You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Surely it's a better defence to point out that the translation is wrong.

Obviously the fact that people take videos with phony translations at face value does explain a lot.

Interesting. 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

My Hebrew is a bit rusty, but is this even an Israeli state school?

Nah I think it’s an ultra orthodox right wing area one. God knows what they’re saying but I imagine there are a lot of pissed off kids on both sides. The terrifying thing is precious videos posted where (in English) young adults have been saying vile things about Arabs (I’m sure it’s reciprocated) and these are the impressions millions of kids will be getting. Fuck religion 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah I think it’s an ultra orthodox right wing area one. God knows what they’re saying but I imagine there are a lot of pissed off kids on both sides. The terrifying thing is precious videos posted where (in English) young adults have been saying vile things about Arabs (I’m sure it’s reciprocated) and these are the impressions millions of kids will be getting. Fuck religion 

My God’s bigger than your God

My God’s just in a different class

My God’s bigger than your God 

My God’ll kick your God’s ass! 

Enjoy it before ITV get it taken down again. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Surely it's a better defence to point out that the translation is wrong.

Obviously the fact that people take videos with phony translations at face value does explain a lot.

I didn't know you spoke Hebrew? What's the correct translation? 

EDIT: I'll send it to my friend who is Israeli. 

EDIT 2: What does it explain? I'd have believed it if it was Arabic too. Why? Because this stuff happens a lot with extremism. 

EDIT 3: Was all fabricated or one or two words 'fabricated'? 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

EDIT 3: Was all fabricated or one or two words 'fabricated'? 

I don't know how much of it has been made up. I just know that the bit where when the kids are asked what they feel when they met an Arab kid, they're not saying "I want to kill him" but rather "he wants to kill me". Obviously that's the most damning bit of the whole transcript.

38 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't know how much of it has been made up. I just know that the bit where when the kids are asked what they feel when they met an Arab kid, they're not saying "I want to kill him" but rather "he wants to kill me". Obviously that's the most damning bit of the whole transcript.

That’s what one blog seems to have claimed. That couple of words. Either way, not some phoney translation. I’ll wait from a more reputable source that ‘israellygood’ blog. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That’s what one blog seems to have claimed. That couple of words. Either way, not some phoney translation. I’ll wait from a more reputable source that ‘israellygood’ blog. 

Yeah, just a "couple of words" that changes someone's fear of death into a homicidal mania. It's nothing, really.

I suppose John F. Kennedy was only hit by a couple of bullets too. The pussy.

Yeah, I know what you mean about reputable sources, I mean what could be more reputable than a dodgily subtitled video from an anonymous Twitter account.

Please do report back when you have confirmed with your buddy that me, "Israellycool" and the journalist responsible for the original video, were all correct.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Please do report back when you have confirmed with your buddy that me, "Israellycool" and the journalist responsible for the original video, were all correct.

Woah, you claimed it wasn't reputable. You provide the evidence to back that claim up. John Kennedy was shot by a bullet, just like countless unarmed innocent Palestinians. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Woah, you claimed it wasn't reputable. You provide the evidence to back that claim up. John Kennedy was shot by a bullet, just like countless unarmed innocent Palestinians. 

The video is legitimate. The translation isn't. Happy to help.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is there a Palestillyreallycool?

Palestine and Israel mean the same thing. So... Israellycool?

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The video is legitimate. The translation isn't. Happy to help.

Palestine and Israel mean the same thing. So... Israellycool?

(citation needed) I know you struggle when actual evidence is presented to you and you cower away like the pointless flower in a shrubbery that you are but come on. There was more than just a line or two said in that that are disgusting. 

But I suppose I'm asking the same squirt who wouldn't condemn some truly evil and racist political statements so what am I expecting here? Nothing really, just not letting you get away with your in and out soundbites that are mostly a load of deflective bullshit. 

And as for the second line..... If that's so why are Israeli forces committing genocide against Palestinians? 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

"takes cover."

Relax, it's just etymology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel#Etymology

The name 'Israel' (Hebrew: Yisraʾel, Isrāʾīl; Septuagint Greek: Ἰσραήλ, Israēl, 'El (God) persists/rules', though after Hosea 12:4 often interpreted as 'struggle with God') in these phrases refers to the patriarch Jacob who, according to the Hebrew Bible, was given the name after he successfully wrestled with the angel of the Lord.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/palaestes

Etymology

Borrowed from Ancient Greek παλαιστής (palaistḗs, “wrestler”)

Palestine = Land of the Wrestlers. Named after the native inhabitants of the region.