You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

3 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Actually that is not the impression I get from either side. Rather the fear is exhibited by the Israeli's. On the left the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of the oppressive policies of the Netanyahu government. On the right the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of antisemitism. 

One thing that unites Israeli's is fear of the future, so spending their entire history trying to get people to fear them has been somewhat counterproductive. 

I get your point, if I were in their position I would not insist on this doctrine of responding to every attack with such force that every other attacker would think twice before moving against them. I would either look for win-win solutions or be more Machiavellian. But looking at where they are now, they seem to know what they are doing.

13 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Actually that is not the impression I get from either side. Rather the fear is exhibited by the Israeli's. On the left the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of the oppressive policies of the Netanyahu government. On the right the fear is the world is turning their back on them because of antisemitism. 

One thing that unites Israeli's is fear of the future, so spending their entire history trying to get people to fear them has been somewhat counterproductive. 

Israel’s policy seems to be like many right wingers, one of “I will do, say, lie, murder and act how ever I want but you dare not criticise, insult, question my lies or fight back because then how dare you ! I am the victim” 

• Upvote 1

Enemies of Palestine love citing Article 7 of the Hamas Charter, to show how anti-Semitic Hamas are and why it's perfectly legitimate to kill everybody in a tower block, just in case some of them are Hamas activists.  There's no doubt that the old quote about rocks and trees conspiring in the murder of Jews, which was inserted into Article 7 of the original charter, is horribly anti-Semitic.  That may be one of the reasons it was dropped when Hamas adopted a new charter in 2017.

Here's the current Hamas charter. 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hamas-2017-document-full 

Unfortunately for twats like the author of that article, it's just not as racist or scary as the charter it superseded.  You can't use this to justify the killing of civilians.

20210523_000350.png

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, much better to be on the same side as the "Hitler was Right" lot.

What side's that? I mean his own supporters have been known to do the Nazi salute and he's widely regarded as Britains biggest facist but let's not fry your brain out with reality YET AGAIN 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What side's that? I mean his own supporters have been known to do the Nazi salute and he's widely regarded as Britains biggest facist but let's not fry your brain out with reality YET AGAIN 

Just one example.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/bbc-journalist-hitler-was-right-

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Sorry what question is that answering? I mean I'm on the side of humanity and on this side the view is very much that hitler was not right at all and is in-fact an evil horrible disgusting example of the vile behaviour the human race is capable of. Try again. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s amazing how no one seems to be bothered by it.  Or the call to boycott M&S. Now why M&S in particular? 

Something to do to with people hating Jews, no doubt. Because we love other people killing kids, we only object when it’s Jews because we hate them. 

Yawn.