You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Since March, more than 200 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza.

One Israeli soldier has also been killed, so it's probably legitimate self-defence; I'm sure it's OK.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/Israeli-fire-kills-six-Palestinians-Gaza-March-Return-protest-908358250

Brazenly committing 31 war crimes as they know that nobody will try to stop them.

Scum.

https://www.maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=781433

JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- The Israeli Defense Minister, Avigdor Lieberman, announced on Thursday that he expects the Israeli government to approve the construction of 31 new illegal settlement housing units in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron.

Lieberman announced his intention to have the Israeli government approve the construction of 31 news illegal settlement housing units, in Hebron City, on Sunday.

He posted a tweet on his official Twitter account that the illegal settlement plan includes new housing units, kindergartens and public parks.

"We continue to strengthen the Jewish settlement in the West Bank with actions, not words."

The NGO settlement watchdog, Peace Now, and the Hebron municipality have issued an appeal to the Israeli Civil Administration against the plan.

In response to Leiberman's announcement, Peace Now said that "nothing harms Israel’s reputation as much as construction projects for Israeli settlers in Hebron City."

"Instead of evacuating them, the government surrenders to extremists and seems intent on forcing us away from peace."

Member of the Israeli Knesset Stav Shaffir of the Zionist Union political party, accused Lieberman of providing favors to an "extremist minority that is endangering the entire country" and criticized the announcement by saying "Instead of security -- political impotence."

Shaffir also said "Netanyahu and Lieberman did not eliminate Hamas as they promised, on the contrary. Terror attacks continue, the south is under fire, there is no solution to Gaza and the West Bank."

Located in the center of Hebron -- one of the largest cities in the occupied West Bank -- the Old City was divided into Palestinian and Israeli-controlled areas, known as H1 and H2, following the Ibrahimi Mosque massacre.

According to Peace Now, in the year and a half since President Trump took office some 14,454 units in the West Bank has been approved, which is more than three times the amount that was approved in the year and half before his inauguration (4,476 units).

"The Netanyahu government is clearly continuing to take advantage of the carte blanche the Trump Administration has given it in order to destroy the chances for peace," Peace Now said.

Since the occupation of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, in 1967, between 500,000 and 600,000 Israelis have moved into Israeli settlements in occupied Palestinian territory, in violation of international law.

The estimated 196 government recognized Israeli settlements scattered across the Palestinian territory are all considered illegal under international law.

So you can watch that entire clip and what you get from that is that an Israeli soldier has been stabbed? Nowhere in that clip does it say that there is any evidence that an Israeli soldier was stabbed. As 'Doubting Thomas' once said 'Show me the wounds'.

According to that Scottish guy the testimony of the one of the Israeli soldiers present at the 'alleged' stabbing attempt was 'we were driving past in a weapons carrier when a Palestinian approached and 'bang' he was shot in the stomach and he was dying and no one gave him a second look.'

You have nothing to say regarding that after the arrest of an Israeli 'medic' for shooting dead an injured and prostrate Palestinian or the mob that burnt out the Palestinian family and when in the Israeli court that their supporters were outside singing 'Ali, Ali is burning on the grill' while the 'Police' blithely stand by and do fuck all about it?

I'd invite anyone to look at that clip and come to their own conclusions.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

So you can watch that entire clip and what you get from that is that an Israeli soldier has been stabbed? Nowhere in that clip does it say that there is any evidence that an Israeli soldier was stabbed. As 'Doubting Thomas' once said 'Show me the wounds'.

According to that Scottish guy the testimony of the one of the Israeli soldiers present at the 'alleged' stabbing attempt was 'we were driving past in a weapons carrier when a Palestinian approached and 'bang' he was shot in the stomach and he was dying and no one gave him a second look.'

You have nothing to say regarding that after the arrest of an Israeli 'medic' for shooting dead an injured and prostrate Palestinian or the mob that burnt out the Palestinian family and when in the Israeli court that their supporters were outside singing 'Ali, Ali is burning on the grill' while the 'Police' blithely stand by and do fuck all about it?

I'd invite anyone to look at that clip and come to their own conclusions.

Chicago rules, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

I didn't watch the whole clip, being as how it's from a country that shoots people for being gay, I read the numerous articles on this event instead. So can I get an answer to my question?

It’s about a country that murder people and claim they have a weapon. So I’d need evidence.m before answering the question. 

Fuck it, the answer is yes anyway. UK and Canadian examples show this quite well. If taken at face value, the statement from the IDF says he ‘approached an Israeli security crossing near Kiryat Arba, east of Hebron, with a knife in his hand. In response, IDF troops neutralised the assailant’. Leaving aside that Kiryat Arba is an illegal settlement and whether or not any other country in the world would accept another country just building on their land, and whether or not it’s legitimate to fight against foreign invaders, it doesn’t seem that he attempted to stab anybody, let alone actually stabbed them. So maybe the hypothetical question should be ‘is there anywhere else in the world where a civilian can hold a knife and not be murdered by an invading force?’ the answer to that is yes. 

Knowing what hat we know about the reliability of IDF’s claims, I would want firm evidence that he did even have a weapon. But even they weren’t brazen enough to claim he stabbed anyone. Once again, you come off looking like you’re trying to deflect from murder. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fuck it, the answer is yes anyway. UK and Canadian examples show this quite well. If taken at face value, the statement from the IDF says he ‘approached an Israeli security crossing near Kiryat Arba, east of Hebron, with a knife in his hand. In response, IDF troops neutralised the assailant’. Leaving aside that Kiryat Arba is an illegal settlement and whether or not any other country in the world would accept another country just building on their land, and whether or not it’s legitimate to fight against foreign invaders, it doesn’t seem that he attempted to stab anybody, let alone actually stabbed them. So maybe the hypothetical question should be ‘is there anywhere else in the world where a civilian can hold a knife and not be murdered by an invading force?’ the answer to that is yes. 

Knowing what hat we know about the reliability of IDF’s claims, I would want firm evidence that he did even have a weapon. But even they weren’t brazen enough to claim he stabbed anyone. Once again, you come off looking like you’re trying to deflect from murder. 

It seems we are talking about different stabbing attacks anyway. I was referring to the one that happened on Monday at the Cave of the Patriarchs, not the one you seem to be describing from September in Kiryat Arba. I'll be honest, I have no idea which one the video refers to, as I say I only watched the first bit, but I assumed it was current news.

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

I didn't watch the whole clip, being as how it's from a country that shoots people for being gay, I read the numerous articles on this event instead. So can I get an answer to my question?

But you're quite happy to support and defend a state that shoots and bombs people for the crime of being Palestinian.

But you're quite happy to support and defend a state that shoots and bombs people for the crime of being Palestinian.