You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Funnily all the headlines are about Rockets being fired into Israel, but the rockets are in retaliation to air strikes that took place earlier into Gaza. 

No agenda.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/12/palestinians-fire-rockets-israel-assassinates-islamic-jihad/

Palestinians fire rockets after Israel assassinates Islamic Jihad commander in Gaza

Israel assassinated a senior Islamic Jihad commander inside the Gaza Strip early on Tuesday, prompting a barrage of retaliatory rockets from Palestinian militant groups and leaving both sides bracing for serious escalation. 

Israeli warplanes killed Baha Abu al-Ata with an airstrike in Shejaiyah, near Gaza City. The Israeli military said al-Ata was responsible for several recent rocket strikes and was planning “to commit immediate terror attacks”. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/gaza-militants-fire-rockets-into-israel-after-islamic-jihad-leader-killed

Gaza militants fire rockets into Israel after Islamic jihad leader killed

Militants in Gaza sent a barrage of at least 50 rockets over the border into Tel Aviv early Tuesday, vowing further revenge after the Israeli military carried out a pair of targeted airstrikes on senior Islamic jihad commanders in Gaza and in Syria.

“The response to this crime will have no limits,” Islamic Jihad said in a statement.

I notice that the likes of Collier and others are trotting out the vile "Pallywood" tag to suggest that some of the attacks and deaths/injuries are being sensationalised or made up. 

It's a huge double standard. It's not something I buy into myself, but I find it somewhat hypocritical that the far right Israeli nationalists can play down deaths, but would cry foul if other acts of military murder were questioned or minimised. Just imagine the uproar if someone referred to "Holowood"?? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I notice that the likes of Collier and others are trotting out the vile "Pallywood" tag to suggest that some of the attacks and deaths/injuries are being sensationalised or made up. 

It's a huge double standard. It's not something I buy into myself, but I find it somewhat hypocritical that the far right Israeli nationalists can play down deaths, but would cry foul if other acts of military murder were questioned or minimised. Just imagine the uproar if someone referred to "Holowood"?? 

Why has this been negged? Fucking scumbag you @Strontium Dog™ 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Oh look at all those kids getting slaughtered. It's the perfect timing for a Gaza/Gazza joke. 

Vile bitch. 

Amazing how many lifelong anti-racists can’t spell Islamophobia. Also they seem a bit obsessed with Gazza. He was great n all but, bit weird.

Oh come now, the nation's sweetheart, valiantly fighting the good fight on, erm, Twitter, only stopping to bring a new angel into what she hopes will be a country free from the stench of tyranny-

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's a march from 2014 by Orthodox Jews against changes to the draft law.

You seem made up to have pointed that out. Bit sick really. 

I saw a video of orthodox jews rioting in the street in London because one of them got a parking ticket. They were hitting the warden and even in the comments section I saw the traffic warden being called anti-semitic for daring to put a parking ticket on one of their cars. Do they have their own rules and refuse to abide by others that don't suit them? Genuine question.