You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Its almost like there could be a third option, where someone isn’t anti-Semitic but keeps saying things as close to that line as they possibly can to try and goad someone they’ve had a really fucking boring internet point-scoring feud with on the subject for years.

It’s definitely not that, obviously.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I was joking.

No, you first mentioned children’s blood and now you’ve mentioned him feasting on blood. If you think it’s a joke or in some way funny, you’re bang fucking wrong. It’s quite possible to object to the actions of Israel and Netanyahu without resorting to the racist accusations which have historically been used to stoke hatred and murder of innocent people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, you first mentioned children’s blood and now you’ve mentioned him feasting on blood. If you think it’s a joke or in some way funny, you’re bang fucking wrong. It’s quite possible to object to the actions of Israel and Netanyahu without resorting to the racist accusations which have historically been used to stoke hatred and murder of innocent people. 

I did no such thing. Stop being hysterical. 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I did no such thing. Stop being hysterical. 

16 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Netanyahu must be thirsty and running low on the blood of Palestinian children.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Would anybody really be surprised if Netanyahu did feast on Palestinian blood?

Are you aware of how Internet forums work?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's nothing to step back from.

I've said in an unnecessarily dramatic and wordy way that Netanyahu is thirsty for blood, a.k.a bloodthirsty.

I've clearly said that one person is bloodthirsty and that I meant that as he has thousands of deaths on his hands. And continues to slaughter. I've said he's bloodthirsty for Palestinian blood. I've in no way suggested that he kidnaps Christian children, kills them and then uses their blood for religious ceremonies or to use when kneading matzos. Which is pretty much the extent of what blood libel is. 

I thought the ellipses after the Channel 5 post might have gave away that that comment was made somewhat in jest too. I wasn't doubling down at all. 

Christ, when accusing a murderous war criminal, who incidentally has killed thousands of children, of being bloodthirsty becomes taboo then, stop the world, I'm getting off. 

That we've jumped from a comment that one particular Jewish person is bloodthirsty (because....er....they are!....not because he's Jewish....but because he's a murderous thug....oh, see below, murderous is a synonym of bloodthirsty, am I allowed to call him murderous or is that wrong too?) to invoking all sorts of fallacious imagery of Jewish people systematically going around kidnapping kids to drink their blood, to make that leap suggests to me that it mightn't be me who's is allegedly buying into the fallacious canards of the past. 

bloodthirsty
/ˈblʌdθəːsti/
adjective
  1. having or showing a desire to kill and maim.
    "a bloodthirsty dictator"
    synonyms:

murderous, homicidal, violent, sadistic, warlike, bellicose, bloody;

I’ve not taken issue with the use of the word bloodthirsty.

But after your exchange with AoT you were pushing the drinking actual blood stuff unnecessarily, and it did come across as trying to get a rise out of some posters, even if you didn’t mean that. 

Anyway, I'm done in here (for now). I'm getting bored of the baseless antisemitism claims. 

This forum scrapes the barrels of humour at times. It's a better place for it. Accordingly, I reserve my right to say inflammatory things about Netanyahu. And I particularly defend my right to call him a bloodthirsty/thirsty for blood/whatever variation on that theme you wish to use shitehawk. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, you first mentioned children’s blood and now you’ve mentioned him feasting on blood. If you think it’s a joke or in some way funny, you’re bang fucking wrong.

17 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Netanyahu must be thirsty and running low on the blood of Palestinian children.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Would anybody really be surprised if Netanyahu did feast on Palestinian blood?

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You're simply lying. 

Righto. Thanks for answering my question. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Righto. Thanks for answering my question. 

You've implied that I've indulged in blood libelling - a specific thing. 

Can you quote the posts were I've repeated the blood libel about Jewish people kidnapping and killing CHRISTIAN children and using their blood in religious ceremonies or to make flatbreads etc? 

You've suggested that I've indulged in the following: 

"It’s quite possible to object to the actions of Israel and Netanyahu without resorting to the racist accusations which have historically been used to stoke hatred and murder of innocent people." 

Again, I'm assuming you're referring to blood libelling. And historical antisemitic violence and the holocaust. So, I'll ask again, where have I said that Netanyahu kidnaps and kills Christian children? And uses their blood for religious ceremonies and baking? I simply haven't. You're lying. 

How has saying that Netanyahu is bloodthirsty for Palestinian blood, be that children's or adults, "been used to stoke hatred and murder of innocent people?", if we're acting on the basis that you're suggesting that blood libelling was a precursor that built up to the holocaust? Time travel? I'm referring to a specific individual, a specific example. I'm struggling to see how an empirically verifiable claim in the here and now was used to stoke hatred in the past. Your point would have legs if I'd have indulged in blood libelling - in the specific, defined sense of the thing (kidnapping, Christian children, murder, blood used for ceremony or baking etc), but it's been established above that I simply haven't done this. 

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I have not, nor have I ever accused you of antisemitism. So I’ll leave it there.

No. You haven't. 

To clarify, I started my main rebuttal of the cheap accusations by replying to your point about the Channel 5 post. I would've quoted you if I was replying exclusively to you. The remainder of the post was a general reply. I accept that you haven't made such accusations and apologise if my post read as if I was accusing you of accusing me. 

Firstly, you clearly don’t know what blood libel is, as it’s not just Christians, secondly if you think I’m going to back up something I’ve not said, you’re out of you’re mind. Finally, you basing your liar accusation off of something I’ve not done is getting annoying. 

If you can’t see that mentioning him being thirsty for the blood of children and that you wouldn’t be surprised if he feasts on blood, is borderline, then you’re beyond help. Enjoy your time away from the forum. 

54 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Imagine, the kind of twats who allow love and hope to persist in the face of violence and hatred.

Those people are the worst!

Also quite possible that they might've just been feeling a bit randy.

Happens to the best of us.