You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Along with dates.

It was easier to feel pious during the boycotts against South African Apartheid, because we were refusing to buy stuff we otherwise might buy.

At the level of individual purchases, support for the BDS movement feels a bit hypothetical. 

Sabra hummus is boss

The Israeli hypocrisy is strong with this one. If you even try to approach Israel's borders, you get shot. Yet, the war criminals send a hit squad into Gaza. Given their indifference to Palestinian lives, I guess the Israeli nationalist leaning press and population will be saying that it's this soldiers own fault for infiltrating foreign territory? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1061760058399383554

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Israeli hypocrisy is strong with this one. If you even try to approach Israel's borders, you get shot. Yet, the war criminals send a hit squad into Gaza. Given their indifference to Palestinian lives, I guess the Israeli nationalist leaning press and population will be saying that it's this soldiers own fault for infiltrating foreign territory? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1061760058399383554

It's OK, though.  Those killings were, according to the BBC, non-violent killings: the violence only started after  the killings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46185653

BBC Gaza Violence.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 12:02 AM, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hooray for Hollywood!

https://themindunleashed.com/2018/11/hollywood-stars-60-million-israeli-army.html?fbclid=IwAR1E0BkGlxb5-hhQnyiChf-tped_-E4zw0Sjp3uwW5XEx_4yA_EXYyK75XM

Hollywood celebrities raised a record breaking $60 million for the Israeli military at the Friends of the Israel Defence Forces (FIDF) annual gala last week.

This year’s sold-out Western Region event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel welcomed more than 1,200 supporters of Israel, including prominent actors and singers like Ashton Kutcher, Pharrell Williams, Gerard Butler, and Katharine McPhee.

Gerard Butler's house has been destroyed in wildfires.

_104274732_ea462625-cc6e-4516-aef2-5be2f

The world's smallest violin was discovered in the rubble.

Edit - That face looks familiar, though...

• Like 1

Netanyahu must be thirsty and running low on the blood of Palestinian children. They're itching for their every 2 or 3 year slaughterfest. They're doing their best to create the environment/pretext for it with last nights shocking acts, followed by making out like they're the victims when Hamas partake in retaliatory rocket fire. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Incidentally, I think any terminology that invokes images of Jews being thirsty for the blood of children is, y'know, best avoided.

Other terminology is available.

Isn't bloodthirsty a widely used term, used to describe somebody who exhibits a strong desire to kill - meaning murderous etc? 

I think it's entirely appropriate to use such a term to describe the thug that is Netanyahu. 

On another note, I'm genuinely amused that somebody is still reading my posts and temper negging them. Appeasers gonna appease...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Isn't bloodthirsty a widely used term, used to describe somebody who exhibits a strong desire to kill - meaning murderous etc? 

I think it's entirely appropriate to use such a term to describe the thug that is Netanyahu. 

True.  But then there's other context that just ends up undermining and detracting from the point you're trying to make.

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Incidentally, I think any terminology that invokes images of Jews being thirsty for the blood of children is, y'know, best avoided.

Other terminology is available.

You make it seem as if it was innocent or accidental.

He knows what he's doing.

It's quite astounding that we're getting a bit tetchy that a war criminal who has approximately 5,000 (a very conservative estimate) Palestinian deaths on his hands since he came to power in 2009 is being described as bloodthirsty. 

No mention of jews. No mention of kidnapping and murdering of Christian children. No mention of blood being used in religious rituals. 

We've been here before. Haterz gonna cry wolf...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, this gaslighting stuff relies largely upon plausible deniability. But eventually the doubt runs out. There must be a million ways to criticise Israel without invoking the drinking of children's blood. I just ignore it now, eventually these types go too far and say something in front of the wrong people.

• Downvote 1

The terminology - "bloodthirsty" would be bad enough, "thirsty for children's blood" is worse - has got an obvious anti-Semitic ring to it.

There are two good reasons to avoid thst sort of language.  

The most important one is not to gratuitously offend people who hear that shit from Nazis. Just don't be that person. 

The second is that it invites people to dismiss objections to Israeli government and military crimes as being motivated by hatred of Jews. It's much better to keep your message clear.

• Upvote 1

The message is clear. Netanyahu is bloodthirsty. He has been for years. The message is being blurred and deliberately misinterpreted by others, not me. 

There's been no claim that Netanyahu drinks children's blood. There's been a claim that he is happy and prepared to order the slaughter of children. The word bloodthirsty has a clear, specific meaning. Which doesn't relate to actually drinking blood. This pathetic deflection needs to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The terminology - "bloodthirsty" would be bad enough, "thirsty for children's blood" is worse - has got an obvious anti-Semitic ring to it.

I don’t think describing anyone like Netanyahu as bloodthirsty is in any way anti-Semitic. I can see your point regarding the other phrase.

• Upvote 1