You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well you should be yeah, all things should be questioned. Another example is that photo from that Echo article about that bellend Sine Missione. It's clearly a photoshopped picture (the sing and the font look too clean and fresh for a sign that's been out on a rainy day all day, and the hands holding the sign are small compared and out of proportion with the body that is holding it.

I know it has happened, I mentioned it in my post, you appear to be playing the man instead of the ball here.

Both fucking bad mate, both dead bad.

What even is that Sine Mission stuff. I see the graffiti everywhere. Is he Liverpools answer to David Koresh? 

56 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well we’re up to 105 pages now insulting each other re our opinions about a small war taking place thousands of miles away but I’m struggling to see any positive ideas. Does anyone have any genuine viable suggestions as to how this conflict could be resolved ? 

Send Marmite. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/de-bono-s-marmite-plan-peace-middle-yeast-740189.html

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What even is that Sine Mission stuff. I see the graffiti everywhere. Is he Liverpools answer to David Koresh? 

Well, it's the wrong thread for start. For some reason I thought it was posted in here. But it's not. It's in the Coronavirus one.

Koresh was just claiming to be the Messiah, this fella is a flat earther. I'd follow Koresh all day long before that twat Missione.

59 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well we’re up to 105 pages now insulting each other re our opinions about a small war taking place thousands of miles away but I’m struggling to see any positive ideas. Does anyone have any genuine viable suggestions as to how this conflict could be resolved ? 

Get both sides to take Butcher's advice. 

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well, it's the wrong thread for start. For some reason I thought it was posted in here. But it's not. It's in the Coronavirus one.

Koresh was just claiming to be the Messiah, this fella is a flat earther. I'd follow Koresh all day long before that twat Missione.

Out of rep 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

"Small war? you seen the pic on the front page of the guardian of that little kid being dug out of the rubble? I think/hope the girl survived, sadly hundreds of others kids haven't been so lucky. 

I've got a few suggestions how to stop it,.the western world puts an immediate boycott on the purchase of Israeli goods, also an indefinite ban on Israeli athletes and teams competing in sporting and cultural events until their is a full ceasefire and Netanyahu is removed from power, the man's a mass murderer.

11 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don’t think the UN or the west did much to stop 800,000 including women and children being hacked to death by machetes in Rwanda. I’m not trying to be “what about” re this, I’m making the point that some conflicts seem to get a disproportionate amount of publicity and emotion compared to others. I think it’s in part becuase these killings are taking place live on telly every night whereas there is hardly any footage of the massacres that took place in the Rwanda or the Congo.

In one of the articles I posted the other day, it mentioned that Associated Press had more reporters covering Israel/Palestine than it did the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa (50 countries) and that this was entirely typical where news operations were concerned.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

In one of the articles I posted the other day, it mentioned that Associated Press had more reporters covering Israel/Palestine than it did the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa (50 countries) and that this was entirely typical where news operations were concerned.

Boko Haram could keep a few busy. But will  the Nigerian flag look as good painted on a wall in Islington? 

• Downvote 1

Ok they made a pigs ear of it but the UN set up a mission with the aim of ending the Rwandan conflict. 

I can't believe how anti-semitic people are for talking about bombs being dropped on innocent people today when 28 years ago thousands of Rwandans were butchered! 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

That’s both astonishing and understandable. It’s a self perpetuating process, the horrific killings get lots of publicity so people get cross and engaged with the subject so the press feed them more news which drives more clicks on web sites and so it goes on. It’s also lazy pragmatism on behalf of the journalists. Israel is easy to get to from London, is pretty safe once you are there and not host to deadly viruses like Ebola. You can imagine as a journalist given a war in central Africa or Israel which one you would choose to cover. 

Yes, a self-perpetuating cycle is exactly what it is. People care, or at least profess to, about things that they're aware of. If people are never made aware of what is happening in Sudan or Somalia or Mauritania or Eritrea or Rwanda etc etc, then it's difficult for them to have any thoughts or express an opinion about it. You can't really blame people for being kept in the dark by the media, except for the things the media decides they should know. I dare say if there were as many journalists in Nigeria, we'd have a "Nigeria - A Rant" thread too. There are many agendas at work here.

• Upvote 1