You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

I can only guess at what his agenda is. But if he's going to ignore Palestinian protesters being killed by Hamas and only mention Palestinian protesters killed by Israel, then neutral observers are entitled to draw their own conclusions.

Neutral observers and yourself.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

They don’t let it. They fund and arm it. 

Yeah I know ourselves and the US gov are funding/arming it, kind of lost hope with them unless there's changes at elections. Would be good if the UN could do something but with their broken system the US and/or UK would just veto it anyway. Maybe Sanders will be able to change things if he gets elected, and I suppose that leaves some hope. Not gonna help them now though obviously.

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The situation is surely a long, long way beyond any need for false flags?

Forgot to say : thanks for recommending Method and Madness. Got it not long back and almost through it now. Had to have several breaks from reading it because it often winds me up reading about how sick the situation actually is, but it's good for detailing some of the past assaults on Gaza and learning more about what's happened over there.

Have got another Finkelstein book (Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict) and On Palestine by Chomsky and Pappe to read next. Would say I'm looking forward to reading them but I never am really when it comes to subjects like this, it's just good to learn/understand more.

Cunts on both sides but mainly on the Israel side. They have been killing and bombing the Palestine side for ages. A solitary rocket gets fired back and the media have a massive want over it. Then you have got that murdering cunt Netanyahu basically saying that they are going to unleash hell in retaliation. 

Agendas? Fucking hell. yes. Massive agendas. Its a disgrace, I hate the media with so much passion its unreal. I see daily videos from war monitor etc on twitter of Israel troops beating young kids and women in the street or shooting them. Where is the worldwide outrage to that? Fucking nowhere because Israel won't allow it. Horrible cunts. 

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Forgot to say : thanks for recommending Method and Madness. Got it not long back and almost through it now. Had to have several breaks from reading it because it often winds me up reading about how sick the situation actually is, but it's good for detailing some of the past assaults on Gaza and learning more about what's happened over there.

Have got another Finkelstein book (Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict) and On Palestine by Chomsky and Pappe to read next. Would say I'm looking forward to reading them but I never am really when it comes to subjects like this, it's just good to learn/understand more.

Think I read On Palestine about six months ago. Basically a conversation between Pappe, Chomsky and someone else whose name I've forgotten.

*googles*

Frank Barat.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cunts on both sides but mainly on the Israel side. They have been killing and bombing the Palestine side for ages. A solitary rocket gets fired back and the media have a massive want over it. Then you have got that murdering cunt Netanyahu basically saying that they are going to unleash hell in retaliation. 

Agendas? Fucking hell. yes. Massive agendas. Its a disgrace, I hate the media with so much passion its unreal. I see daily videos from war monitor etc on twitter of Israel troops beating young kids and women in the street or shooting them. Where is the worldwide outrage to that? Fucking nowhere because Israel won't allow it. Horrible cunts. 

That's exactly it. 

The agenda is stop fucking murdering people and treating them like shit. And for the rest of the world to hold them to account instead of giving them a free pass. It's gone on for fucking years now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is “gravely concerned” by the recent developments in Israel and the Gaza Strip and urges all sides to exercise maximum restraint, U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-un/u-n-chief-concerned-by-israel-gaza-developments-urges-restraint-idUSKCN1R621H

Great job UN. That'll teach em.

51 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Erm... yeah they do?

Not when these assaults start they don't, and I think the first sentence in that tweet is the key to it. They don't usually take into account anything that happened before it or mention what issues the Palestinians might have that led them to launch the rockets in the first place.

It's not as if you usually read or hear journos saying something like "Israel hit by another rocket attack from Gaza, which comes after Israeli sniper fire continues," or see any headlines like that. You can see it way further down in the articles of some outlets, but it's almost an afterthought once they're done discussing the rocket attack, where it hit, who was or wasn't injured, what the Israeli gov said as a response, what might happen next, etc.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Not when these assaults start they don't, and I think the first sentence in that tweet is the key to it. They don't usually take into account anything that happened before it or mention what issues the Palestinians might have that led them to launch the rockets in the first place.

It's not as if you usually read or hear journos saying something like "Israel hit by another rocket attack from Gaza, which comes after Israeli sniper fire continues," or see any headlines like that. You can see it way further down in the articles of some outlets, but it's almost an afterthought once they're done discussing the rocket attack, where it hit, who was or wasn't injured, what the Israeli gov said as a response, what might happen next, etc.

They report the news. It's all reported. Some more vigorously than others, some better than others. The tweet is quite easily verifiably wrong, though. 

I think the very worst aspect of the reporting isn't that they don't report atrocities from Israel, it's that they frame the situation as a "conflict". This gives people who only skim read stories about Israel/Palestine the impression that it's some sort of 50/50 battle. Rather than an apartheid with oppressors and the oppressed.

The "who fired first" tale is very useful for Bibi and the rest of the fucking Israeli nutters.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

They report the news. It's all reported. Some more vigorously than others, some better than others. The tweet is quite easily verifiably wrong, though. 

The tweet can be seen as right or wrong depending how you look at it. The first sentence is right and I took the tweet as leading from that point. If you wanted to say it's wrong you'd have to focus on the second part, and argue that because some outlets also mention the sniper fire further down in some of the articles where the first rocket attack is reported, that the tweet is wrong because of that. There could also be some outlets that mention the sniper fire as they open the reporting, but I've not seen it personally.