You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

This is leftists who are by and large the peaceful side of the political spectrum. The side that often fights for equality and human rights. This disgusting piece of shit is hidden behind his Dad and his cunt murdering government. 

In New York last week there was an the funeral of an Orthodox Jew. Those in attendance (In their hundreds) refused to disperse and paid no heed to social distancing instructions. When they were challenged on this, have a guess what the shout was???? Anti-Semites. 

That phrase "anti-semite" gives them almost a force-field to get away with what the fuck they want.

"Don't break the law!"

"aaah anti-semite, quick tweet that he is an anti-semite so all our anti-semite hunters can attack this anti-semite for attacking the jewish race and Israels right to a free land!!!!" 

Fuck off. 

• 2 weeks later...

An ironic point of light - some good news about the BDS campaign.

https://www.palestinecampaign.org/palestine-solidarity-campaign-defeats-uk-government-over-pensions-divestment/

PSC is delighted to announce that we have won a great victory in the battle to defend the right to take action in the UK in support of Palestinian rights.

Since 2017 we have been fighting the UK Government in the courts, protecting the right to undertake BDS campaigns in the UK. We won in the High Court, then lost in the Court of Appeal, but today the final verdict from the Supreme Court is in – and we have won!

With support via submissions from the Quakers, Campaign Against Arms Trade and War on Want and with a huge body of small donations from thousands of members and supports to fund the legal challenge, we have managed to defeat regulations that would have stopped Local Government Pension Schemes from divesting from companies complicit in Israel’s oppression of the Palestinian people, and additionally from divesting from the UK defence industry.

The Supreme Court has ruled in our favour and the regulations the Government introduced in 2016 are now finally and definitively declared illegal and thrown out.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2005 at 20:26, Strontium Dog™ said:

Sensible answer no 2 - Because the alternative scenario sees them compete against other nations in the Middle East.

Not a Good Idea.

SD remember when you said tat back in 2012 (around then) that there was a glitch that allowed you to rep old posts.... why did you go back and rep this one from 2005? 

Anyway... looks like this bastard is continuing to be disgusted that he has been caught out being an absolute cunt

https://nypost.com/2020/05/24/benjamin-netanyahu-attacks-israels-justice-system-as-trial-begins/

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Scum. I wonder if this will get as much attention as the murder by scummy authority we've just seen in the US? 

#PalestinianLivesMatter

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/30/israeli-police-shoot-dead-palestinian-man-jerusalem

Nope because they won’t let the media properly report it. 

It's a daily occuramce there.   Two murdered in cold blood in the last 24 hours.  Including one with special needs. 

Almost four billion a year aid from the good oul USA.   Yet people think trump is the biggest problem with that absolute shit stain of a country. 

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He's been named as Eyad Hallaq. 

Apparently, one of the officers involved thought that he was a terrorist "because he was wearing gloves*" 

What an absolutely shitty attempt at an excuse by these murderous scumbags. 

*or, because he was a bit brown. 

Or because they are violent trigger happy racist cunts 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2020 at 19:36, Nelly-Torres said:

He's been named as Eyad Hallaq. 

Apparently, one of the officers involved thought that he was a terrorist "because he was wearing gloves*" 

What an absolutely shitty attempt at an excuse by these murderous scumbags. 

*or, because he was a bit brown. 

Seems to be the season for it.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.972mag.com/jericho-annexation-jordan-valley-apartheid/

The view from my grandparents’ house in Jericho, the city where I grew up, looks on to the mountain ridges of the Jordan Valley that thunder down into the Dead Sea. Over the horizon of those mountains, from a Mediterranean Sea that lies beyond my reach as a resident of the occupied West Bank, would come the most beautiful sunsets. I always wondered if my ancestors, who lived on the same land, enjoyed this view as much as I did.

My family, the Barahmehs, are one of the indigenous clans of Jericho, their roots in the Jordan Valley going back centuries. Yet from an early age, I — like my father and grandfather — realized that the valley no longer belonged to “us.”

Shortly after our occupation in 1967, Israel began building settlements like Mitzpe Yericho, Yitav, and Kalia around Jericho and throughout the Jordan Valley, where they have grown and remained to this day. These colonial and expansionist policies did not begin with the Likud or other right-wing parties, but with the Labor Party. Such land theft and annexation have always been a central part of Israel’s institutional identity, cutting across generations of Palestinians.

Looking at a map of the West Bank today, Jericho appears as an isolated, Palestinian island surrounded on all sides by an encroaching ocean of Israeli-controlled land and Jewish settlements. While I have had the privilege of traveling the world, there are places just a few kilometers away from my home that I have never visited because Israel does not allow me to. As Palestinians holding green ID cards, Israel segregates us through a tiered identification system which determines where we can or cannot go. To visit Jerusalem, the city where I was born, I would need an Israeli military-issued permit.

I was never more confronted by this reality than when, at age 19, I tried to visit Kalia Beach on the northern shore of the Dead Sea in the occupied West Bank. Although it is a 15-minute drive away from Jericho, these beaches are owned and run by Israelis. They are “supposed” to be open to us Palestinians, but immediately upon arrival, I was racially profiled and denied entry. To them, I was an unwanted “guest” on the very shores my ancestors frequented for centuries.

If you ask Palestinians in the Jordan Valley how they feel about annexation, many will tell you that they thought we had already been annexed long ago. This is why we cannot help but ridicule the world’s growing, alarmist, and existential outcry as we approach July 1 — the date the Israeli government has pledged to begin advancing “de jure” annexation.

This outrage is not about us Palestinians. If it was, the world would have listened to us years ago. Rather, it is about those who are keeping alive a grand illusion that allows them to sleep at night instead of addressing the systematic oppression Palestinians face. That grand illusion is the failed Oslo paradigm that never reflected the horrific reality Israel was shaping on the ground, together with the bankrupt “peace process” that was designed to satisfy the world’s imagination and remove its imperative to act. For those protecting that illusion, the façade of the two-state solution is far more important than the suffering of millions.

I do not know what will happen on July 1, or what exactly Israel plans to formally annex. But I do know that the continuum of Israeli policy, which seeks to fulfill the vision of Greater Israel, will proceed incrementally. For decades Israel has taken our land and water, restricted our movement, destroyed our economy, displaced our communities, and ended our lives, all while treating us as lesser human beings — simply because we are Palestinian. And after all this, the world still thinks we have not yet crossed the Rubicon.

The world should not be surprised by what happens on July 1. It should instead be outraged that we have been forced to live under a system that affords freedom and rights based on ethnicity. Under this system, we Palestinians are either unfree, unequal, or both depending on if we are citizens of Israel, residents of Jerusalem, occupied subjects in the West Bank and Gaza, or refugees awaiting return. It is a system where being Palestinian can sometimes mean the difference between life and death. A system that blatantly enshrines supremacy and domination of one group of people over and another.

The Palestinian struggle today is not just about fighting annexation, which we must continue to do. It is about dismantling the entire system of apartheid. The world must recognize this reality for what it is, and impose political and economic pressure on Israel to dismantle that system. If the world is more interested in maintaining the current reality because it feeds a convenient façade, then the world itself is complicit.

Instead of maintaining this grand illusion, what we need now are systematic solutions that build a new social contract between the river and the sea, where everyone can be free with equal rights. This is not about who you are or where you from, or whether you are Palestinian or Jewish — it is about the values you stand for. We cannot let another generation of Palestinians grow up under apartheid.

If you ask Palestinians in the Jordan Valley how they feel about annexation, many will tell you that they thought we had already been annexed long ago.

They were. They were annexed by Jordan between 1950 and 1967.