't dream up a more despicable cunt. Actually you could, Ayelet Shaked.

• Upvote 1