You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Just a reminder that Britain shat on Palestine back in 1948 having made their country the home of Israeli's, against their will and protest.  Israel then formed terrorist groups to not only kill Palestinians, but also hung a couple of British soldiers, and killed lots more.  Britain then went, 'fuck this', and decided to have nothing to do with Palestine.  

So all the MP's now can wind their fucking necks in. 

50 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I must say I would be astonished to learn Hamas are particularly scrupulous where they launch from, or where they put entrances to the tunnels, or would they use the same building with the journalist for intelligence purposes. I would definitely do it.

They deliberately place themselves in schools and hospitals, I don't know why it would be off-limits for them to place themselves in a building used by the media. It's exactly what I would do if I was a terrorist with no scruples, looking to maximise bad publicity for the other side.

I wouldn’t put it past them either. Just as I wouldn’t put it passed Israel to use it as an excuse to bomb the press, considering what we know about Israel and who they target and how they act. That’s why we need evidence. Not just the word of terrorist murderers like Israel or rebuttals if terrorist murderers like Hamas. Especially when the associated press are concerned. I know who is believe over Al Jazeera and the AP over Israel or Hamas. 

13 minutes ago, Numero said:

I wouldn’t put it past them either. Just as I wouldn’t put it passed Israel to use it as an excuse to bomb the press, considering what we know about Israel and who they target and how they act. That’s why we need evidence. Not just the word of terrorist murderers like Israel or rebuttals if terrorist murderers like Hamas. Especially when the associated press are concerned. I know who is believe over Al Jazeera and the AP over Israel or Hamas. 

Maybe AP, Al Jazeera and Hamas are funded by the same government. There was something a couple of years back how Al Jazeera English is very different from Al Jazeera Arabic in balance of its news.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Maybe AP, Al Jazeera and Hamas are funded by the same government. There was something a couple of years back how Al Jazeera English is very different from Al Jazeera Arabic in balance of its news.

AP. The Associated Press. Probably the most credible news organisation in the world, just ahead of Reuters. The non-profit, 160 year old, 54 time Pulitzer Prize winning, world renowned and respected Associated Press? The AP that operates out of 100 countries. Funded by the same people as Hamas? 

Maybe, yeah. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just a reminder that Britain shat on Palestine back in 1948 having made their country the home of Israeli's, against their will and protest.  Israel then formed terrorist groups to not only kill Palestinians, but also hung a couple of British soldiers, and killed lots more.  Britain then went, 'fuck this', and decided to have nothing to do with Palestine.  

So all the MP's now can wind their fucking necks in. 

Ridiculous. Delusionally ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Al Jazeera is funded by the Qatar government and doesn't even pretend to be neutral. Qatar's support for the Muslim Brotherhood, of which Hamas is an offshoot, is long-standing, and has put them at loggerheads with the Saudi/UAE/Bahrain axis, with which Israel has recently become quite friendly. Fair to say Qatar is firmly in the Iran camp in the Middle East, and Iran are funding and arming Hamas as part of their proxy war against Israel.

I doubt that AP are directly receiving moneys; any succour AP gives to Hamas is more likely to be along the lines of mutual back-scratching.

57 minutes ago, Numero said:

AP. The Associated Press. Probably the most credible news organisation in the world, just ahead of Reuters. The non-profit, 160 year old, 54 time Pulitzer Prize winning, world renowned and respected Associated Press? The AP that operates out of 100 countries. Funded by the same people as Hamas? 

Maybe, yeah. 

I should have probably put "Maybe AP." (full stop). "Al Jazeera..." (new sentence)

It would have been clearer. I wrote Maybe AP ("we could definitely trust over Israel, as a reply to your quote" (comma), Al Jazeera...

A little bit of good will would help. AP are clearly not funded by the same (Qatar) government as Al Jazeera and Hamas. The rest of the post makes is clear I was referring to Al Jazeera. That's why the comma was after AP, not after "maybe". 

19 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I should have probably put "Maybe AP." (full stop). "Al Jazeera..." (new sentence)

It would have been clearer. I wrote Maybe AP ("we could definitely trust over Israel, as a reply to your quote" (comma), Al Jazeera...

A little bit of good will would help. AP are clearly not funded by the same (Qatar) government as Al Jazeera and Hamas. The rest of the post makes is clear I was referring to Al Jazeera. That why the comma was after AP, not after "maybe". 

Thanks for clarifying. As written, it read it as something different to your intent. 

Can you please show how Qatar funds Hamas? I’m not investing in talking Gaza’s infrastructure. I mean Hamas themselves. Honestly, this is tenuous at best. The US and UK fund/supply/support the terrorist state of Israel, is every other investment from those countries also guilty of Israel’s crimes? This is daft on a number of fronts. First Al Jazeera is a very well respected news organisation, secondly, on this topic AP were in the building. Even if - as clearly hasn’t been anywhere close to proven - all this conjecture was correct, AP was still there. It’s nonsense. It’s made up nonsense. Israel are a heinous, vengeful, murderous regime and they strike kids, civilians, and press with impunity. Unless somebody can show something that shows how the Associated Press are harbouring Hamas intelligence - as if they have such a thing in any practical sense - then I’m inclined to believe the world respected organisation and not the well known liars and manipulators with a massive propaganda wing. 

21 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The crossing to Gaza was opened for humanitarian aid to get through, and Hamas repeatedly shelled it with mortars, killing two Thai workers. Why?

Two killed in strike launched from Gaza: Police

Israeli police say two Thai workers inside Israel have been killed in a strike launched from the Gaza Strip.

Seven others were wounded in the afternoon attack that hit a packaging plant in southern Israel, police said.

31 minutes ago, Numero said:

Thanks for clarifying. As written, it read it as something different to your intent. 

Can you please show how Qatar funds Hamas? I’m not investing in talking Gaza’s infrastructure. I mean Hamas themselves. Honestly, this is tenuous at best. The US and UK fund/supply/support the terrorist state of Israel, is every other investment from those countries also guilty of Israel’s crimes? This is daft on a number of fronts. First Al Jazeera is a very well respected news organisation, secondly, on this topic AP were in the building. Even if - as clearly hasn’t been anywhere close to proven - all this conjecture was correct, AP was still there. It’s nonsense. It’s made up nonsense. Israel are a heinous, vengeful, murderous regime and they strike kids, civilians, and press with impunity. Unless somebody can show something that shows how the Associated Press are harbouring Hamas intelligence - as if they have such a thing in any practical sense - then I’m inclined to believe the world respected organisation and not the well known liars and manipulators with a massive propaganda wing. 

I cannot "show" how they fund it, it is mentioned in articles, on Wikipedia, I believe it is something generally accepted as true. They may give money to the Palestinian government in Gaza, I don't know, Qatar knows that the money will end up with Hamas. Qatar funded some of Syrian rebels. Al Jazeera is what it is, they are respected and reliable as long as something doesn't clash with Qatari interests. There were some documentaries and reporting from Libya where you always had to know who they like there to be able to take everything with the right pinch of salt.

I don't think AP was harbouring Hamas intelligence, as I understand it was not their building, they just had offices there. It is possible that Hamas used part of the building in some cover or another. It is possible that AP didn't know Hamas intelligence may be using the building. They are not going to put a sign on the door, saying "Hamas Intelligence, by appointment only".

From how I view Israeli strategy and tactics, I don't fully understand what would they gain by deliberately going after huge bad publicity targets, unless a value target was somehow mixed in there.

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The crossing to Gaza was opened for humanitarian aid to get through, and Hamas repeatedly shelled it with mortars, killing two Thai workers. Why?

Nice of Israel to open routes for humanitarian aid into Gaza while they continue to bomb the fuck out of including medical facilities. Maybe Hamas didn't trust Israel to appear to give a fuck? 

1 hour ago, Numero said:

It's pretty much common knowledge, they have been a disruptor in the region and have thrown cash at Hamas, ISIS, Syrian groups, Al-Qaeda etc. The reasons are less obvious, though regional influence is most likely with the Sunni/Shia split.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_and_state-sponsored_terrorism#:~:text=Qatar has sponsored al-Qaeda's,2013 due to leadership conflicts.

The whole Middle East is a factional clusterfuck with proxies being played out all over the place and backed by all and sundry with various agendas.

Al Jazeera ME is a much different proposition to Al Jazeera worldwide as well, it's like chalk and cheese the editorial policy.

Obviously no way justifies the above, but is a little more context.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

How much military funding did the USA give to Israel just last year? The UK also helps the Israeli military. I'm sure in the west we get the full picture...... 

Another question that doesn't meet the agenda being ignored.