You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Fuckin hell Stronts!  I guess that makes me anti-semitic!

On reflection, I think you weren't serious, and have removed my reaction accordingly, but "Jews did 9/11" jokes are probably best avoided altogether.

15 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

On reflection, I think you weren't serious, and have removed my reaction accordingly, but "Jews did 9/11" jokes are probably best avoided altogether.

Can I ask why? I've never made them jokes or implied Jewish involvement myself. I believe it was terrorists as reported (although I do think there is more to it than meets the eye). I have seen enough conspiracy stuff suggesting Jewish involvement and the Rothchilds profiting hugely off it. 

What is different about joking about Jewish involvement as me saying that the Welsh did it? 

I'm not being confrontational I am genuinely curious. 

18 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Of course I wasn't!  It was a sarcastic comment on that trope of Jew did 9/11 in a (poor) attempt at humour on this thread which is (sometimes) a slanging match!

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can I ask why? I've never made them jokes or implied Jewish involvement myself. I believe it was terrorists as reported (although I do think there is more to it than meets the eye). I have seen enough conspiracy stuff suggesting Jewish involvement and the Rothchilds profiting hugely off it. 

What is different about joking about Jewish involvement as me saying that the Welsh did it? 

I'm not being confrontational I am genuinely curious. 

I think it's a pretty sensitive subject. The claim of Jewish involvement in 9/11 has been used to persecute Jews, especially in the Middle East. I would just urge caution around the topic, that's all.

9 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I think it's a pretty sensitive subject. The claim of Jewish involvement in 9/11 has been used to persecute Jews, especially in the Middle East. I would just urge caution around the topic, that's all.

Has it?

What about the millions of innocent Muslims? Have they not suffered? 

4 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yes, it has.

What Muslims are you referring to?

I haven't seen anything like that, can you provide any evidence? (Again, I am genuinely unaware that Jews have specifically suffered as a result) 

All innocent Muslims have 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I haven't seen anything like that, can you provide any evidence? (Again, I am genuinely unaware that Jews have specifically suffered as a result) 

All innocent Muslims have 

It's hard to quantify it, as it's just one of dozens of antisemitic canards that are used to justify persecution. The Pittsburgh synagogue shooter invoked numerous conspiracy theories, for instance. Should we divide his 11 victims by the number of conspiracy theories he believed in?

I've no doubt innocent Muslims have suffered as a result of terror attacks perpetrated by other Muslims. Surely it's a separate issue, though.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

It's hard to quantify it, as it's just one of dozens of antisemitic canards that are used to justify persecution. The Pittsburgh synagogue shooter invoked numerous conspiracy theories, for instance. Should we divide his 11 victims by the number of conspiracy theories he believed in?

I've no doubt innocent Muslims have suffered as a result of terror attacks perpetrated by other Muslims. Surely it's a separate issue, though.

How is it a separate issue? Are you saying the synagogue shooter shot it up because he thought that Jews were responsible for 9/11? What about the Christchurch shooter? I am sure the majority of the rhetoric he was exposed too stems from 9/11 and the events that came after it? 

I don't get how it is a separate issue if you are claiming one race has suffered when others clearly have and dare I say a hell of a lot more? 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How is it a separate issue? Are you saying the synagogue shooter shot it up because he thought that Jews were responsible for 9/11? What about the Christchurch shooter? I am sure the majority of the rhetoric he was exposed too stems from 9/11 and the events that came after it? 

I don't get how it is a separate issue if you are claiming one race has suffered when others clearly have and dare I say a hell of a lot more? 

It's a separate issue because it is, unfortunately, a fact that the September 11th attacks were perpetrated by Muslims. Whereas it's a malicious lie to say it was perpetrated by Jews - it is incitement to victimise.

The very fact that Muslims are held collectively responsible for 9/11 by morons surely shows why it is dangerous to Jews for them to be held collectively responsible for it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

It's a separate issue because it is, unfortunately, a fact that the September 11th attacks were perpetrated by Muslims. Whereas it's a malicious lie to say it was perpetrated by Jews - it is incitement to victimise.

The very fact that Muslims are held collectively responsible for 9/11 by morons surely shows why it is dangerous to Jews for them to be held collectively responsible for it.

But the point is Strontz that 'the facts' are being questioned. I am not saying it is right but I am saying it is not that separate an issue. 

The people widely accused of doing this are Muslims but some would suggest that they were actually just an evil side of humanity as opposed to labelling them as Muslim. I've not heard of one instance where a Jew has been hounded/abused/murdered because of a belief that they had something to do with 9/11. The muslims had a war thrust upon them across the Middle east and still to this day they are victims of vile racism not just in the States but worldwide on a far bigger scale than before 9/11. 

On 29/07/2019 at 13:37, Bjornebye said:

The people widely accused of doing this are Muslims but some would suggest that they were actually just an evil side of humanity as opposed to labelling them as Muslim. 

Well, they were.  They labelled themselves as Muslim and specifically labelled their acts as support to the most radical interpretation 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...