You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Well being a bit of an expert on one of those outlets content it was easy enough to decipher:

Police have arrested a man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and dangerous driving following an incident after protests in Nottingham.

A video began circulating on social media following the incident, which took place in Fisher Gate at around 3pm on Saturday.

A man suffered leg injuries as a result of the incident, which remains under investigation.

Nottinghamshire Police have confirmed that a 51-year-old remains in police custody after being arrested on Sunday.

Could be Fisher Gate in Nottingham, could be Fisher in Poinsett County, Arkansas and either way its the arabs fault 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

To be fair he was only sharing the tweet. 

Yes. One tweet. From a list of tweets he picked one tweet out. I linked some of the others under that comment. You have to query why somebody would pick one set of comments out from the rest, then only link that tweet. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Cheers. 

I love the ignore function.  

I love that you put me on ignore. Almost as much as I love how you feel the need to continually state how you’ve got me on ignore, as if you clicking a button somehow makes you morally superior. It genuinely sums you up as a person. Knowing that you actually read my posts and occasionally reply is funny. Rent. Free. 

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Implying it's not in Nottingham. 

To be fair to Sasa, unless you are from the area and know exactly where that is or know what Nottingham looks like (before the report of 51 year old man being arrested was released) it could be anywhere in the country.

It's not very conclusive it was in Nottingham on that vid alone and not really conclusive that it is bad as it has been made out. Not to say that it hasn't happened, but I wouldn't put my whole backing into that video alone.

EDIT: And it's a twat of an accent.

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

To be fair to Sasa, unless you are from the area and know exactly where that is or know what Nottingham looks like (before the report of 51 year old man being arrested was released) it could be anywhere in the country.

It's not very conclusive it was in Nottingham on that vid alone and not really conclusive that it is bad as it has been made out. Not to say that it hasn't happened, but I wouldn't put my whole backing into that video alone.

EDIT: And it's a twat of an accent.

So we can pretty much say the same about most videos ever posted online then? 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/man-arrested-after-incident-following-5421309

It happened. 

And as far as your "EDIT" goes you are absolutely spot on. Not as bad as Derby but still awful. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well we’re up to 105 pages now insulting each other re our opinions about a small war taking place thousands of miles away but I’m struggling to see any positive ideas. Does anyone have any genuine viable suggestions as to how this conflict could be resolved ? 

"carpet bomb them" 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well we’re up to 105 pages now insulting each other re our opinions about a small war taking place thousands of miles away but I’m struggling to see any positive ideas. Does anyone have any genuine viable suggestions as to how this war could be stopped ? 

A small war? It’s a well known major geopolitical issue that is the root of a lot of problems in the region. It’s not just a small war thousands of miles away, not when you consider the UKs interference and pivotal role in the formation of the country and continual role in supporting it. 

As for solutions, there’s a well known, well established, well detailed solution that has been on the table for a long time. I’m not sure what good would come from offering different, alternative solutions on TLW. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/man-arrested-after-incident-following-5421309

It happened. 

And as far as your "EDIT" goes you are absolutely spot on. Not as bad as Derby but still awful. 

U wot m8?

Negged. I hope the IDF are reading this shit and drop a missile through your letterbox 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Let’s be realistic, nothing good comes from many of these conversations. Look at the beans on a fry up controversy. I’m just trying to understand what the possible answers are.  I don’t think there is a well established solution on the table so please summarise. 

"carpet bomb them" 

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Haha. I always thought it was a pretty neutral accent here.

It's basically brummie but without the extra effort! 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If you look at the number of deaths, it’s a tiny war historically. More people died in a single day in 9/11 than have been killed by the IDF in the last ten years. 5 million people died in the Congo wars (which were basically funded by the sale of rare earth materials to put in computers abs mobile phones), another 800,000 died in Rwanda, maybe 500,000 in Iraq. So yes I think it’s a tiny war in 20th century historical terms. Quite why it generates so much attention and anger compared to other more lethal conflicts is the question that nobody answers. 

Maybe it's the fact that whilst all those other wars had some sort of UN and or 'allied' involvement, the worlds stands by and lets Israel massacre innocent civilians without the threat of aggression in retaliation. 

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It happened. 

Well you should be yeah, all things should be questioned. Another example is that photo from that Echo article about that bellend Sine Missione. It's clearly a photoshopped picture (the sign and the font look too clean and fresh for a sign that's been out on a rainy day all day, and the hands holding the sign are small, at a strange height and out of proportion with the body that is holding it.

I know it has happened, I mentioned it in my post, you appear to be playing the man instead of the ball here.

Both fucking bad mate, both dead bad.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If you look at the number of deaths, it’s a tiny war historically. More people died in a single day in 9/11 than have been killed by the IDF in the last ten years. 5 million people died in the Congo wars (which were basically funded by the sale of rare earth materials to put in computers abs mobile phones), another 800,000 died in Rwanda, maybe 500,000 in Iraq. So yes I think it’s a tiny war in 20th century historical terms. Quite why it generates so much attention and anger compared to other more lethal conflicts is the question that nobody answers. 

Not only is your last sentence wrong, I actually answered it in the post you quoted. You clearly don’t know much about this issue, judging by your comments about solutions, so I’m honestly not sure what the point is going over it. If you don’t even know about the solution that has been the subject of a number of UN resolutions, peace processes, and conferences, for 70 years, that is mentioned in most news reports and most debates, there’s just no point. The solutions are clear, the will to make it happen in governments is not.