You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

I think the one thing Israel could never be accused of doing is taking proportionate action. They definitely play by Chicago rules. Still, there's a nice quote about being the change you want to see in the world. I think if Palestine had a Mandela or a Gandhi they wouldn't be in this hopeless and unwinnable situation.

"Chicago rules" is a glib and deeply illiberal way to describe crimes against humanity.

Mandela led an armed resistance movement. Maybe Arafat was the Palestinian Mandela you're looking for.

Do you seriously imagine that a nonviolent Palestinian resistance movement could win in the face of relentless, racist, US-backed aggression?

Well, I don't see the Palestinians winning an actual war against Israel. Even the entire Arab world couldn't manage that. That doesn't leave many options other than peaceful resistance.

What do you think the periods between the sporadic uprisings consist of?

There are countless demonstrations, appeals to the international community, strikes, etc.  How far does that get them?

http://www.msf.org/en/article/palestine-msf-teams-gaza-observe-unusually-severe-and-devastating-gunshot-injuries

MSF medical teams note the injuries include an extreme level of destruction to bones and soft tissue, and large exit wounds that can be the size of a fist.

“Half of the more than 500 patients we have admitted in our clinics have injuries where the bullet has literally destroyed tissue after having pulverized the bone”, said Marie-Elisabeth Ingres, Head of Mission of MSF in Palestine. “These patients will need to have very complex surgical operations and most of them will have disabilities for life.”

-------

Further, the 4 dead today include a 14 year old boy shot in the back of the head and a man in his 20's who had part of the top of his skull blown away.

Utter filthy, murderous scum.

As a liberal, are you not appalled by a state operating "Chicago rules" of violence against civilians?

I don't actully know what "Chicago rules" means but it does seem a rather casual way if describing atrocities.

I don't actully know what "Chicago rules" means but it does seem a rather casual way if describing atrocities.

Think Sean Connery in The Untouchables- "They put one of ours in the hospital; we put one of theirs in the morgue."

Now scale it up to the point where Sean Connery is using a wàrship to murder children playing on a beach.

I think what I’m getting tired of is the way in which being Jewish has absolutely nothing to do with religion and instead acts more like a trade union.

I’m much more worried about Islamaphobia, which is almost certainly something that will mean I’m anti-Semitic.

Meh. Suck a dick.

Hang on funnneeeee, acts like a trade union? Care to expand?

Bit like what you’re doing now.

“Whoa, what did you say, or insinuate, about our religion/ethnicity/country/history? We’ll get our heavies (USA) to teach you a lesson”

“But I was just questioning why a group of rich people should be running global media and credit lines”

“Oh, I bet you were, all the Jews yeah?”

“No, I don’t think the Bilderberg group are Jewish, just greedy insidious cunts”

“You are anti-Semitic”

“Why?”

“As if you don’t know”

“What?”

“My grandfather was in Auschwitz”

“I’m not sure why you’ve brought that up”

“Because we thought anti-semitism was behind us”

“”I hate racism and xenophobia, of all kinds”

“You should hate anti-semitism more than you hate anything else”

“I’m tired and I need to stop walking to you”

“I’m going to share with conversation with David Baddiel on Twitter, and some Tories”

“Fucks sake, you’re actually making me dislike you now”

“Disgusting”

“Apparently so.”

Bit like what you’re doing now.

“Whoa, what did you say, or insinuate, about our religion/ethnicity/country/history? We’ll get our heavies (USA) to teach you a lesson”

“But I was just questioning why a group of rich people should be running global media and credit lines”

“Oh, I bet you were, all the Jews yeah?”

“No, I don’t think the Bilderberg group are Jewish, just greedy insidious cunts”

“You are anti-Semitic”

“Why?”

“As if you don’t know”

“What?”

“My grandfather was in Auschwitz”

“I’m not sure why you’ve brought that up”

“Because we thought anti-semitism was behind us”

“”I hate racism and xenophobia, of all kinds”

“You should hate anti-semitism more than you hate anything else”

“I’m tired and I need to stop walking to you”

“I’m going to share with conversation with David Baddiel on Twitter, and some Tories”

“Fucks sake, you’re actually making me dislike you now”

“Disgusting”

“Apparently so.”

Nice rant, still don't get your point about trade unions.

Three Palestinian protesters shot dead and two in critical conditions last night. These guys march with the knowledge that they will be shot. Real sad times.

I think we sold some of the snipers used to murder civilians there. Makes you proud to be British. Supporting Saudi Arabia and Israel, two of the most hateful countries on the planet.

• Upvote 1

Fuck off, aRdja, you big terrorist apologist.

They were probably throwing rocks as well.

https://972mag.com/youre-far-more-likely-to-be-killed-protesting-in-gaza-than-firing-a-rocket/134952/

Israeli military forces have killed more unarmed Palestinians participating in the Great Return March protests in Gaza since March 30, during which time no rockets or mortars were fired into Israel, than it did in the preceding 16 months during which time Palestinian groups fired dozens of projectiles into Israel.

https://972mag.com/youre-far-more-likely-to-be-killed-protesting-in-gaza-than-firing-a-rocket/134952/

Israeli military forces have killed more unarmed Palestinians participating in the Great Return March protests in Gaza since March 30, during which time no rockets or mortars were fired into Israel, than it did in the preceding 16 months during which time Palestinian groups fired dozens of projectiles into Israel.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable national defence strategy behind all these killings.

Move along, nothing to see here.