You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

20 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The whole Middle East is a factional clusterfuck with proxies being played out all over the place and backed by all and sundry with various agendas.

I understand this, mate. The stuff in the wikipedia (c'mon, man) is very poor. Some guy just wrote 'In 2014, Qatar had pledged $400 million to Hamas'. Totally without citation. What they did was give a grant to Gaza, just in the same way boats full of aid give gifts to Gaza. It's not 'here, Izz ad-Din al-Qassam, buy some rockets. Horray for terror'. I mean, I'm aware the Middle East (an area in which I've travelled, studied, and taught about for many years) is a clusterfuck. I think what frustrates me most about threads like this on the internet is that most people have a skin-deep understanding of what's going on, then you get 'taught' things about Qatari involvement with Al Jazeera or how Hamas works from people who have never been there, who don't know anybody from there, or you get a wiki link (both you and SaaS just referenced it) with a 'read up about this', as if that's 1) an acceptable source of information, 2) I'd learn something from reading it that I've never read or experienced before. I don't expect intellectually rigorous, academic discussion but this is basically twitter does forums 2021. 

I dunno, I probably should close this thread for a bit. It's making me wince too hard. AP not knowing who is in the building indeed. Being lectured at yesterday by somebody who doesn't think there's a well known solution on the table was the point I should have just thrown up my hands and written it off as a bad job.

7 minutes ago, Numero said:

I understand this, mate. The stuff in the wikipedia (c'mon, man) is very poor. Some guy just wrote 'In 2014, Qatar had pledged $400 million to Hamas'. Totally without citation. What they did was give a grant to Gaza, just in the same way boats full of aid give gifts to Gaza. It's not 'here, Izz ad-Din al-Qassam, buy some rockets. Horray for terror'. I mean, I'm aware the Middle East (an area in which I've travelled, studied, and taught about for many years) is a clusterfuck. I think what frustrates me most about threads like this on the internet is that most people have a skin-deep understanding of what's going on, then you get 'taught' things about Qatari involvement with Al Jazeera or how Hamas works from people who have never been there, who don't know anybody from there, or you get a wiki link (both you and SaaS just referenced it) with a 'read up about this', as if that's 1) an acceptable source of information, 2) I'd learn something from reading it that I've never read or experienced before. I don't expect intellectually rigorous, academic discussion but this is basically twitter does forums 2021. 

I dunno, I probably should close this thread for a bit. It's making me wince too hard. AP not knowing who is in the building indeed. 

Knock youself out, there's loads more and it's there becuase they are doing it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40246734

https://www.bic-rhr.com/fr/node/135

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/middle_east_north_africa/qatar-saudi-arabia-uae-terrorism-middle-east-security-news-18271/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/lawsuits-by-us-victims-accuse-top-qatar-banks-and-charity-of-financing-terrorism-in-israel/2020/12/15/4ebea7fe-244a-11eb-a688-5298ad5d580a_story.html

https://www.thenationalnews.com/opinion/comment/the-world-cannot-keep-turning-a-blind-eye-to-qatar-s-funding-of-terrorism-1.900242

And a write up of US intelligence https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-113hhrg89738/html/CHRG-113hhrg89738.htm

It's all out there, why they are doing it is another problem.

I spend quite a lot of time in the ME, with some family in Qatar, who were fucked over by the blockade, and it's deeply concerning the game of chicken they seem to be playing in the ME.

I avoid this thread as much as possible as it's, as you say, twitter level.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It is. In 2014, you just had an obsessive hatred of Muslims. Nowadays, you've got an obsessive hatred of Muslims and transsexuals. 

Islamists. The blowy-up ones, the ones selling sex slaves, chopping heads off, driving cars at kids in prams, blowing up kids at concerts and girls trying to go to school? 

Now I’m against men who fuck kids going to women’s prisons. I mean what kind of monster I? 

Why did I allow myself to not see the true evil?  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

what exactly is wrong with them doing that? The brotherhood is not classed as a terrorist organisation is it?

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being an ultra right wing Islamist organisation.  Top set of lads. 

2 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

As opposed to right wing ultra Zionists? 

To make that point you’ll need to see where I said they were ok.  

Are there any other right wing extremists you are ok with?  Those in Poland, Hungary for example? 

35 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t you mean ‘the Jews’? 

Look at the state of this cunt. Literally just comes in to equate Israel with 'Jews'. Lots of Jews aren't Israeli, lots of Israelis aren't Jews. But then there's this cunt who tried to deflect from the bombing of children by shouting 'Jews' every two minutes. Absolute prick.

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Israel are still shelling and killing innocent civilians, why? 

It's been asked before and not answered, but okay. What's your solution for taking out rocket-firing terrorists that doesn't risk harming innocent people at all?